Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:42 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
I dunno, a guy cooking a meal and giving me a back rub sounds really nice to me. Even if he's not a good cook, just the effort is sweet. I don't really have much use/room for a huge teddy bear and I don't like half the chocolates in those big assorted heart boxes, anyway.
I hope to find a woman with that view point one day.
A dinner, a card and perhaps a rose would suffice, and later the back rub as well. All that other crap does my head in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 02:43 PM

128 posts, read 243,206 times
Default I agree..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Come on, would any man here turn down being seduced?

Seduction is becoming an endangered art simply because life doesn't always accommodate the thought and effort that goes into it.
I agree - and think that's one of the reasons my husband is so happy. You put some thought and effort into something, it usually turns into stupendous, out-of-this-world results

Old 02-01-2010, 02:49 PM

47 posts, read 80,270 times
Hmm seems like a lot of people go for the dinner at home?

and a lot more for the sex! LOL

I agree with juniperbleu no big teddy bears or chocolates coming from guys.

Although flowers are nice. Even if it's just a single rose.

& personilized gifts are good but when you have no imagination what so ever like me. That is quiet hard

Old 02-01-2010, 03:01 PM

302 posts, read 607,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria19 View Post
Some of you might read this and be like OH GOSH not another asking for V-day ideas! LOL!!

I'm just horrible at gifts and planning things.

What would be a good gift and nice things to do on Valentines Day?

I'm sure most of you have a better thinking brain then I do

Thanks in advance!
If I had someone to spend Valentine's Day with...here are some of the things I would think of doing for my man....

Suggestions for gifts for a man:
1) Romantic Getaway - a room with a hot tub or jacuzzi tub for two; dinner where someone cooks for the both of you; and later grab the massage oil for a luxurious rub down - be sure to wear something sexy

2) Get him tickets to his favorite sports or other favorite type of event

3) Buy him something he wants or needs....most guys I know don't mind that power tool that they've been wanting or that big screen TV that they've been dreaming of.

Suggestions for gifts for a woman:
1) Romantic Getaway - a room with a hot tub or jacuzzi tub for two; dinner where someone cooks for the both of you; and later grab the massage oil for a luxurious rub down - be sure to wear something sexy or nothing at all

** See this can be perfect for both him & her

2) Get her tickets to her favorite sports or other favorite type of event

3) When a man makes a dinner for a woman....at least I know that I really appreciate it; even if it's not great - the thought that goes into it. Add some music and candle light.....and it will be a very memorable Valentine's Day indeed

4) I always enjoy receiving my favorites chocolates and a mushy love card melts my heart and makes me weak in the knees.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:07 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I wish women were half as easy to please as men. Life would be so much easier. Take note ladies.

If we did that for women, they would throw the kitchen sink and everything else at us. They expect much more romance blah de blah affection, and all the ooohs and aawwwwws. Lol.
Aww, there are women who'd love some grilled salmon and foot rub ... I would! Don't get me wrong, I love flowers and never turn down a nice surprise, but I didn't mean to imply that all women expect all that stuff.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:27 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Aww, there are women who'd love some grilled salmon and foot rub ... I would! Don't get me wrong, I love flowers and never turn down a nice surprise, but I didn't mean to imply that all women expect all that stuff.
I think the grilled salmon and foot rubs should be because you love the person, not just once a year. Maybe I'm just a sappy manlet...or maybe I'm missing the point of Valentine's Day.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I think the grilled salmon and foot rubs should be because you love the person, not just once a year. Maybe I'm just a sappy manlet...or maybe I'm missing the point of Valentine's Day.
It's a special occasion I suppose. Just like your birthday is a special occasion. And people do, or I hope they do, extra special things for their SO on such days.

I'm not much of a VD fan either, but if the woman I'm with likes it then I'll go the extra mile to please her. I don't see why not. Not that I wouldn't do it the other 364 days of the year, but just saying...

Old 02-01-2010, 04:33 PM

302 posts, read 607,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
It's a special occasion I suppose. Just like your birthday is a special occasion. And people do, or I hope they do, extra special things for their SO on such days.

I'm not much of a VD fan either, but if the woman I'm with likes it then I'll go the extra mile to please her. I don't see why not. Not that I wouldn't do it the other 364 days of the year, but just saying...
And there perhaps lies the problem....that if everyone would do a few extra nice things the other 364 days a year...then maybe there wouldn't need for VD to be such a special occasion. Shouldn't everyday be special with your SO???!!! Not just wait for 1 day a year to show it to your SO???? Just a thought....

Old 02-01-2010, 04:37 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
I say just have fun with it. People take Valentine's day so seriously and it's really just a day that someone proclaimed would be a good time to say I Love You and spend too much money.

Get some red, pink, and white body paint and be each other's canvas.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish70 View Post
And there perhaps lies the problem....that if everyone would do a few extra nice things the other 364 days a year...then maybe there wouldn't need for VD to be such a special occasion. Shouldn't everyday be special with your SO???!!! Not just wait for 1 day a year to show it to your SO???? Just a thought....
Agree. If it was up to me I would abolish VD. But if it makes my woman happy, then I'd do anything to please her.

I couldn't care less tbh. Even for my birthday, I wouldn't care one bit if I didn't get anything. Last time I had a g/f all I got for my birthday was a kiss on the cheek, a pad on the bum and few I love yous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships