Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 11:47 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,806,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Yeah, actually Clinton was a poor example, most of his mistresses were way more attractive than Hillary, and less shrill as well.

Some guys just get tired of eating Filet Mignon every day, every so often they want a burger or sloppy joe.
I understand, Coolhand.

How about a woman tired of her "mini" frank every day. She just wants a good ole hot half smoke.

Same thing, right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 11:49 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,409,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
If we "all" know that cheating is wrong, then why are there comments implying it's the spouse's fault?
Because it is very well could be the spouse's fault.

Doesn't make it right, but there are tons of situations in which the spouse has pushed their SO towards cheating.

Of course, come back to me with a cliche: then they should get a divorce.

It's not always that simple.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I agree, I mean come on already, we all know that cheating is wrong. Tell us what else is new?
That's why there are hundreds and hundreds of people looking at this thread but not replying because of all this cliche judgement.

There could be a lot of reasons why people cheat.
I totally agree, mama. People cheat, because they want to. I know/talk to cheating men. They do it, because they can. Nothing is wrong at home. Wife is good. Children are well. He's just in the street.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I understand, Coolhand.

How about a woman tired of her "mini" frank every day. She just wants a good ole hot half smoke.

Same thing, right!

I think he applied this to both, men and women. Let's not get into gender fights now.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:59 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,292,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I think it's pretty clear ....
You can think what you want. That doesn't make you correct.

If you would, show me where I said that I am entitled to payback for some celebrity cheater's actions.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:04 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,697,631 times
Quote:
I agree, I mean come on already, we all know that cheating is wrong. Tell us what else is new?
That's why there are hundreds and hundreds of people looking at this thread but not replying because of all this cliche judgement.

There could be a lot of reasons why people cheat.
My guess is that men who cheat aren't like the examples given by the OP. I'm guessing that the average cheater doesn't have a string of hookups in his past, just an occasional slip. Yeah there are some guys who just like to get some strange when they can, but I bet that's just one type.

If I were a screenwriter, this is what I would write about as a typical yet unusual cheat episode:

You wake up, living a "regular" life with your wife and family. The two of you have a big financial obstacle, as everyone does from time to time. Its starting to take its toll as you go back and forth about it for a while. You feel a little inadequate, thinking that if you only made a little more money this would not be a problem. You keeps this feeling to himself, but abruptly change the topic anytime your wife brings it up. This of course angers her a bit, because she doesn't understand that you feel inadequate. She just thinks you are being an unfeeling jerk, yet again.

She offhandedly (maybe) says over breakfast, "I just read an article in the paper about Robert Hahn. He's doing well, just got yet another big construction contract." The wife chose you over Robert Hahn, and it seems that every time she brings him up its when you are having financial problems. You feel emasculated, finish your toast, then go to work.

You get to work, and whatever project it is you've been working on for months is denounced by your boss. After a lot of guidance and instruction, he offhandedly says (while ushering you through his door) "It's perfectly natural that you didn't get it right the first try. Only the truly exceptional people do." And you feel emasculated again, as you return to your work space.

What a bad day, so you stop for happy hour before going home. You end up sitting next to a random woman at the bar. She turns and starts talking to you. She looks a little road-worn, but she is nice and fun and complimentary. You tell her about your day and she says all the right comforting things, things that make you feel better. When it's time to go home, she confesses that she is horribly attracted to you, and offers to give you a blow job in your car.

You do it. And you feel a hell of a lot better.

I wonder if my thought process has any basis in reality. If so, cheaters, rep me!

Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 PM

Well, men who feel emasculated on a consistent basis had been cheating from the beginning of time, Onglet.
You don't want your man cheating, make him feel like a King every single day.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:12 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,697,631 times
Quote:
Well, men who feel emasculated on a consistent basis had been cheating from the beginning of time, Onglet.
You don't want your man cheating, make him feel like a King every single day.
I think that's absolutely true. Unfortunately we can't discuss it... we can only say "cheaters are the devil!!!!"

Old 03-26-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
My guess is that men who cheat aren't like the examples given by the OP. I'm guessing that the average cheater doesn't have a string of hookups in his past, just an occasional slip. Yeah there are some guys who just like to get some strange when they can, but I bet that's just one type.

If I were a screenwriter, this is what I would write about as a typical yet unusual cheat episode:

You wake up, living a "regular" life with your wife and family. The two of you have a big financial obstacle, as everyone does from time to time. Its starting to take its toll as you go back and forth about it for a while. You feel a little inadequate, thinking that if you only made a little more money this would not be a problem. You keeps this feeling to himself, but abruptly change the topic anytime your wife brings it up. This of course angers her a bit, because she doesn't understand that you feel inadequate. She just thinks you are being an unfeeling jerk, yet again.

She offhandedly (maybe) says over breakfast, "I just read an article in the paper about Robert Hahn. He's doing well, just got yet another big construction contract." The wife chose you over Robert Hahn, and it seems that every time she brings him up its when you are having financial problems. You feel emasculated, finish your toast, then go to work.

You get to work, and whatever project it is you've been working on for months is denounced by your boss. After a lot of guidance and instruction, he offhandedly says (while ushering you through his door) "It's perfectly natural that you didn't get it right the first try. Only the truly exceptional people do." And you feel emasculated again, as you return to your work space.

What a bad day, so you stop for happy hour before going home. You end up sitting next to a random woman at the bar. She turns and starts talking to you. She looks a little road-worn, but she is nice and fun and complimentary. You tell her about your day and she says all the right comforting things, things that make you feel better. When it's time to go home, she confesses that she is horribly attracted to you, and offers to give you a blow job in your car.

You do it. And you feel a hell of a lot better.

I wonder if my thought process has any basis in reality. If so, cheaters, rep me!
Yeah, we all know --people cheat, because they are unhappy. Right!!

Old 03-26-2010, 12:16 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,196,219 times
I can see where Onglet is coming from. There have been times where I have been feeling totally and utterly inadequate and out of my depth, and just a total failure as a person and as a man. And I just wanted someone to tell me "You're a good man. You really are", but when I got home usually in the evening all I got was a barrage of criticism from my then girlfriend and she used all the words she could to belittle me as a man. I eventually broke up with her, never cheated. But I have never felt so useless and down in my life ever. Probably the lowest point in my life. My relationship was in tatters, I was in danger of losing my job and I didn't get along well with my parents at the time.

But afterwards when I was done with her, I put a façade on and nobody knew the stuff I was going through. It was hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships