Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:07 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Questions View Post
My wife and her female friends go out to lunch all the time. Just her and one female friend. It is common. They are closer and will talk about more intimate things than two men will ever do. Restaurants are full of groups of two women sitting together. But rarely will you see two men sitting together in a restaurant. Yes, men will go out to eat with other men but usually in a large group. I see just two men together eating out and I assume they are gay. Do you agree?
If they are sharing a Cobb salad, dressing on the side, and an herbal tea, then make your own conclusions. When my buddy and I have lunch together I order a grilled hot pastrami (cardiac special), onion rings, and a beer (in a bottle), just to dispel any potential prejudice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 04:20 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,950,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
If they are sharing a Cobb salad, dressing on the side, and an herbal tea, then make your own conclusions. When my buddy and I have lunch together I order a grilled hot pastrami (cardiac special), onion rings, and a beer (in a bottle), just to dispel any potential prejudice.

You can generally tell whether people are friends, or a couple, by the way they act together.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:19 PM

146 posts, read 371,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Questions View Post
My wife and her female friends go out to lunch all the time. Just her and one female friend. It is common. They are closer and will talk about more intimate things than two men will ever do. Restaurants are full of groups of two women sitting together. But rarely will you see two men sitting together in a restaurant. Yes, men will go out to eat with other men but usually in a large group. I see just two men together eating out and I assume they are gay. Do you agree?
Not at all, i would automatically think the guys are just friends. The only time i think that a guy is gay is when he actually tells me he is.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
Not at all, i would automatically think the guys are just friends. The only time i think that a guy is gay is when he actually tells me he is.
Maybe being a big fan of Babs and musicals might be a bit of a tip off.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:46 PM

146 posts, read 371,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Maybe being a big fan of Babs and musicals might be a bit of a tip off.
Not necessarily, there is the "metro sexual" kind of guys who dress/look and sometimes act gay but are not. So i never assume that any type of guy is gay until he brings it my direct attention

Old 04-18-2010, 10:49 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
Not necessarily, there is the "metro sexual" kind of guys who dress/look and sometimes act gay but are not. So i never assume that any type of guy is gay until he brings it my direct attention
I guess the joke got lost somewhere in the mix. LOL

Old 04-18-2010, 11:17 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
If they're staring longingly into each other's eyes, then they just might be gay. Otherwise, their eyes are probably on their food, or on their waitress. Anywhere but each other...

Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 AM

164 posts, read 568,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
This sounds very much like you might be afraid of eliciting any gay feelings within yourself. A straight guy with no fear of being gay would never be so strategic.

accurate!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:10 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,007 times
Disagree.

They are only gay if they were holding hands and/or kissing in public

Old 04-19-2010, 11:26 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If they're staring longingly into each other's eyes, then they just might be gay. Otherwise, their eyes are probably on their food, or on their waitress. Anywhere but each other...
There is nothing wrong with maintaining eye contact with another male while you are speaking to one another just as long as it is not unnaturally extended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships