Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:33 PM

773 posts, read 1,260,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Marriage counseling...if there is a reason for marriage counseling that already means one person has checked out, and goes along with counseling because he/she is not ready to completely pull the plug. It is a waste of time if you ask me, and sadly, I have worked with couples in "counseling". It usually involves one person trying to change the other person, and either they can come to a consensus or not.

I really think marraige counseling is more about negotiating an amicable break up.
I would generally agree with your last statement, at least in my case. The marriage counselor told me that I should leave the marriage, given the, ah, volatile set of circumstances. And he was right.

However, marriage counseling can really teach you a lot about yourself. I learned why I chose this particular person — why I made a critical error in judgment when I married him and what I could do in the future so I wouldn't make the same mistake. It was an eye-opening experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships