Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 06:44 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times

Advertisements

A resounding....YES!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 06:49 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
What's wrong with me, that I never have the urge to hit anyone? Is there anything like the opposite of anger management courses, where I can learn to develop aggressive and violent anger?

Old 03-20-2010, 06:49 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
That was one of the great things about being 5 years old. If someone ticked you off you slugged him in the face. The worst that happened was you got grounded.

Sometimes I wish we could handle our problems like 5 year olds and then get told to sit in the corner. I'd be punching someone in the face at least once a day.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:50 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
What's wrong with me, that I never have the urge to hit anyone? Is there anything like the opposite of anger management courses, where I can learn to develop aggressive and violent anger?
I'm telling you, if you hang out with my MIL or SIL's you will have an overwhelming urge to partake in a smackdown

Old 03-20-2010, 06:50 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
That was one of the great things about being 5 years old. If someone ticked you off you slugged him in the face. The worst that happened was you got grounded.

Sometimes I wish we could handle our problems like 5 year olds and then get told to sit in the corner. I'd be punching someone in the face at least once a day.
I agree, now all of the legal crap gets in the way of a good throttling.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:03 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
There are times when I want to beat the crap out of someone. Don't let my size fool you.
Unfortunately, I just have to settle on killing them with a glance.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:14 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,942 times
Default Of course

In my younger days that's exactly how I dealt with matters. Even more, I am big enough to intimidate most to shut up. But, someone did get the best of me, he did not beat me up per se but he definitely got the best of me because I was protection mode the whole time, only a matter of time.

That was the best lesson I have ever learned, valuable. I still view that day as a milestone for change. I realized, I cannot beat everyone up, I am not King Kong. So I started using mental warfare. To date, if someone gets under my skin, I talk care of business the safe way through mental warfare. My long winded answer, don't fight, or even get angry but rather get even through mental warfare.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:17 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
No, but I would love to have a mute button for some people!

Old 03-20-2010, 07:38 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
I would have to have a device on my car that will allow me to get in under the slow poke driver and flip them over my car and out of the way.

Too much?

Okay I'll just continue research to find a loophole that allows you to punch idiots.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:45 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I often find myself restraining myself from saying what I would like to, or keeping myself from hitting someone in times of stress.

People, in person, are just annoying to me so often. I'm not sure that this is an "introversion" thing. I think it might be something else. It seems that people are either stupid, or getting in the way of me doing what I'm trying to do. People ask me "dumb" questions or they literally stand in the way of what I'm trying to do.

An example from last night: we sort our freight in outside garden, and I had a pallet that we weren't going to have to deal with, because it belonged out there anyway. I went to put it down one aisle, and another employee said that they were working down there. I asked about another aisle, and she claimed they were working down there also [with a machine, so they needed driving room]. I went to put it where it would be "out of the way" and she complained that it would be in the way of customers. There wasn't anyone out there at the time, and we closed in half an hour. We've been doing this for the past few months this way, and there haven't been any problems so far.

Other times, we'll be trying to get down main aisles and we'll have customers stand RIGHT in the middle of the aisle, with their shopping carts, so that we have to go another way to get around them. We stay open later on Fridays, but we come in the same time, so on Fridays there are some customers in the store when we're trying to work. "Our" job is not customer service oriented, and it's annoying to deal with customers when it isn't a part of our job. If that was the job we sought, then we really couldn't complain about that part of it [although they can still ask dumb questions]. But I get annoyed, and I really want to hit people sometimes. I just don't usually do it.
Hmm, yea people get on my nerves but I guess we all get bothered by people in different ways. I for one am not bothered much with people in day to day life. What DOES bother me is people behind computer screens, who because of that, get courage all of the sudden to talk to you in a way that they normally wouldn't if you were face to face.

For example, ever see all the arguing on the youtube comments? It's like who are these people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships