Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 09:37 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times

Advertisements

I think 2 mature adults can be friends if they want to. Some people just drag the baggage with them though and make it impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 09:42 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I think 2 mature adults can be friends if they want to. Some people just drag the baggage with them though and make it impossible.
Most of the time the baggage doesn't show up until one or the other begins a new relationship though. I'm not sure I would appreciate my new gf being best buds with her ex.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:42 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,650 times
Depends on the situation, or how things ended.. There are a couple i have been friends with in the past..but, these were situations which ended on a positive note.. The others?..nope, why befriend someone who willingly or intentionally did you wrong?..unless you like that kind of stuff..sometimes, it is best not to stay friends, on any level..

Old 02-14-2010, 09:48 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Most of the time the baggage doesn't show up until one or the other begins a new relationship though. I'm not sure I would appreciate my new gf being best buds with her ex.
You wouldn't trust her?

Old 02-14-2010, 09:49 PM

109 posts, read 202,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Depends on the situation, or how things ended.. There are a couple i have been friends with in the past..but, these were situations which ended on a positive note.. The others?..nope, why befriend someone who willingly or intentionally did you wrong?..unless you like that kind of stuff..sometimes, it is best not to stay friends, on any level..
I totally agree, the reason I broke up with this ex is because I couldn't handle a long distance relationship. I was going through the stress of a job hunt and felt neglected. I was looking all over the east coast and it just so happens that I ended up in his area. So that's kind of how we ended up being friends, lol. There was one other issue of us being at different stages in life (Im a few years older than him). I didnt hold any animosity towards him for that, so I was able to and wanted to be friends with him.

He has been a fantastic friend, but last night felt different. (blazer, good shoes, cologne and all, lol)

Old 02-14-2010, 09:53 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
From a woman's perspective, this is my opinion, though the question is directed only at men. If I broke up with a guy, I would not want to continue seeing him. No way. I broke up with him for a reason, and that reason is that I really don't want him in my life anymore. Not even as a friend. I have no use for him. Period. Now if the situation is that he broke up with me, then yes. I would play the friend card. Why? Because I would be waiting for the perfect moment when I can make my move again. If I am not friends with him, its harder to make a move. So remain 'friends', and then when the time is perfect, bam, I'm his girlfriend again. Of course, I wouldn't do this with any guy, only one that has captured my heart and I am dead set on getting him back.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:53 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You wouldn't trust her?
I'm usually pretty good at foreseeing future problems. "Hun, do you mind if I go see a movie with my ex"? Me, "Sure hun, knock your sox off." No thanks. New relationships are for fresh starts. Not dealing with another's previous baggage.

It's not a trust thing with me. Feelings are something nobody can anticipate, I don't want to be that guy who naively stood by my new girlfriend when she up and decides she's still into her ex. On the other hand, I also would not like to be the guy who strung along my new girlfriend only to get back with an ex. (i have done that before)

Old 02-14-2010, 10:24 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Probably. Wiil I? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2010, 10:43 PM

109 posts, read 202,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Probably. Wiil I? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And why such an emphatic *NO* Mr. Sizzle?

Old 02-15-2010, 04:22 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,017 times
Nope Nopidy doo ..never will not in a million eeeeeears .. ''NO'' no and that means Hell No lol ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships