Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:01 PM

261 posts, read 527,449 times

Advertisements

Oh and on the shirt debate. I think a tucked in Polo shirt is a little weird. Its a tennis shirt right? A casual shirt (especially) with short sleeves shouldn't really be tucked in. I would personally prefer it left as is. It too neat and a bit geeky BUT each to their own and I guess it depends on the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 07:08 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You don't HAVE to tuck in anything. But a tucked-in shirt always looks better, to me. Lots of guys don't like to tuck because then they lose the hide-a-gut advantage. A guy with a flat stomach and a tucked-in shirt looks much more appealing.

Lose the gut and do the tuck.
If I tuck my polo shirt on a saturday night i might hit on by a conservative gay guy-lol

Old 04-14-2010, 07:11 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If I tuck my polo shirt on a saturday night i might hit on by a conservative gay guy-lol
Maybe that's your problem...you've been making the moves on the wrong gender.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:20 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Maybe that's your problem...you've been making the moves on the wrong gender.
I have no interest in going out with "Brucie"

Old 04-14-2010, 08:29 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
A least you'd be getting hit on.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:40 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
A least you'd be getting hit on.
By Brucie? No way-lol

Old 04-14-2010, 08:42 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
No your right, Bruce wouldn't give you a second look.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,450 times
Quote:
I don't know too many conservative gay guys.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:54 AM

122 posts, read 401,955 times
This is a tough one as I have had a few bad dates. These are some of the worst:

1. I had never been in a relationship and this was one of my very first dates. I had been talking to this girl online for a while. She lived far from me, over an hour away, but we still decided to meet and go out. On our first date, we went to see the movie "Shrek" at a grand opening of a new movie place in town which was packed full of people. She started feeling sick during the first few minutes of the movie and had a seizure and had to call an ambulance and spent 6+ hours at the ER. We decided to go on a 2nd date since the first didn't go very well and again, the same thing happened. I then found out she had been cheating on a guy with me so as soon as I found out, I broke up the relationship.

2. My very first date. I was 13 at the time and meet this girl on AOL (hey, it was popular at the time, long before MySpace and Facebook) and decided to meet at the mall one evening. I dragged my best friend with me and she dragged her sister. The girl was nothing as I had thought and when we both seen each other, we both new it wasn't going to work and couldn't even stand being near each other. My first and her sister tried to push us next to each other on this bench seat and me and the girl were freaking out about it. We decided to walk around the mall and the first place we went was a video game arcade that was pretty packed. My friend and I went to play one game and they went to play their own game. My friend and I left the arcade and walked around the mall, went into a computer game store, etc. We went back to the arcade 30+ minutes later and found them and they said "Are you two done playing your arcade games yet". My friend and I just looked at each other That was pretty much the end of the date, never talked to her again after that.

3. This was the most recent bad date I have been on. This was 2-3 years ago. I had been talking to this girl online for a while off and on and we decided to meet up. It wasn't an official "date" but still.... She had to do some shopping for a holiday so I meet her at the store. She was much taller than I had thought so I looked like a shrimp next to it and was very awkward feeling for me. We were in the store for maybe 15 minutes or so and she kept looking at my behind and commenting "You have a cute butt!" right in the middle of the store near other people. I was ready to leave at that moment but she wanted to drive me around and show me her school and the area (she lived a bit far from me and I didn't know the area) and she drive like a mad man. She nearly ran several stop lights and her truck went sliding/skidding trying to stop at the light in time. She also was going 40+ MPH over the speed limit and whatnot. During the ride, she kept grabbing my leg and saying "aww you have soft legs" or something and kept saying how cute and whatnot I was. We got back to my car and I left.

4. I decided to go out with one of my step-brothers friends several years ago. We planned on going to a movie and dinner that night. I picked her up and we went to the movies. She was very "guarded" in the movies and didn't say or do much of anything. We left and as we were driving to the restaurant, she said "I'm sorry I didn't hold your hand or anything in the movie, I just still want to flirt with guys for a while". Yes, those were her exact words. I wanted to take her home at the moment, but we went out to eat and I took her home and that was that.

How's those for "bad dates"? Do I win the prize?

Old 04-15-2010, 01:18 AM

261 posts, read 527,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJimLay View Post
This is a tough one as I have had a few bad dates. These are some of the worst:

1. I had never been in a relationship and this was one of my very first dates. I had been talking to this girl online for a while. She lived far from me, over an hour away, but we still decided to meet and go out. On our first date, we went to see the movie "Shrek" at a grand opening of a new movie place in town which was packed full of people. She started feeling sick during the first few minutes of the movie and had a seizure and had to call an ambulance and spent 6+ hours at the ER. We decided to go on a 2nd date since the first didn't go very well and again, the same thing happened. I then found out she had been cheating on a guy with me so as soon as I found out, I broke up the relationship.

2. My very first date. I was 13 at the time and meet this girl on AOL (hey, it was popular at the time, long before MySpace and Facebook) and decided to meet at the mall one evening. I dragged my best friend with me and she dragged her sister. The girl was nothing as I had thought and when we both seen each other, we both new it wasn't going to work and couldn't even stand being near each other. My first and her sister tried to push us next to each other on this bench seat and me and the girl were freaking out about it. We decided to walk around the mall and the first place we went was a video game arcade that was pretty packed. My friend and I went to play one game and they went to play their own game. My friend and I left the arcade and walked around the mall, went into a computer game store, etc. We went back to the arcade 30+ minutes later and found them and they said "Are you two done playing your arcade games yet". My friend and I just looked at each other That was pretty much the end of the date, never talked to her again after that.

3. This was the most recent bad date I have been on. This was 2-3 years ago. I had been talking to this girl online for a while off and on and we decided to meet up. It wasn't an official "date" but still.... She had to do some shopping for a holiday so I meet her at the store. She was much taller than I had thought so I looked like a shrimp next to it and was very awkward feeling for me. We were in the store for maybe 15 minutes or so and she kept looking at my behind and commenting "You have a cute butt!" right in the middle of the store near other people. I was ready to leave at that moment but she wanted to drive me around and show me her school and the area (she lived a bit far from me and I didn't know the area) and she drive like a mad man. She nearly ran several stop lights and her truck went sliding/skidding trying to stop at the light in time. She also was going 40+ MPH over the speed limit and whatnot. During the ride, she kept grabbing my leg and saying "aww you have soft legs" or something and kept saying how cute and whatnot I was. We got back to my car and I left.

4. I decided to go out with one of my step-brothers friends several years ago. We planned on going to a movie and dinner that night. I picked her up and we went to the movies. She was very "guarded" in the movies and didn't say or do much of anything. We left and as we were driving to the restaurant, she said "I'm sorry I didn't hold your hand or anything in the movie, I just still want to flirt with guys for a while". Yes, those were her exact words. I wanted to take her home at the moment, but we went out to eat and I took her home and that was that.

How's those for "bad dates"? Do I win the prize?
Pretty bad but No Bleach No Prize. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships