Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:30 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times

Advertisements

Like the fact that it doesn't bother us if someone else is wearing the same outfit as us? In fact, we think the other person has great taste.

Or it takes us like 5 minutes, if that, to get ready for a date?

Or we can actually make decisions about what to do instead of waffling about it, finally picking one on demand, and then complaining that we should have gone to the other place?

Old 05-04-2010, 11:32 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
it's the approacher's problem.
Not entirely. A lot of women don't realize signals they may be sending that tell guys to stay away. So if you're a woman who never gets approached, maybe you should ask "Is it something I'm doing?"

Old 05-04-2010, 11:41 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I don't approach random women. I stopped doing that the minute I turned 21. Waste of time and energy. And I got too much pride for that. I don't care how many signals and signs she sends, I still won't approach her. I got other ways to interact with women.
Same here.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:45 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,424 times
Men who randomly approach women are setting themselves up for epic failure. 90% of the time you will get rejected, you will feel embarrassed and at the same time you are are fuelling that woman's already over-inflated ego. I'd much rather have my pride in tact. I've never approached a woman in the last 5 years and I've still been quite successful with women. When I was under 21 I didn't know better, but as you grow older you become wiser. All the women I've met have not been women I've approached. One ex I met her on a train back from London, and we ended up sitting next to each other. We got talking and we found out we were both in the same field of work. We eventually became a couple. Another ex of mine, I met her at a local laundrette [cos my washing machine was broken for a period of time], met her there and we start talking while we were waiting for our clothes to finish, and we had a nice chemistry and connection. We eventually became a couple.

Men need to know their self-worth. Approaching women randomly is a big epic fail. You'll look like a massive idiot when you get rejected. There are many other ways you can interact with women. Have your pride in tact and have some self-respect.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:18 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,798 times
Quote:
I don't approach random women. I stopped doing that the minute I turned 21. Waste of time and energy. And I got too much pride for that. I don't care how many signals and signs she sends, I still won't approach her. I got other ways to interact with women.
For probably 2/3 of men, stroking a woman's ego while giving her a opportunity to vent her frustrations on someone she isn't interested in is not a productive use of their time.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:56 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,764 times
I never approach women....... but they have no problem approaching me....usually after they have had a few shots of alcohol

Old 05-05-2010, 06:44 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,653 times
Quote:
Approaching women worked exceedingly well for me throughout high school and college.
After that it did become a waste of time.
I got a couple of long term 'bootycalls' to satiate my urges and really did not worry anymore about whether I was dating or not.

Needless to say somehow I still get opportunities to date.
By happenstance.
Its rather weird really.
Funny thing is I usually cannot work up the interest to actually date.
Because most of the time I meet women who have no interests in common with me.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:55 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
Men who randomly approach women are setting themselves up for epic failure. 90% of the time you will get rejected, you will feel embarrassed and at the same time you are are fuelling that woman's already over-inflated ego. I'd much rather have my pride in tact. I've never approached a woman in the last 5 years and I've still been quite successful with women. When I was under 21 I didn't know better, but as you grow older you become wiser. All the women I've met have not been women I've approached. One ex I met her on a train back from London, and we ended up sitting next to each other. We got talking and we found out we were both in the same field of work. We eventually became a couple. Another ex of mine, I met her at a local laundrette [cos my washing machine was broken for a period of time], met her there and we start talking while we were waiting for our clothes to finish, and we had a nice chemistry and connection. We eventually became a couple.

Men need to know their self-worth. Approaching women randomly is a big epic fail. You'll look like a massive idiot when you get rejected. There are many other ways you can interact with women. Have your pride in tact and have some self-respect.
Ive tried the dont approach women thing for almost 30 years..Not working so well

Old 05-05-2010, 06:58 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
what do y'all mean by "approach" ? like walk up to a strange girl in front of all her friends and say "Hi. I'm Le Roi" ? people do it every day, but you oughta have some impressive communication skills, or an exceptional understanding of your self worth and your goals so that failure is not an issue for you.

for me it is more of a mood thing. i get in moods where i will talk to a wooden post, where people are just buying what i am selling. other times i can't even hold up my own half of a conversation. i surprise myself in both directions, and am never consistent.

Last edited by le roi; 05-05-2010 at 07:09 PM..

Old 05-05-2010, 07:06 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,977,786 times
Most men I know enjoy approaching women and they're almost never rejected in their pursuit. They tend to not take women who approach them seriously and prefer to choose who they want instead of being chose by someone they don't want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships