Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 03:36 PM

181 posts, read 192,336 times

Advertisements

I need some help and advice. I am really lost. I have been seeing this guy for 4-5 months. We started casual but I started developing feelings soon and I talked to him about it. Based on his behavior, he started slowly modifying things to make me part of his life. Now, in the mean time, I have been warned before that he has had a reputation. He also kept an active OKC profile the entire time I was with him. It was fine with me, as I also had my profile up but was not using it as much. Throughout our courtship, he did have a behavior of someone who is dating around. It did not bother me as I had the same options - to date around. Over the summer, he traveled extensively, both times claiming that he was doing solo trips - one to Asia and the other to attend his friend's wedding. He never invited me to these trips and when suggested, he said that his friend's wedding is very small and guests have not been invited.

Come this Sunday, I normally go to this 11 am yoga class. I got there 20 minutes early, parked the car and decided to walk around a bit in that neighborhood, as the weather was great in SF. Two seconds into my walk, I bumped into him and this woman. I could not believe my eyes . They were walking like a loving couple that spend Saturday night together and went for a Sunday brunch. I said hi, introduced myself. He started rushing away, like they had to go. I asked the woman whether she was his girlfriend. She said with a funny laugh "I certainly hope so..." Sounded like what else can it be. Anyways long story short, I confronted to her that we have been seeing each other and that he never revealed that there was a serious relationship. Turns out they traveled together, they went to his friend's wedding together. I felt lost and betrayed. He emailed me later and said that I am a psycho woman who made a scene in the street. Perhaps I should have acted differently, perhaps I should have acted "cool" and walked away. I feel so lost. She knows about me now. She had NO IDEA that he was seeing other women and also no idea about the OKC. Did I overreact? Perhaps this was another woman he was seeing but in more serious terms but still casual? Perhaps I should have kept my cool? Please advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 03:40 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
I'm not sure what advice you're seeking. He's a player and a cheat, you caught him, end of story, move on. Yeah it hurts but it's better than marrying him and then finding out. I'm sorry though, it's a crappy situation for you.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:43 PM

Did I acted appropriately by letting her know right there on the spot? He was so upset at me, he looked at me with a face that was screaming rage...

Old 09-29-2014, 03:44 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
I love how he cheats and you're the "psycho woman."

Of course he was angry. He just got caught doing something wrong. If the other woman is smart, she'll get rid of him.

He's an ahole. Don't waste any more time on him.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:46 PM

He actually told me that I am a sociopath in need of therapy and medication....lol

Old 09-29-2014, 03:48 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
He actually told me that I am a sociopath in need of therapy and medication....lol
Which means that he is the sociopath.

Don't waste any more energy on him. Seriously. Hell, move on to the next thread.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:49 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,887 times
Your actions were not unreasonable at all, you had every reason to be upset. Consider yourself lucky you never married. It would serve that idiot right if the other woman dumped him.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:52 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
He's an ******* and you just had the misfortune of crossing his path.

I can bet after his relationship with this other woman ends, he'll be back in your inbox trying to hook up in the future.

Move on. He's a jerk trying to have his cake and eat it too. I really don't get why folks STILL continue to play the field and try to have a relationship as well. It's beyond greedy.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:53 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,148 times
Yes, you behaved inappropriately.

It was a casual relationship from the beginning. You were not dating him exclusively; there was no question about that. Maybe you were in denial about the status of your relationship, but live and learn.

My advice: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. That is, if you can't handle casual sex outside of exclusivity, then stop doing it.

I think you owe him an apology. The fact is, who he spends time with when he isn't with you is not your business. In my opinion, he wasn't "cheating" because there was no exclusive relationship.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:54 PM

Ok, he is also turning 50 next year, so this is not someone young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships