Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:47 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,343,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
They have, for the most part. Marriage rates are crashing as a result. This is the only reason the women can claim, disingenuously that divorce is down.

Only men who have nothing to lose seriously entertain marriage as an option now days. They bone up on their a$$ kissing techniques and sign up for future alimony. Its the world turned upside down.
I just have to laugh at your posts. My husband doesn't kiss my ass but I know who can..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 07:11 AM

78,912 posts, read 61,095,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
They have, for the most part. Marriage rates are crashing as a result. This is the only reason the women can claim, disingenuously that divorce is down.

Only men who have nothing to lose seriously entertain marriage as an option now days. They bone up on their a$$ kissing techniques and sign up for future alimony. Its the world turned upside down.
Sounds like you have made some bad choices in the past. Take some personal responsibility for that.

I know some awful women who are truly evil and some wonderful women that are truly a gift to whomever is in their life....and the same goes for men. With that said, you need to choose wisely no matter what your gender is.

I have an older friend with a chronically ill hubby who will probably be back on the market in 5-10 years. Whomever lands her (or him if it were reversed) is going to be one lucky SOB.

With that said, I find your posts here invaluable because they give people seeking advice one extreme view which can be a sobering reminder of the consequences of making bad choices. (Like marrying an ex-stripper you met 2 months ago after she got divorce #3. ) Also a good reminder that if you are so jaded you shouldn't go near a relationship with a 10ft. pole.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:04 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,416,828 times
I find this thread hard to believe. No man is this stupid, Lol

Old 08-03-2013, 06:24 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,641,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Well, I've got a bit attached to a woman lately, and want her to like me beyond being a friend. But these points are the stumbling blocks:

- She recently was dating a geologist, who at first seemed nice, but turned out to be a dick to her. he was not physically abusive, but would speak down to her and treat her like a trophy.

- She seems turned off at dating for now, but she always seems to attract dicks. Why she does, I think only God knows. I don't treat women like ****, and I want to see not all guys are jerks.

She may seem a bit off dating now, but would I have much hope here?

Everybody is different, but from a woman's perspective, would you be willing to give a guy a chance, even if past experience made things sour?
Ha good luck buddy

Old 08-03-2013, 07:17 PM

7,515 posts, read 4,762,174 times
Put in the time and always be there for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships