Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Tkt Tkt started this thread

44 posts, read 153,016 times

Advertisements

hello,

I ask this question to both men and women:

Do you think the feelings you have for someone can change?

For example, a women who isn't interested in a man, could she start liking him with time, or if he becomes more open with her? Or will she always feel the same way about him, no matter what?

And what about going from being interested, to uninterested? Do you think it's possible?

Do you think it is different for men and women?

If you have already experienced this, don't hesitate sharing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 04:31 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkt View Post
hello,

I ask this question to both men and women:

Do you think the feelings you have for someone can change?

For example, a women who isn't interested in a man, could she start liking him with time, or if he becomes more open with her? Or will she always feel the same way about him, no matter what?

And what about going from being interested, to uninterested? Do you think it's possible?

Do you think it is different for men and women?

If you have already experienced this, don't hesitate sharing
I think it can improve with time. You don't walk in with trust. It has to be earned, IMO. Once people get to know one another a little better it builds and builds.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:36 PM

146 posts, read 371,284 times
Hello. Yeah i definitely know that feelings change. Its inevitable. Maybe the feelings wont change drastically, but it still does depending on what has been said/done.

For me personally i always seem to take a long time to develop feelings for a guy, and once i realize i am interested and my want to see a guy, the guy is no longer interested anymore. I find that guys tend to like me more quickly compared to me liking them. I also find that men don't really have the patience to wait a little while until i figure out whether they are right for me.

In relationships my feelings tend to be stable. I'll go with the flow. And even if we have fought my feelings for him do not change, but my perspective on where the relationship will go may change.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:43 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
I can't prove this by any statistics but I strongly suspect that changing feelings generally go from good to bad. Take the number of divorces for example. I believe it's roughly half of all marriages that will end in divorce in the US (we're actually at a much higher rate than most nations though) so obviously things went very badly in all of those failed marriages. I suspect that part of the problem is that when people are married and they're still fairly young that they're also both somewhat immature and will often times grow in different directions until they have little left in common. I've seen this happen with married friends a number of times. I also think that the powerful romantic urges that often spark a relationship in the first place may settle down to a lower level as time goes on and if that's all it was based on the relationship would be more likely to fail.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:54 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
MontanaGuy has a point, but I also think sometimes people change and grow closer. I know two couples who started out as just friends, going out with groups, not romantically involved at all. But after a while, they looked at each other with different eyes, in a romantic and sexual way. Both of these couples eventually got married, and both are very happy. In one of those couples, I do know that the guy had a crush on the girl from the beginning, but she "didn't feel that way" about him. She changed!

Old 02-07-2010, 11:16 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Yes, I think that feelings can change, and this goes for both male, and female.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:58 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
The more you get to know a person the more your feelings for them can grow or diminish. Feelings are seldom static. The best relationships I've seen have started out as friendships and blossomed into more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships