Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:51 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,978 times

Advertisements

Come on, give us your list... either something about yourself, or someone you know.

Let's hear 'em!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 12:56 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,841,173 times
My younger sister gained the freshman 20 when she first went off to college. 20 quickly turned into 30 and by the beginning of her sophomore year, she went on a diet and began working out.

By the holidays she looked spectacular- and everyone told her so. She was hung up on the fact that her "elbows" looked fat.

And in true big sister fashion, I told her that they were disgustingly obese and made the rest of her body look terrible. LOL!

Old 05-23-2007, 01:24 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,707,416 times
So you want something OTHER then the usual complaints?

I think I only have the usual ones. And I think I have cute feet, but I hear from women they hate their feet!

I also have a small chest - but I like it that way

OH WAIT! Knee fat skin! I've noticed as I've gotten older the skin above my knees look floppy! (and I'm not fat) It's weird what we fixate on

Old 05-23-2007, 01:27 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,904,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
So you want something OTHER then the usual complaints?

I think I only have the usual ones. And I think I have cute feet, but I hear from women they hate their feet!

I also have a small chest - but I like it that way

OH WAIT! Knee fat skin! I've noticed as I've gotten older the skin above my knees look floppy! (and I'm not fat) It's weird what we fixate on
I think that only happens to skinny people

Old 05-23-2007, 01:41 PM

3,670 posts, read 6,579,774 times
Default I hate fat knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
..... OH WAIT! Knee fat skin! I've noticed as I've gotten older the skin above my knees look floppy! (and I'm not fat) It's weird what we fixate on
Of course! Because when I'm looking at a woman in a bathing suit, birthday suit, shorts.... whatever, I would definitely notice the skin right above the knees. The skin would have to be bulging like Popeye's forearms before I'd even notice.

Funny how we all see ourselves, eh? I've often told my wife that when a man is looking at a naked woman the only thing he's noticing is that she's naked. And that's never a bad thing.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:55 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,739,648 times
Default Usually it is all of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
Come on, give us your list... either something about yourself, or someone you know.

Let's hear 'em!
Especially the parts normally covered up.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:05 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times
Okay, here's my most recent story - a dental mishap, if you will.

I have always had perfect teeth. Never had a problem with them. So I go to this dentist here in Texas for a routine cleaning and check up. I had a very minor rough spot on one of my front teeth that lipstick would occasionally get stuck on. Not a big deal, I have always just wiped the lipstick off my tooth. I ask if she can smooth it out a little bit so it would be smoother, like the tooth next to it. She said no problem, she could fix it for me.

Here's the sad part ... She gives me a shot and starts DRILLING my tooth down! I didn't know what she was doing. I thought she was smoothing it out - until she starts talking about making a CROWN for my tooth! By that time it was already too late, as she had drilled my tooth down. I had to wait for a crown, and in the meantime I had basically a small, skinny nub for a front tooth. Extremely embarrassing. Got the first crown and it didn't fit. Second one - it didn't fit, third - didn't fit, fourth - didn't fit. I am now wearing the fifth crown and it is still too long, too wide, too thick, the underside feels like I have a huge piece of gum stuck on my tooth. Needless to say, I am NOT a happy camper. I am going to wait until I get back to CA to my regular dentist so she can fix this disaster! I can't believe this Texas dentist did this to me!!!

Anyway, that's what I'm self conscious about right now!

Old 05-23-2007, 02:09 PM

550 posts, read 2,826,421 times
I have to get rid of the upper arm flab. I don't wear tank tops anymore, who wants to see the big pancake of an upper arm! (I have lost 4 pounds in the past week, keep your fingers crossed for me!).

I have a friend who has a lot of black facial hair. It seems to be getting darker over the years. I always wonder, 'can't she see it? Why doesn't she bleach or pluck it?)

Old 05-23-2007, 02:12 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,301,027 times
I have some surgical scars I am pretty self conscience about...I remember not long after I had surgery the second time one of my teachers was literally STARING at the scar on my elbow, they are bright red for awhile when you first get them and it seemed he couldn't see anything else, I was already sensitive about them and I almost ran out of class...

The other scars from the surgery are over the crest of my hips, on either side so no one sees them unless we are intimate...they are nasty looking, like I was in a knife fight or something...

Then the thing we have already discused, I have enough chest to donate some to another woman and still have enough left over for myself.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:17 PM

550 posts, read 2,826,421 times
Quote:
I have enough chest to donate some to another woman and still have enough left over for myself.
I'll take it!!! Then I wouldn't have to wear uncomfortable push up bras!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships