Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 08:31 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,984,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Maybe he lives in the ghetto. He's probably one of those guys that slowly jaywalks right in front of a moving car, daring you to hit him.
I saw a guy get beat soundly over doing that.
The two guys in the car jumped out and wailed on him.
He was screaming for help and the proprietors of a close by neighborhood store
told him it served him right.

I cracked up laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 11:30 AM

1,318 posts, read 3,556,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If something is 2 for $20, don't bait and switch me by saying, "...but if you only buy one, it's $15". If something is 2 for $20, then I should be able to buy ONE for $10. Simple math.
You should totally call Safeway up and tell them that. They are based in Pleasanton, CA 1-877-723-3929. I would love not to have to buy 6 (that's right SIX) 2L bottles of soda, so I can get the discount price.

But I'm guessing it is not enough for you to want to hit them if you go to the Safeway to buy soda.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,593,219 times
Quote:
I often find myself restraining myself from saying what I would like to, or keeping myself from hitting someone in times of stress.

People, in person, are just annoying to me so often. I'm not sure that this is an "introversion" thing. I think it might be something else. It seems that people are either stupid, or getting in the way of me doing what I'm trying to do. People ask me "dumb" questions or they literally stand in the way of what I'm trying to do.

An example from last night: we sort our freight in outside garden, and I had a pallet that we weren't going to have to deal with, because it belonged out there anyway. I went to put it down one aisle, and another employee said that they were working down there. I asked about another aisle, and she claimed they were working down there also [with a machine, so they needed driving room]. I went to put it where it would be "out of the way" and she complained that it would be in the way of customers. There wasn't anyone out there at the time, and we closed in half an hour. We've been doing this for the past few months this way, and there haven't been any problems so far.

Other times, we'll be trying to get down main aisles and we'll have customers stand RIGHT in the middle of the aisle, with their shopping carts, so that we have to go another way to get around them. We stay open later on Fridays, but we come in the same time, so on Fridays there are some customers in the store when we're trying to work. "Our" job is not customer service oriented, and it's annoying to deal with customers when it isn't a part of our job. If that was the job we sought, then we really couldn't complain about that part of it [although they can still ask dumb questions]. But I get annoyed, and I really want to hit people sometimes. I just don't usually do it.
If it was legal would you do it?

It sounds to me like you work for a grocery store or some kind of big box store, I know how you feel believe me

I work for a grocery store myself and deal with customers who have 2 digit IQ's and 6 digit incomes ALL the time. It drives me crazy, if I could get into the stock department I would, but I can't. I've perfected my customer service skills to a point where no matter how people might tick me off I can simply smile and say "have a nice day" when deep down i'm thinking "go to hell you dumb ass"

I also have moments on my commute to work, or just any time driving, there are a LOT of godawful drivers where I live. And I have moments where wen I get to the next red light, I want to pull them out of their car and strangle them for doing whatever stupid move it was they made (usually darting across the road from the farthest left lane to make a right turn)

But I don't, I know it's not worth going to jail over for something like that

We just have to find ways to channel our anger elsewhere. One thing I like to do if I am having a particularly rough day I will go to my car, and turn up the radio and scream at the top of my lungs for a moment.

That seems to help me

Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,389,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Maybe he lives in the ghetto. He's probably one of those guys that slowly jaywalks right in front of a moving car, daring you to hit him.
and? sorry, but human society is a case of people screwing you over.

Look, say you go into the shopping mall today. why should anybody refrain from punching you as hard they can?

Old 03-27-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

It sounds to me like you work for a grocery store or some kind of big box store, I know how you feel believe me

I work for a grocery store myself and deal with customers who have 2 digit IQ's and 6 digit incomes ALL the time. It drives me crazy, if I could get into the stock department I would, but I can't. I've perfected my customer service skills to a point where no matter how people might tick me off I can simply smile and say "have a nice day" when deep down i'm thinking "go to hell you dumb ass"

I also have moments on my commute to work, or just any time driving, there are a LOT of godawful drivers where I live. And I have moments where wen I get to the next red light, I want to pull them out of their car and strangle them for doing whatever stupid move it was they made (usually darting across the road from the farthest left lane to make a right turn)

We just have to find ways to channel our anger elsewhere. One thing I like to do if I am having a particularly rough day I will go to my car, and turn up the radio and scream at the top of my lungs for a moment.

That seems to help me
if people whom you don't know cutting you off in traffic pisses you off, you must be an emotional weakling.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:21 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,636,202 times
samston wrote:
Quote:
Look, say you go into the shopping mall today. why should anybody refrain from punching you as hard they can?
Because assault is a felony and you can be sent to prison for it.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
samston wrote:

Because assault is a felony and you can be sent to prison for it.
it still doesn't matter. they have no loyalty to you, do they?

live your own life and let others "hurt you" if they choose.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:11 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,579,952 times
Quote:
I often find myself restraining myself from saying what I would like to, or keeping myself from hitting someone in times of stress.

People, in person, are just annoying to me so often. I'm not sure that this is an "introversion" thing. I think it might be something else. It seems that people are either stupid, or getting in the way of me doing what I'm trying to do. People ask me "dumb" questions or they literally stand in the way of what I'm trying to do.

An example from last night: we sort our freight in outside garden, and I had a pallet that we weren't going to have to deal with, because it belonged out there anyway. I went to put it down one aisle, and another employee said that they were working down there. I asked about another aisle, and she claimed they were working down there also [with a machine, so they needed driving room]. I went to put it where it would be "out of the way" and she complained that it would be in the way of customers. There wasn't anyone out there at the time, and we closed in half an hour. We've been doing this for the past few months this way, and there haven't been any problems so far.

Other times, we'll be trying to get down main aisles and we'll have customers stand RIGHT in the middle of the aisle, with their shopping carts, so that we have to go another way to get around them. We stay open later on Fridays, but we come in the same time, so on Fridays there are some customers in the store when we're trying to work. "Our" job is not customer service oriented, and it's annoying to deal with customers when it isn't a part of our job. If that was the job we sought, then we really couldn't complain about that part of it [although they can still ask dumb questions]. But I get annoyed, and I really want to hit people sometimes. I just don't usually do it.
Feel your pain, feel your pain; my job is customer oriented in which I provide technical service to approx 300 customers. After 4 years, most of my service calls are for the same issues with basically the same customers. It's like having 300 perpetual 5 yr olds that you have to repeat the same thing over & over. I can literally put on one hand the total number of customers that take the initiative to exhaust all options before they call for service. They are my favorites and I enjoy passing helpful hints along because I know they will apply them.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:30 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,695,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

That seems to help me
Last night, we stay open later. A customer came up to me and asked for assistance cutting hose. I went to the service desk TWICE and asked for someone to help this customer in plumbing before going to do it myself. The second time, I was basically asked "Why?"

Well, because I don't carry a tape measure to measure the hose, like the floor associates do, nor a tool to cut the hose--which luckily I found up in the racking near some other hose, or a "cut ticket" to indicate the sku and quantity cut.

I estimated 16 feet, cut it with the tool I found, and wrote the info on one side of the hose, so it could be priced. Hope I estimated the distance pretty good--if I didn't, then it isn't my fault, they should have sent someone over whose JOB it was to do it.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:35 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,695,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal2007 View Post
You should totally call Safeway up and tell them that. They are based in Pleasanton, CA 1-877-723-3929. I would love not to have to buy 6 (that's right SIX) 2L bottles of soda, so I can get the discount price.

But I'm guessing it is not enough for you to want to hit them if you go to the Safeway to buy soda.
If I shopped at any store that did, you can be sure I'd write a letter of complaint. If the soda is 6 for $6, then each one is $1--anything more than that is deceptive. The stores I have shopped in do not do things that way. In fact, buy one get one free means that you buy two, then get a reduction from your total for the price of one. The second still counts as a purchase. So if your coupon says buy two and get a dollar off, and it's already on sale buy one, get one free, you get one free and the second for a dollar cheaper. Awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships