Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:28 AM

3 posts, read 3,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
How the heck can you meet someone on FaceBook? Its not possible. Facebook is not a "meeting" or "find a date" type of website. Did you mean your facebook friends introduced him to you?
Yes one of my friends introduced me to him, and no I don't accept or add people I don't know. I asked him once if he wanted to hang out sometime but his answer was sometime in the far future. I know all what is going in his life, even with his family, friends and everything because I have to ask questions (to keep conversations going) which apparently he likes but I feel he knows very few things about me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 09:47 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkLemon View Post
Yes one of my friends introduced me to him, and no I don't accept or add people I don't know. I asked him once if he wanted to hang out sometime but his answer was sometime in the far future. I know all what is going in his life, even with his family, friends and everything because I have to ask questions (to keep conversations going) which apparently he likes but I feel he knows very few things about me.
Do not waste one single second more of your time on this person.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Yes one of my friends introduced me to him, and no I don't accept or add people I don't know.
Then you didnt really meet him on Facebook. You met him because you were introduced by your friend. Your question was quite misleading now wasnt it?

Old 01-18-2010, 05:49 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Sounds like "I want to be friends" to me.

I think if you are hoping for anything more, you may be disappointed i'm afraid.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:24 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
Quote:
If he doesn't want to put forth any effort to get to know you and doesn't want to think about hanging out until 'the far future' then I think you're probably just wasting your time, unfortunately.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:13 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,319 times
You're his back up. If the chick or chicks he's trying to get with aren't responding to him then he probably tries to contact you. Dump this fool and move on.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:41 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
So...you two used to talk alot online, but now there is not much conversation going on, or is this how it was then to?
Meh. Doesn`t sound like much chemistry there. Move on.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:52 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
meet people in real life and not online. that way you can really gauge the relationship. and its easier to hold people accountable face to face.
otherwise just get used to him "logging off" on you.

Quote:
So I met this man few months ago on facebook. we used to talk a lot online, then he disappeared for a while and I was busy with work. He started texting me these last days, but he just starts the conversation or send me pictures of him and then I have to do the do the whole thing and ask questions...so he is not interested? or maybe he lacks of verbal communication skills maybe it is just me. He is usually silent around me, but he talks a lot when with his friends and he is more enthusiastic and acts more normal.

thoughts? solutions?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:25 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
Quote:
He is usually silent around me, but he talks a lot when with his friends and he is more enthusiastic and acts more normal.
How do you know this if you've never met him??

Something is off here...

Old 01-19-2010, 01:47 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
So I met this man few months ago on facebook. we used to talk a lot online, then he disappeared for a while and I was busy with work. He started texting me these last days, but he just starts the conversation or send me pictures of him and then I have to do the do the whole thing and ask questions...so he is not interested? or maybe he lacks of verbal communication skills maybe it is just me. He is usually silent around me, but he talks a lot when with his friends and he is more enthusiastic and acts more normal.

thoughts? solutions?
If you haven't met in in REAL LIFE, then you haven't met. You could be communicating with an 8 year old girl. This just sounds childish. Ignore any further communications and remove him from your FB. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships