Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
You can be angry and outraged all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that this is the mentality of some people. I'm not making excuses for them or cheering them on, I'm just saying that people cheat for all sorts of reasons, most of them selfish, but I don't see how it's worth getting all steamed up over it on an internet forum. Didn't we have this discussion yesterday?

It's always the ones who have not gotten over being cheated on themselves that harbor the most anger over some douchebag celebrity who cheats. I could care less what these people do or why they do it.
Are you trying to imply that I've been cheated on? I hope not, but if you are, you'd be wrong.

I have, however, seen what it does to families--not just the spouse, but the kids and the extended family if they're close--and that is why I have no respect for it or the people who do it. I feel particularly bad for kids of public figures who cheat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Hey its fun to speculate and gossip online... I'm entertained by it just as much as the next guy. But at the end of the day, its none of your business. None whatsoever.

You may want to see a bit of payback to keep the world just in your eyes, but payback isn't owed to you.
No need to make this about me, Onglet. I'm not the one getting paid back, or desiring payback. I am saying that when people cheat, I feel no sympathy for them when they pay the price for it. They deserve it. And yes, I am allowed to make that call.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Again, where did she say she was supporting it or making excuses for their behavior, just passing on a dose of reality as to how some people think.

Whever a cheating thread pops up the same angry CD villagers come out with their torches and pitchforks looking to hang someone from the highest tree. Most times reading into other people's posts seeing something that isn't there. I didn't see where anyone said that cheating was good and highly encouraged.
She said A. I said B. She said C. I said D. It's a progression, not an argument. I did not say anyone said that cheating was good.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Are you trying to imply that I've been cheated on? I hope not, but if you are, you'd be wrong.

I have, however, seen what it does to families--not just the spouse, but the kids and the extended family if they're close--and that is why I have no respect for it or the people who do it. I feel particularly bad for kids of public figures who cheat.
It's great you're so passionate about kids and families of cheaters, but seriously, there are millions of injustices in the world, does it really pay to internalize other people's problems and get angry over them?

I'm not implying about you in particular, but generally speaking, folks who have either been cheated on and haven't gotten over it tend to come running from the hillsides with their hair on fire anytime a cheating thread pops up. It's either that or they've led some sheltered lives and can't put a proper perspective on things. Just a personal observation I've made...that and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee, so try not to let my opinion or insight get under your skin too deep. Seriously, why let others have so much power over you that they can make you so angry over something that does not directly concern you?

Old 03-25-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
She said A. I said B. She said C. I said D. It's a progression, not an argument. I did not say anyone said that cheating was good.

Stop putting words in my mouth.
Go back and check the tone of your posts, it may not be an argument, but you're definitely showing some misguided anger over this issue. No one's putting words in your mouth, stop implying that we are all OK with cheating just because we don't put up white hot protests over other people's actions.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:11 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
The way people talk about cheating you would think it was the worst biggest most inhumane crime in the history of mankind. Cheating is bad, but ffs I hate all these morally outraged people who mouth off every time some nobody celeb cheat on their spouse.

My brother has been cheated on, family torn apart, kids hurt etc. So I know the implications it can have, but have some perspective for Gods sake.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
It's great you're so passionate about kids and families of cheaters, but seriously, there are millions of injustices in the world, does it really pay to internalize other people's problems and get angry over them?

I'm not implying about you in particular, but generally speaking, folks who have either been cheated on and haven't gotten over it tend to come running from the hillsides with their hair on fire anytime a cheating thread pops up. It's either that or they've led some sheltered lives and can't put a proper perspective on things. Just a personal observation I've made...that and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee, so try not to let my opinion or insight get under your skin too deep. Seriously, why let others have so much power over you that they can make you so angry over something that does not directly concern you?
Well, aren't we the presumptuous one today?

Don't flatter yourself.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Well, aren't we the presumptuous one today?

Don't flatter yourself.
Presumptuous...hardly, you went into near meltdown mode merely because of a difference in perspective.

Hey Avienne, it's time to be angry...every 18 seconds someone in the world cheats on their spouse, let the countdown begin.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:19 PM

622 posts, read 1,279,970 times
Its not a big mystery. I mean really. My God. Because they get tired of doing the same chick. As Donnie Baker says... " hey I love Funyuns, but some days I get a craving for Hot Fries". Not sayin its right cuz its not. But its the truth.

And maybe they are just peices of sh*t. Maybe they hate their sorry a$$ wives. Its not rocket science.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:20 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
I would agree that cheating is not the only capital offense in marriage. Fidelity is one of those promises. Certainly some will make excuses such as being late for dinner twice in a row means I can do the neighbor.

It seems that some people have decoupled the concept of performance with fidelity. For example, emotional cruelty and enforced abstinence for a year is considered a "problem" while a person cheating after that point is considered the bigger offense.

We simply don't know the context, but fidelity is not the sole item to be held sacred in marriage. We really don't know unless we have a particular case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships