Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:49 PM

58 posts, read 228,178 times

Advertisements

I also have a child and we are trying for another... My whole argument is if everything closes at 2 am and your mate has been gone since lets say 6pm that afternoon getting home by 3 am should not be a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie girl View Post
I agree 100 %...
Your guy should be tickled pink for having a SO that thinks 3 A.M. is acceptable!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:00 PM

58 posts, read 228,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Your guy should be tickled pink for having a SO that thinks 3 A.M. is acceptable!
Well 2rugged4you , What time do you think is acceptable?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:02 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
When my wife is out with her girl friends what time she comes home is up to her. She comes home when she wants to, I'm not her master. If she goes out of town and stays over night, thats okay too.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:03 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Well 2rugged4you , What time do you think is acceptable?
I think 3 A.M. is more than enough time for him to do what he wants to do! I would be in by 11-12 P.M. unless it was something special and discussed beforehand!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
I would like to get everyone's opinion on this matter... If you are in a committed relationship and living together with your partner, What is the latest time a person should come home after hanging out with friends ? My personal opinion is anytime b4 3 am. Does anyone agree ?
Doesn't it depend on the circumstances and activity?

An intimate relationship is not supposed to take on aspects of parental one where one person orders the other person around you know.

Instead of having a hard and fast curfew or setting a deadline, the person going out should tell the one staying home when to expect them, not be told when to be expected - but they should come home when they stated they would.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:11 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,216 times
Depends on what we agree on.
I do not have a set time. As long as she does not wake me up coming in I am cool.
she can stay away for days for that matter.
And if she wants to set me a time we probably will not be together long.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:13 AM

791 posts, read 1,426,516 times
Quote:
I would like to get everyone's opinion on this matter... If you are in a committed relationship and living together with your partner, What is the latest time a person should come home after hanging out with friends ? My personal opinion is anytime b4 3 am. Does anyone agree ?
you are an adult and grown....parents set a curfew for children

Old 05-08-2010, 11:17 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:
I also have a child and we are trying for another... My whole argument is if everything closes at 2 am and your mate has been gone since lets say 6pm that afternoon getting home by 3 am should not be a problem.
If I personally had a child by someone else, and that person was getting home at 3 a.m. after being gone since 6:00 p.m. the previous evening, I would be thinking that I am NOT in a good, solid relationship, and would be looking for other living arrangements.

I personally wouldn't be trying for another child. That would be insanity on my part.

Last edited by cricket_factor; 05-08-2010 at 11:25 AM..

Old 05-08-2010, 11:24 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Well you may have a problem if your SO is out partying with friends from 6pm until 3am in the morning. Where does he find time to spend with you and the child? And you are considering bringing another one into this set up? How often does he hang out with friends? If it's on a regular basis, sounds like he is not mature enough to take on a life of SO/kids and being on a curfew.

My husband and I don't set time limits on each other as we are both adults however, we are respectful of each other and know where our priorities lie. I would not be happy if he came home at 3am on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships