Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 04:28 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
^ how much time indeed?
I just don't know. Give it time to see if he really makes an effort, it's been 2 weeks of him supposedly really thinking about his actions and if he can do the things he (or anyone) should do to have a healthy trusting relationship and now 3 days of reconciliation and no change. Maybe I shouldn't wait any longer.

I just don't know. And since I don't know I'll probably wait a little longer :-/ grrr

This sucks.
I just posted something similar to this in another thread earlier today.

I lived with someone for several years and we had issues and one of them was he didn't come home one night - so he not only hurt me he humiliated me in front of all our friends which were also our neighbors. That was only one issue of many. So, I took a vacation - alone - to give him some time and space to think about what he wanted and whether this was working or not for him. When I got home we talked calmly and rationally, he wanted to continue the relationship, but I was very explicit about what I needed and what changes I wanted to see and I said I would give it a month...and a month later I moved out. So, it's not unreasonable to set a time limit on things before you continue to waste more time and energy into something when out there is someone else who wants to reciprocate that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 04:36 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Wait a minute....aren't you the one who found texts and nude pictures from other men to your BF on his phone?

He is gay, on the down-low, or whatever, but you need to get rid of him.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:40 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Wait a minute....aren't you the one who found texts and nude pictures from other men to your BF on his phone?

He is gay, on the down-low, or whatever, but you need to get rid of him.
Oh Man! You're right. Argh!

Old 03-23-2010, 05:09 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
The op is also a guy, much younger than his bf.

To the op I say, your only move right now is to dump him. If it's meant to be, he will come crawling back begging for another chance. If not, he won't be back and then you can move on sooner rather than later. Dump him and move on.. You'll probably soon discover you can do a lot better.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:11 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
The op is also a guy, much younger than his bf.

To the op I say, your only move right now is to dump him. If it's meant to be, he will come crawling back begging for another chance. If not, he won't be back and then you can move on sooner rather than later. Dump him and move on.. You'll probably soon discover you can do a lot better.
Oh i didn't remember that part. LOL. At any rate, he's a cheater and you know what they say.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:22 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

I lived with someone for several years and we had issues and one of them was he didn't come home one night - so he not only hurt me he humiliated me in front of all our friends which were also our neighbors. That was only one issue of many. So, I took a vacation - alone - to give him some time and space to think about what he wanted and whether this was working or not for him. When I got home we talked calmly and rationally, he wanted to continue the relationship, but I was very explicit about what I needed and what changes I wanted to see and I said I would give it a month...and a month later I moved out. So, it's not unreasonable to set a time limit on things before you continue to waste more time and energy into something when out there is someone else who wants to reciprocate that.
Well said! But, recuerdeme, if you don't see any positive change then take heed, move on and don't hang around being a masochist! I prefer not to be judgmental but from your previous thread on this relationship it sounds as though this chap knows which buttons to push where you're concerned and is quite the player. Good luck!

Old 03-24-2010, 08:23 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

I think setting a time frame sounds like an excellent idea. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but maybe the old dog might change his ways???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Well that's part of the problem we separated and he did come back but he came back empty handed so to speak with nothing new or better to offer to make up for his wrong deeds and just to make the relationship better. But if we were to separate again it would be for good. And it could be soon.

I think I'll do the month of just observing and of course enjoying the relationship (if I can) and see if things get better.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:26 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
I think setting a time frame sounds like an excellent idea. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but maybe the old dog might change his ways???

Well that's part of the problem we separated and he did come back but he came back empty handed so to speak with nothing new or better to offer to make up for his wrong deeds and just to make the relationship better. But if we were to separate again it would be for good. And it could be soon.

I think I'll do the month of just observing and of course enjoying the relationship (if I can) and see if things get better.
Sounds to me like you have your answer. Dump him and move on with your life.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:47 AM

404 posts, read 701,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
He's just not that into you.
Wow, the very first answer and you basically nailed it. Good job.

To the OP: Yes, I know it's sad and it's not what you want to hear. But this is the most likely explanation for his behavior. Move on, it will be the best for you.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:54 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,549 times
To the OP: This is the time that he should want to do anything to keep you in his life.. If he's not doing that its because you dont mean that much to him... Basically

HE'S NOT THAT INTO YOU!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships