Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:09 PM

645 posts, read 1,452,586 times

Advertisements

Why is that you can be with a person, and nothing seems to be going right in their life in other words, they just carry a string of bad luck, so why come after the relationship ends then they start doing better or everything starts going right in their life..can someone explain why this happens, because it doesn't make sense to me. What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 09:31 PM

557 posts, read 1,353,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
Why is that you can be with a person, and nothing seems to be going right in their life in other words, they just carry a string of bad luck, so why come after the relationship ends then they start doing better or everything starts going right in their life..can someone explain why this happens, because it doesn't make sense to me. What say you?
Seems like you already know the answer. Depending on the situation, could be a number of reasons...

Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
A storm comes first, then sunshine.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Figuring that the relationship ended tells me it was not to be but one or both partners were in denial of that fact. So they spend enormous amounts of time and effort trying to make it 'work'. It drags on their individual spirit. Then one day one or both realize it won't work so they end it and then turn their time and efforts to themselves. It is then that you see them at their best.

It goes with my personal philosophy that you need to love yourself first.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
sometimes our helping makes it worse.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:23 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,820 times
I have an ex who got a terrible run of luck. He resisted every constructive suggestion and eventually wore me down with his negativity. My life took off and he's still draggin through the mud financially and socially. Unfortunately leaving him was necessary to get the space and positivity I needed to get to a higher level professionally even emotionally. I promised myself I would never get with such a complainer again. I hate to see people resigned to wallowing.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Some people are just not meant to be together, and the universe knows it.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:27 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,548,385 times
Sometimes bad luck is just bad luck. There isn't always a connection.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:30 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,548,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
I have an ex who got a terrible run of luck. He resisted every constructive suggestion and eventually wore me down with his negativity. My life took off and he's still draggin through the mud financially and socially. Unfortunately leaving him was necessary to get the space and positivity I needed to get to a higher level professionally even emotionally. I promised myself I would never get with such a complainer again. I hate to see people resigned to wallowing.
I don't know this guy or his situation but sometimes people wallow and complain because life really was that hard to them. It's easy for people who don't have long strings of bad luck to point fingers and say "you are the problem." You can dust yourself off only so often. Eventually you get tired of having to fight the current and you just give up and let yourself drown. There are a lot of broken people in the world, especially today.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:11 AM

645 posts, read 1,452,586 times
I agree with the responses!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships