Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:36 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladykins View Post
Advice? Thanks!
Run, do not walk, to the nearest exit.

This guy is living in a fantasy land. Whether it's driven by lackanookie, being in love with love, or infatuation he is not smart enough to recognize as such, something is emotionally off.

Honestly? That would creep me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

28 posts, read 36,525 times
Wealthy men may have an easier time attracting mates? Especially if they're smart and attractive too? Therefore less likely to try such low tactics?

1,643 posts, read 4,434,568 times
Quote:
Thanks for the comments so far!

This is a guy ANY woman would love to date - very successful! Why would a guy like that stoop that low?

Also my best friends said she told her now husband of 10 years that she loved him on their 2nd date - does that change anything?
Just because a guy has a lot of money doesnt mean he cant be a creep/weirdo.

I think there is a huge misconception with a lot of women that good looking/ successful = perfect, ugly or normal/poor= a creep.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:37 PM

I actually think him having money is part of what is making me more skeptical.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:39 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,524,763 times
Quote:
True true. He could have everything and still stoop low to try and get some action. I guess I like to think I'm a good judge of character. I guess I'll let you all know what happens next!!
Good luck and bring some pepper spray. Or at the very least, make sure you're on birth control.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:08 PM

687 posts, read 2,128,262 times
Quote:
I actually think him having money is part of what is making me more skeptical.
I agree with the other posters. Something's off. Take it slow.

How do you know that he is wealthy? there are many ways to fake it, and pathological liars and psychopaths often do. Lots of stories in the news about men like this, after they've done terrible things.

Personally, I like people that DON'T flash their wealth, because they're secure and confident, and they also don't want to attract the kind of mates/friends that are interested only in their money.

Of course, there is the possibility that your beauty and magnetic personality overwhelmed him, and over-rode all his sensors

Old 03-14-2010, 10:13 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Thanks for the comments so far!

This is a guy ANY woman would love to date - very successful! Why would a guy like that stoop that low?

Also my best friends said she told her now husband of 10 years that she loved him on their 2nd date - does that change anything?
Well, just be cautious. Maybe this guy IS totally smitten with you and expressing it. Be wary, but do give him few more dates and see what happens.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:31 PM

I saw his house and car.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:43 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,329 times
Your values are screwed up. You would be safer in the dating world if you understood the difference between trustworthy and rich. It's frightening to read your posts because you are a sitting duck for this or any guy who uses money as a lure. Money does not come with morality. It's like sunlight--it just is. It's neither good or evil.

As for his comments, he's in a fantasy world and will get quite dismissive or nasty when you dissapoint him by being human. Or he's playing you for one thing or another. He doesn't know you well enough to be in love.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:45 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Quote:
So, I am a 35 year old successful, intelligent, attractive female. I have not had trouble finding people to date and have had an 8 year relationship that included an engagement that eventually I decided to end. So, I had a brief year old relationship after that which ended a few months ago and I am ready to date again. I have to say, I feel like I am in the best place I have ever been in my life - great friends, great job, in great physical shape, own my own house, happy with myself etc..

So, I went on a first date last night with a very successful, cute, funny, and nice man. He was very complementary - "you're very attractive," "I can't believe how attracted I am to you," "I don't feel like I can look at you for very long - it's too intense." Again, I am highly educated, have dated a lot of people. He even said "I don't know what's wrong with me, I think I'm falling in love with you."

Have any of you had this experience and it led to a relationship that lasted? I want to believe it because he seeems like the perfect man!!!! Advice? Thanks!
He's bullsh-itting you. Don't open your legs or your heart for that one unless you want crash and burn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships