Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 06:52 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,402,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
How does that saying go, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the defninition of insanity? Something like that. As evidenced by the thread about male vs female dry spells, there are many men on this very forum who haven't been with a woman in several years. Being themselves isn't working and it's time they change things up. I'm a huge advocate of self-improvement, of "be your best self" as Neil Strauss put it. That spans from hitting the gym to learning about style/fashion to maybe getting some dental work. That also includes learning how to communicate with women in the most attractive manner possible, aka "game". I think a lot of you guys have the wrong idea about this stuff or have closed your minds to what's possible. Talking to women is just another form of public speaking. Nobody is born good at it and some people are naturally better than others. Those who suck at a subject in school take a class. If you suck at cooking you take a non-credit cooking class. If you suck at public speaking you take a speech class or maybe join Toastmasters. If you are terrible with women then a dating coach may be in order, just like if you such at a subject at school you might get a tutor to help things out. It's really no different. People need to get their head around it and realize they're all GOOD things to go. Sitting on your butt, shrugging your shoulders wondering why nobody likes you, posting about it on a forum and doing nothing to improve your situation is just lazy and unproductive.
I agree---what is it about my post you disagree with? Surly, you don't advocate "being plastic" just so you can get in some girl's pants.....confused here???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 12:40 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,609,808 times
the bigger jerk and a*****e your are the more you'll score

Old 12-26-2009, 05:21 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,033,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
the bigger jerk and a*****e your are the more you'll score
Sure, you'll get quantity, but how's the quality??

Girls like to be swept off their feet a little bit. Guys should understand that. We all want to feel special - like you chose us when you could have had others. Being aggressive and competitive, those aren't bad things. Especially aggressiveness, although that doesn't give guys a license to act like a brute. Pair aggressiveness with confidence, a dry wit, and a little intrigue and I'm good to go.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:52 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,586,975 times
To what some of you define who a "nice guy" is then he actually has it made.

This response is solely for the "nice guy" then:

He doesn't have to worry about possibly catching lifelong and possible life-threatening STD's "annnnnnd" oooopsy preggers "annnnnnnnnnnnnd" paying 18+ years to mommy for that "ooooopsy" "annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd" court appearances, etc, etc, etc......................

Old 12-26-2009, 06:24 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,016,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
To what some of you define who a "nice guy" is then he actually has it made.

This response is solely for the "nice guy" then:

He doesn't have to worry about possibly catching lifelong and possible life-threatening STD's "annnnnnd" oooopsy preggers "annnnnnnnnnnnnd" paying 18+ years to mommy for that "ooooopsy" "annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd" court appearances, etc, etc, etc......................
Who said nice guys are virgins?

If you aren't a virgin, no matter how nice you are, you're at risk for all those things and more.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:27 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,586,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Who said nice guys are virgins?

If you aren't a virgin, no matter how nice you are, you're at risk for all those things and more.
Well by the meaning seems to imply those nice guys don't get sex hence my response.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:06 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,014,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Sure, you'll get quantity, but how's the quality??

Girls like to be swept off their feet a little bit. Guys should understand that. We all want to feel special - like you chose us when you could have had others. Being aggressive and competitive, those aren't bad things. Especially aggressiveness, although that doesn't give guys a license to act like a brute. Pair aggressiveness with confidence, a dry wit, and a little intrigue and I'm good to go.
Quick question, what do you mean by aggressivness without being a brute? Is it in the sense that it is synonimous with being assertive?

Old 12-26-2009, 07:09 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
per OP
oh now you have called me pathetic.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:53 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,014,072 times
Default Nice guys.

Nice guy (or being a nice guy) is, I think, a bit objective and very open in meaning, it could be a "Gentleman", a "pushover", some guy who isn't aggressive (still wondering exactly what that means when it comes to how men treat women) and makes up for it by sucking up to her and being passive.

I'd say being 'gentlemanly' like holding doors open and treating her respectfully (until she shows that she doesn't deserve it) and saying nice things about them or what is on their person (like how they look or how they are today) is the best route.

But hey that's just me.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,216,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Nice guy (or being a nice guy) is, I think, a bit objective and very open in meaning, it could be a "Gentleman", a "pushover", some guy who isn't aggressive (still wondering exactly what that means when it comes to how men treat women) and makes up for it by sucking up to her and being passive.
More and more I get the feeling that the self-described "nice" guys are mostly the misogynists. The really good people don't appear to have the need to label themselves as "nice."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships