Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 AM

201 posts, read 648,635 times

Advertisements

My situation has been going on for several years now. For some reason, as far as looks are concerned, I continue to attract people I am not attracted to in return. I have been single for about 2 years because I keep attracting the big type of woman. I moved to a small town about a year ago from Los Angeles and ever since I got here I have been bombarded by nothing but over-weight women that I am not attracted to and this very thing happened in LA too. Not only are they big, but most of them are untillegent and lazy. I do not mean to sound rude or judgmental, but I am young still and want to explore all aspects of life, but somehow these big girls keep getting in the way. It starts as friends and I am in a new town so I do need to make friends, but then they become obsessive and overbearing. This also ends terribly because they get very offended that I am not attracted to them back. Part of me believes that I attract them for the sole reason that I am not interested. For example, if I wasnt interested in attractive women i'm sure they would be more interested in me. It must be in my attitude. But, since big is what I dont like, big is what I get. Whenever I am around an attractive woman I turn into the nice guy who lacks confidence and fishes for compliments and signs of hope. Perhaps I am desperate looking to them, but I feel if i dont try i wont get anywhere. To me, there is a thin line with acting confident and not caring at all. I am very interested in getting the forums opinion as to why i could care less about "big girls" and that's what shows interest and why the one's i am interested in throw me into the friend zone. Anyone else experience this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 08:26 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelBrock77 View Post
I am very interested in getting the forums opinion as to why i could care less about "big girls" and that's what shows interest and why the one's i am interested in throw me into the friend zone.
it sounds like natural selection is at work here. you are sending the signal that something with you is defective.

>>Whenever I am around an attractive woman I turn into the nice guy who lacks confidence and fishes for compliments and signs of hope.

Last edited by le roi; 03-22-2010 at 08:37 AM..

Old 03-22-2010, 08:31 AM

239 posts, read 596,175 times
First, don't ever let yourself feel guilty for not being attracted to big girls. Everyone is attracted to different things: gay,straight,bi,white,black, thin, average,big...the list goes on and on.

I don't really know what advice to give you, except try to be more confident when you're around women you ARE attracted to. Eventually, you should meet the right one.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it sounds like natural selection is at work here. you are sending the signal that something with you is defective.

Whenever I am around an attractive woman I turn into the nice guy who lacks confidence and fishes for compliments and signs of hope.
Yes, it sounds like you bring out the confidence, and feel comfortable around women who you are not attracted to, but clam up around women who you are interested in.
I say work on your self confidence! Good luck!!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,770 times
yep I agree with creativeguy. Around girls you aren't attracted to you're clam and cool, which is attractive to women. Try to be calm and natural when around women you are attracted to. Seriously, work on it. That's the key to your success!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:38 AM

201 posts, read 648,635 times
All of this is true.. and thanks for all of the help. Now, i just have to work on relaxing around women I like. It's difficult because I feel if i realx too much they will think I am not interested... Jeeez, what we go through for a pretty face. Lol.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:38 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
While I applaud your willingness to be friends with "big women", perhaps at this point you be keeping them at a distance as purely casual acquaintances. Instead, work on only having male friends and also friendships with women that are married or in a relationship. And also focus on friendships with people you feel are equal in intelligence to you.

I think what is happening is that your gal pals are seeing that you are single, so naturally if they are also single, they would eventually try to see if you might consider a romance with them. Otherwise, I am wondering why on earth you would be hanging around and being friends with "big women" that you consider to be unintelligent and lazy... are you that disparate for company?

Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
Hey! Send them my way. There's nothing like a bigger gal's asset.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:20 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Love da big girls.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:06 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelBrock77 View Post
I moved to a small town about a year ago from Los Angeles and ever since I got here I have been bombarded by nothing but over-weight women that I am not attracted to and this very thing happened in LA too. Not only are they big, but most of them are untillegent and lazy. I do not mean to sound rude or judgmental, but I am young still and want to explore all aspects of life, but somehow these big girls keep getting in the way. It starts as friends and I am in a new town so I do need to make friends, but then they become obsessive and overbearing.
You could report them to the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships