Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 02:03 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Don't be ridiculous. By the time you're an adult. Did you really need this explained to you?

You waited until you were an adult to begin questioning what you were taught?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 02:15 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Oh good grief!

Old 12-29-2009, 02:20 PM

127 posts, read 312,139 times
You should get some counseling. Seriously.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:29 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.rain View Post
You should get some counseling. Seriously.
More than likely psychiatric evaluation. Maybe he's either a troll or someone with serious issues esp. one who never moved pass the Freudian stages of development.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:46 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Please don't have sex and create anymore kids. It's time to stop the chain of non-believers in your family. I hope your wife is a cold fish who also hates sex cause most women would dump you with a belief like yours.

Sex is a way for partners to bond and have a strong marriage. It's fun, pleasurable and something 2 people can share.

Your brain is warped and you could use some professional help

Old 12-29-2009, 05:41 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
Hey, I believe what the OP wrote. No, I don't believe what his grandma and father told him about sex, but I believe that's what he was told. I've heard it many times and not just from the Catholic Church. But speaking of the Catholic Church, I'm pretty sure I heard that from a nun 50 years ago when I attended Catholic school for a year. That's why using birth control was (is?) frowned upon by the Church -- sex is for procreation only. Of course they'd tell you how to use the rhythm method.... (I never could figure that one out.)

I didn't want a wife who believed that crap, so I married a Lutheran. She believed there were two reasons to have sex. One was to get children, the other was to get a husband.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:17 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
Yes, I know the story in my orginal post seems somewhat odd, but again it is true.

It would be great if there could be a honest discussion of how many people were in fact told that sex was just for child bearing purposes and it was a dirty nasty thing. If you look at history you will find that this was a common feeling back in the 1800s and I am sure other people have brought this idea on through the generations.

Dear Lord. This is 2009...almost 2010. Communication and help is everwhere you turn. I cannot believe that you are even asking this, and if you truly feel this way, you need counseling. Otherwise, if you really ARE being truthful, the answer is: DUH. Yeah. You WILL pass it on...if you're lucky enough to keep your wife...
Please get some help...read...go on Dr. Phil ... consult a sex therapist...or just be honest with yourself...I'm usually a very sympathetic person but your post and question just absolutely sets my head on fire...

Old 12-29-2009, 07:40 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
The following post is completely honest and sincere:

My fathers Mother, who died before I was born, hated sex, but had two children. She was told by her mother that it was a sin to actually enjoy sex and it was a dirty ugly nasty act that was strictly for attempting to have children. She was told that it was her role as a woman to have children and be a mother, but she did not have to like sex, pregnancy, or motherhood.

My father was brought up with this tradition passed down through the generations. He did not want to have sex and felt ill at ease about it and only did it to attempt to get my mother pregnant. He did not really want to father children but was told by his mother that having children was a responsibility of all married couples.

Now it is the modern time but I still have a feeling that we need to have children and I have to have sex with my wife so that she will get pregnant so we can full fill out obligation to society and continue our family. But I really do not like having sex just like my father and grandfather.

Will this old fashioned thinking about sex, pregnancy and children go another generation?
I must be in a foul mood.
Are you freakin' serious?! Fulfill your obligation to society?! Could you be anymore freakin' arrogant?!!! : smack:
Here's something your parents didn't tell you; if you put your schnitzel in that particular orifice it'll get snapped off.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:44 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
As your wife's husband, you feel you have to have sex with her so that she will get pregnant? You owe no obligation to her or soceiety to populate the world. I don't believe we were just created to "be fruitful and multiply". We have these fascinating bodies that are very sensuous and pleasured by touch. The intimacy between a couple in love is like no other. You come together to be one, not just have a baby. I can't think of anything more special than making love w/ my husband. Our bond goes so far beyond just sex. We truly want to be close and be together because of our love for eachother.

Your really not liking sex just like your father and grandfather would cause even more concern in your wife's relationship w/ Larry.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:39 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
OP - Unless you go out of your way to mentally impress upon your children that they should not enjoy sex, I am sure they will be normal, healthy, sexual beings.
If you don't like sex, and your dislike of it isn't upsetting your wife or harming your marriage, I don't see what the big deal is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships