Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Ep- Ep- started this thread

2,080 posts, read 4,173,488 times

Advertisements

i normally meet girls at bars, go out with them for a few weeks and get bored, then break up with then. then i will meet someone new and repeat the cycle. a lot of the times i will date more then one at once.

i actually kind of want to meet a nice girl now. ya know, one of those girls i can actually take time to get to know and all that other stuff. maybe even enter one of those scary long term relationship things i havent done in awhile!

this shall be quite the adventure. i hope it goes well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 PM

302 posts, read 608,350 times
I don't frequent bars since I rarely drink, but I use to go dancing quite often in hopes of meeting guys. Thinking that we would have dancing as a common interest....

Most of the guys would tell me that they were just looking to take someone home for the evening....some had some horrible pick up lines. I ever only met one guy that I exchanged phone numbers with because he wasn't creepy like the others. We became friends and hung out quite a bit....car races and hanging out in the garage while the guys worked on their cars.

Although it's possible, I would imagine, to meet a nice person at the bar....it's not usually typical.

I haven't really put much effort into finding someone special, so I don't have too many answers for you except:

Try joining clubs, organizations, associations where you can meet people that have the same types of interest...ie: camping, football, hiking

There are groups such as The Jaycees "Leadership Training through Community Service"; Kiwanis; Elks Lodge. Church...

Best wishes to you and I really do hope that you meet a nice girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i normally meet girls at bars, go out with them for a few weeks and get bored, then break up with then. then i will meet someone new and repeat the cycle. a lot of the times i will date more then one at once.

i actually kind of want to meet a nice girl now. ya know, one of those girls i can actually take time to get to know and all that other stuff. maybe even enter one of those scary long term relationship things i havent done in awhile!

this shall be quite the adventure. i hope it goes well!

Old 01-18-2010, 06:38 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,742,740 times
Good luck to you. Be gentle with her heart now. :-)

Old 01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Ep- Ep- started this thread

2,080 posts, read 4,173,488 times
ya im convinced bars are really hard places to meet good people at. i hang out at bars and meet people all the time so i have a lot of experience to base my opinion around. was good for awhile because i didnt want a long term connection, but then i kind of stuck with that for awhile. time to search around other places!

Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 PM

174 posts, read 230,615 times
Remember that you have to be a nice guy to get a nice girl.
Good luck.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:01 PM

2,031 posts, read 5,040,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
Good luck.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:07 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,256,600 times
Quote:
Good luck.

All the nice guys in the world only WISH this was true.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times
-Ep I'm sooo proud of you...you big boy! Hope it works out for you!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:17 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,034,120 times
Quote:
Good luck.
Perhaps we should replace the word "nice" with genuinely good? Anyone can be nice.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:26 PM

174 posts, read 230,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Perhaps we should replace the word "nice" with genuinely good? Anyone can be nice.
Genuinely good point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships