Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 06:27 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,017 times

Advertisements

I believe dating is not about getting intimate ..its about knowing people .. their innate mysteries .. u cant get intimate with people unless u know them .. no matter how pretty or handsome one seems to be physically .. either ways it'll be LUST nothing else .. as theres a huge difference between satisfying what u desire and satisfying what u need .. Think about it !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 06:28 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Now guys, I don't mean to offend ur delicacy, but since when does a man have to be attracted to a woman in order to do the wild thang? If she's willing u r attracted. Hence, the concepts such of "WAM BAM THANKYA MAM" or one night stand mentality? I know some of u may still say "I don't want to date someone I am not attracted to," but doesn't that mean u don't want to do something else? It may mean u don't want to pay for a date with money or time, but u will capitalize given the opportunity. I could be wrong, but I doubt it!
Thank you dear

Old 02-14-2010, 06:40 AM

550 posts, read 1,215,038 times
No why would I?

would you cook a meal when you are totally filled up?

Old 02-14-2010, 06:46 AM

404 posts, read 701,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
I believe dating is not about getting intimate ..its about knowing people .. their innate mysteries .. u cant get intimate with people unless u know them .. no matter how pretty or handsome one seems to be physically .. either ways it'll be LUST nothing else .. as theres a huge difference between satisfying what u desire and satisfying what u need .. Think about it !
What you say is perfectly fine. I can of course meet with a female friend and I could want to know more about her and have a good time. But if it's just that, I would not call it "dating".

It's the same for you women actually. Let's say you go out for coffee with one of your male friends, and he happens to be the typical "nice guy". You are very comfortable with him and want to know about him, but you are not feeling attracted. Would you call that a "date"?

Old 02-14-2010, 06:51 AM

550 posts, read 1,215,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
What you say is perfectly fine. I can of course meet with a female friend and I could want to know more about her and have a good time. But if it's just that, I would not call it "dating".

It's the same for you women actually. Let's say you go out for coffee with one of your male friends, and he happens to be the typical "nice guy". You are very comfortable with him and want to know about him, but you are not feeling attracted. Would you call that a "date"?
I agree with this, I mean sure when you decide to some something with anyone like a friend or something, you set a date(and place) to meet, that doesn't mean you "go on a date". To me dating is something you do exclusively to find out if someone is a potential boyfriend/girlfriend. What you do with others you want to get to know is meeting/hangin out.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:14 AM

532 posts, read 1,465,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Now guys, I don't mean to offend ur delicacy, but since when does a man have to be attracted to a woman in order to do the wild thang? If she's willing u r attracted. Hence, the concepts such of "WAM BAM THANKYA MAM" or one night stand mentality? I know some of u may still say "I don't want to date someone I am not attracted to," but doesn't that mean u don't want to do something else? It may mean u don't want to pay for a date with money or time, but u will capitalize given the opportunity. I could be wrong, but I doubt it!

Not always.
I'm sure most guys would pass on it if they were repulsed by the girl or not attracted in the slightest!

Old 02-14-2010, 07:18 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
Speaking from a woman's point of view... no, I could never date a man that I felt I wasn't attracted to romantically. If a man is only platonic friend material, I make it very clear that we aren't on a date, we are only platonic friends getting together and I pay my share of the bill.

I have found that it's just not worth going on dates with a man that I know I will not want as a boyfriend, as it's such a pain in the *ss to have to at some point tell them that they aren't relationship material for me. And I am also not interested in some sort of FWB arrangement either with a guy that isn't boyfriend material for me.

To me, a date is for when both sides are open to the idea of a romance and eventual relationship together. I also tend not to rush into the dating phase until I know the man well enough to feel that he is a good fit for me as a boyfriend. And I also have many male platonic friends that I spend time with due to common interests.

And I remember how about eight years ago, some friends of mine were trying to set me up with another friend of theirs. He really wasn't boyfriend material for me. He wasn't a good listener. And every time, after I bought a car or motorsports related item, he would either want to buy it from me or tell me how much of a mistake I made. Well he started off by wanting to do things together, and he would finish by saying... "is it a date then?" And I would always say "no!!! It's not a date!!" To which he would back off, and we never got together for activities that were just the two of us. And I have zero regrets for not dating him.

I also will never go on any "dates" with men, pretending romantic interest just to get a free meal from them.

And just because it's a single man and a single woman having a meal together, it doesn't make it a DATE imo.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:20 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
No , that's what cousins and gay guys are great for, to take your ugly sister to prom.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:21 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
To me dating is something you do exclusively to find out if someone is a potential boyfriend/girlfriend. What you do with others you want to get to know is meeting/hangin out.
Exactly, which is why the question posed is moot. To quote, for instance, Wikipedia:

"Dating is a form of courtship, and may include any social activity undertaken by, typically, two persons with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or as a spouse. The word refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity. Traditional dating activities include entertainment or a meal..."

Old 02-14-2010, 07:23 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,650 times
Nope, Have to agree with Ep..No desire to be intimate, go to friend zone..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships