Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I take this as a bad omen. There's no good reason why she waits. Either she's unsure of her interest = I don't want any part of. Or she thinks this is "how to play the online dating game, rule is 3 days" garbage which = I don't want any part of. I've had enough bad experiences to read red flags, and I'm think of just shutting the door on this girl, despite my high interest and what I "think" is a good conneciton.

Is this worth dealing with? Would it be a bad move to just ignore/block her and move on?
For Pete's sake!
She can also be:
- busy
- sick
- having family issues
- in a bad mood
- etc., etc. things that have nothing to do with YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 03:35 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
Ep- wrote:
Quote:
dating sites dont have spam boxes
The dating site that I belong to sends me an email advising me when there's been any activity but for some reason my email service puts it into the junk mail category and it took me awhile before I noticed that. As far as the OP is concerned it's always possible that the woman he sent the email to has been busy with work or had something unexpected come up. I don't think you should expect someone to be sitting in front of their computer just waiting for an email from their dating site so they can respond to it within 60 seconds. If she doesn't respond to it then just move on but I can't see it as something to get worked up about because many people have busy schedules so if they are going to respond it might take a little longer. No big deal.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:50 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i gave a girl my number a week and a half ago and she just texted me last night. i dont even really remember anything about her at this point. not texting or calling back!
Lol, yeah. It just becomes awkward at that point.

In my case, had she been able to hold a brief continuous conversation, it would have been alright. I don't like talking or texting anyway. But it was just bizarre and all too obvious that she would wait for the sake of not wanting to look overzealous.

If I was in a meeting and didn't text back right away, she wouldn't text till the next day because of that. It's a sign of maturity.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:44 PM

109 posts, read 202,694 times
I was emailing a guy from an OLD site over the last week. We had a great initial IM conversation and he asked for my personal email so we could take it off OLD. That was fine with me and he sent me an email right away, just saying he enjoyed the IM conversation.

He emailed me two days after that talking about his week and asking about mine. I responded right away and then he waited another two days to respond. Again, I responded right away and he waited another two days to email back.

Of course I got the *inkling* that he wasn't too anxious to talk on the phone or meet up, so I figured 'why bother' to make any effort? I didn't respond for another two days. He noticed that I was off the OLD site and sent another email the next day asking why he didn't see my profile on the site anymore. (I did a free trial on a whim)
I responded to both new email the following day (according to his two day rule...). Suddenly I get a message through the OLD site saying that he didn't think we were a match...WEIRD!!! But from the start of the email correspondence I felt like he was lukewarm even though we had alot in common. That's dating on OLD..par for the course.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:19 PM

557 posts, read 1,353,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishka View Post
I was emailing a guy from an OLD site over the last week. We had a great initial IM conversation and he asked for my personal email so we could take it off OLD. That was fine with me and he sent me an email right away, just saying he enjoyed the IM conversation.

He emailed me two days after that talking about his week and asking about mine. I responded right away and then he waited another two days to respond. Again, I responded right away and he waited another two days to email back.

Of course I got the *inkling* that he wasn't too anxious to talk on the phone or meet up, so I figured 'why bother' to make any effort? I didn't respond for another two days. He noticed that I was off the OLD site and sent another email the next day asking why he didn't see my profile on the site anymore. (I did a free trial on a whim)
I responded to both new email the following day (according to his two day rule...). Suddenly I get a message through the OLD site saying that he didn't think we were a match...WEIRD!!! But from the start of the email correspondence I felt like he was lukewarm even though we had alot in common. That's dating on OLD..par for the course.
I think it comes down to both sides not wanting to scare the other away. Usually it ends up both sides are so apprehensive as to not creepign the other out in some way, that it doesn't work out. Just from my exp

Old 02-16-2010, 08:44 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
For Pete's sake!
She can also be:
- busy
- sick
- having family issues
- in a bad mood
- etc., etc. things that have nothing to do with YOU!
Oh man you took the words out of my mouth!!!! Seriously guys, you need to get a LIFE!! To the OP, you have emailed her a "couple of times" you said. Helloooo??? And for THAT, she is supposed to drop everything and email you back immediately???? Have some respect, dude. Not everyone is sitting at the keyboard waiting for an email.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriInNH View Post
I think it comes down to both sides not wanting to scare the other away. Usually it ends up both sides are so apprehensive as to not creepign the other out in some way, that it doesn't work out. Just from my exp
i hate when this happens! being a random fellow myself a lot of times ill just call a girl up in the morning and say "hey im going to do this today, want to tag along?". i dont plan stuff all the times - sometimes i just wake up and have an idea. leads to lots of cool adventures! if shes the type of girl that is going to ignore the call and then call me back the next day because she is pretending to be busy then she's just missed out and doing something fun. thats why i ignore all the rules about waiting and usually drop girls that are super into them

Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh man you took the words out of my mouth!!!! Seriously guys, you need to get a LIFE!! To the OP, you have emailed her a "couple of times" you said. Helloooo??? And for THAT, she is supposed to drop everything and email you back immediately???? Have some respect, dude. Not everyone is sitting at the keyboard waiting for an email.
meh she read it and im sure she had time within 4 days. she prob just wasnt digging our friend here that much. i always just write what pops into my head because life doesnt let you plan out every word. i can normally write a decent message in 1-2 minutes so its not like its super time consuming. dont let the fact that i sound like a retard when i post here fool you!

Old 02-16-2010, 09:12 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriInNH View Post
This is so true. People would do so much better to just say what they mean, when they want to say it. Everyone would get along much more nicely doing that rather than trying to anticipate what someone else is expecting.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:16 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That's the problem. With the exception of the last 3 months because of f'ing work, I've got a life. I do not have the time nor patience to play the little "tag, you're it" games with some girl becuase she feels it's today's dating etiquette.

Nope, not doing it. If she can't hold a simple conversation for at least a few minutes, see ya! If I had no options, I would be more tolerant. But I have the luxury of having options, so I won't. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships