Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 12:10 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
It's not furthering conversation if every single thing needs absolute clarification to the Nth degree. I'll cite your "I don't follow" quoted in my post above, the one I addressed. It's a fine example.
I don't think every single thing needs to be clarified. If I don't understand something, I'm going to ask for clarification. It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you see folk who ask for clarification as only wanting to obfuscate and annoy. I'm sure that's the case some of the time (for some folk), but certainly not all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 05:39 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't think every single thing needs to be clarified. If I don't understand something, I'm going to ask for clarification. It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you see folk who ask for clarification as only wanting to obfuscate and annoy. I'm sure that's the case some of the time (for some folk), but certainly not all the time.

In a great many of the jobs I've held in the course of my life I've ended up as a trainer. Given a variety of jobs, not to mention all that time in the military, I've ended up dealing with a wide variety of personality types.

No, I don't have a problem with clarification any more than I have a problem with ignorance.

I DO have a problem with clarification when it begins to look to me more like a ploy than a need for clarification.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:53 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
I want to be a stay at home dad so i can play video games all day
I hope my girlfriend finishes school soon and gets a high paying job.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:32 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
I don't even know what this argument is about anymore. It's sort of like trying to figure out why the Fox said the grapes were sour.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:40 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
I don't even know what this argument is about anymore. It's sort of like trying to figure out why the Fox said the grapes were sour.
Gah! Keep up! We're talking about training plots to overthrow video games and their instincts to explain conversations.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:42 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
The argument portion with stan4 actually reached conclusion.

The argument portion with Braunwyn went the way of semantic noise.

The argument portion with Sasquatch not only ended just now, it completely changed topic so that he was looking for sweet nothings to throw Redisca's way in order to brighten up her Tuesday.

An' I reckon that's all I have to say 'bout that.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:04 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
In a great many of the jobs I've held in the course of my life I've ended up as a trainer. Given a variety of jobs, not to mention all that time in the military, I've ended up dealing with a wide variety of personality types.

No, I don't have a problem with clarification any more than I have a problem with ignorance.

I DO have a problem with clarification when it begins to look to me more like a ploy than a need for clarification.
I wouldn't call your not having control over how a coversation goes as ignorance on the part of the person you're conversing with.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:10 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
I'm not arguing that people aren't making observations and that observations aren't shared. Sure they are, but so what? Just because a group of people come to a specific conclusion doesn't mean the conclusion has merit. For example, many men on this forum claim that since it's women that mostly file for divorce (an observation) this means that women do not value marriage, commitment, whatever. Is that true just because a group of people are in agreement?
It would seem that if those men were satisfied, and willing to stay in the marriage, and the women were not, that the men placed more value on the marriage than those particular women did.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It would seem that if those men were satisfied, and willing to stay in the marriage, and the women were not, that the men placed more value on the marriage than those particular women did.
It would seem many of "those men" have never been married.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Don't misunderstand. I'm referring to smartalx. He stated that he has the right to lead.
I suppose that no one has the right to lead--that you can just go on directionless and get lost...

Let's just go on not making any decisions whatsoever and take things as they come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships