Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are pretty girls more likely to be high maintenance?
Yes 43 81.13%
No 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:18 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,075 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what people think. High maintenance is subjective I know so I'll just use a basic examples like let's say she requires a 40 dollar meal instead of a 20 dollar meal to be happy at a restaurant or she needs to drive a 28k car instead of a 16k car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,622,555 times
Pretty Girls are people too and as such individuals. Some will be nice , some will be greedy. It depends on the pretty girl...

Old 02-10-2010, 05:45 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,901,337 times
I don't think that depends on if you are pretty or ugly, or being nice or greedy, it depends on how you were brought up and the type of things that you are used to surrounding yourself with. If you have always been around BMWs than that is your normal reality, and the type of vehicle you expect for yourself, where as if you have only seen '84 Buicks than you will have no problem with those.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:59 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,670,441 times
Some women I know are just natural beauties and they literally wake up gorgeous. These women don't have to spend lots of time getting ready because they look great without much effort. I consider them low maintenance and wish I was that lucky!

Old 02-10-2010, 06:05 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Just wondering what people think. High maintenance is subjective I know so I'll just use a basic examples like let's say she requires a 40 dollar meal instead of a 20 dollar meal to be happy at a restaurant or she needs to drive a 28k car instead of a 16k car.
I wouldn't call that high maintenance. I call that being materialistic.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:15 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
I don't think that depends on if you are pretty or ugly, or being nice or greedy, it depends on how you were brought up and the type of things that you are used to surrounding yourself with. If you have always been around BMWs than that is your normal reality, and the type of vehicle you expect for yourself, where as if you have only seen '84 Buicks than you will have no problem with those.
This.

If she's a pretty girl from the trailer park a 20 dollar meal will be ok, but if she's an ugly girl from the country club then even a 40 dollar meal isn't going to cut it.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:21 AM

917 posts, read 2,947,619 times
I think guys are more willing to put up with a high maintenance pretty girl. That said, I know a lot of really great, down to earth pretty girls. A lot of those girls are the ones who are naturally pretty without a lot of make-up/work, and they are usually focused on things besides their looks. In my experience, girls who have to work to stay pretty (lots of make-up, surgeries, spa treatments) tend to demand more. Maybe it's because they feel they have to put a lot of work into looking good, so you should put in a lot of work to keep dating them.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:27 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
I think guys are more willing to put up with a high maintenance pretty girl. That said, I know a lot of really great, down to earth pretty girls. A lot of those girls are the ones who are naturally pretty without a lot of make-up/work, and they are usually focused on things besides their looks. In my experience, girls who have to work to stay pretty (lots of make-up, surgeries, spa treatments) tend to demand more. Maybe it's because they feel they have to put a lot of work into looking good, so you should put in a lot of work to keep dating them.
The BEST kind of girl IMO

Old 02-10-2010, 07:21 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,180,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Dude, why does its matter? Really, are you that concerned about women that you need to know this?

I'd go as far as saying this question would be a total turn off for women to read, even if they are not high maintenance women.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:26 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,700,070 times
I believe high maintence means you have to spend a lot of effort on them or you'll ruin their day. Of girls I know that fall under that category, they're all have to be the center of attention. They do ok together, but if someone new is present and more interesting, they want to leave. In my experience they generally do not "take one for team"...You're out at a nice dinner with a group dicussing what to do...Most people want to see a new horror movie afterwards but the high maintence girl doesn't and tries to get people to go to a dance club instead. If the girl doesn't get her way, she gets upset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships