Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:33 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,745 times

Advertisements

For a long time, I have thought one can meet a potential SO anywhere. it doesn't only have to be in a bar/club.

Now, on Facebook as an example, you get from time to time people who add you or send you messages whom you don't know, or are friends of friends whom you don't personally know. It seems a lot of people think "eh? do I know you?!" when receiving one of these, but what if you chat with the person, get to know them, and meet them in real life? I don't see how it's so odd then, personally. Whilst one should be on their guard when dealing with strangers online, once you verify they are who they say they are, and can sense they are genuine, then to me there is no issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Now, on Facebook as an example, you get from time to time people who add you or send you messages whom you don't know, or are friends of friends whom you don't personally know. It seems a lot of people think "eh? do I know you?!" when receiving one of these, but what if you chat with the person, get to know them, and meet them in real life? I don't see how it's so odd then, personally. Whilst one should be on their guard when dealing with strangers online, once you verify they are who they say they are, and can sense they are genuine, then to me there is no issue.
Personally, I wouldn't mind, but I've only ever gotten random friend requests from guys who weren't my type, so I didn't add them.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:40 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,487,108 times
i personally know of one relationship that started from facebook. two people who went to the same highschool years ago, but didnt personally know eachother, met through their high school "fan" page. happen to both be living in the same state now (different from where they grew up)

i think if it' a friend of a friend kind of thing, how could that be wierd? imagine if you were at a party and met a freind of a freind....wouldnt that be just the same?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,083 times
i once friended a random girl i did not know at all and went out with her because my buddy said it would be impossible to actually get a date that way. it works!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:22 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i once friended a random girl i did not know at all and went out with her because my buddy said it would be impossible to actually get a date that way. it works!
How? Explain this to me. Just like a random person happens to sweep by your facebook and you hooked up with her? I am legitamately interested in learning how you did that.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,300 times
Well clearly I don't think it's weird!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Well clearly I don't think it's weird!
Otherwise you'd have to admit YOU are weird!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
How? Explain this to me. Just like a random person happens to sweep by your facebook and you hooked up with her? I am legitamately interested in learning how you did that.
friend them and pretend like you know them from somewhere, even though you dont. she should admit to not knowing you, but start a casual conversation from there. rest doesnt need explanation

wouldnt recommend wasting too much time on it. i just did it because my friend said i couldnt

Old 02-08-2010, 07:39 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Otherwise you'd have to admit YOU are weird!

LOL! I think we've already established that, my dear!

I freely admit it but I don't think I'm any worse than some of the lunatics in this asylum!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:40 PM

133 posts, read 290,282 times
If you're LOOKING for it, then yes to me that's odd. If it just happens, then nah it's w/e's. I just find it very strange when people TRY to find someone to date on those sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships