Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:29 PM

439 posts, read 556,255 times

Advertisements

rare and natural phenomenon in the final holy book

the quran has may reference to scientific facts .

and that is one of the types of verses that help those who have doubt to beleive that the quran is from Allah

and here is one of the fact

the first one to document this rare natural phenomenon is the quran
Would any of you like to have a garden of palm-trees and vines, with rivers flowing underneath it, with all kinds of fruit for him therein; and old age hath stricken him and he hath feeble offspring; and a fiery whirlwind striketh it and it is (all) consumed by fire. Thus Allah maketh plain His revelations unto you, in order that ye may give thought .quran 2:266.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 06:02 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post

and that is one of the types of verses that help those who have doubt to beleive that the quran is from Allah

Would any of you like to have a garden of palm-trees and vines, with rivers flowing underneath it, with all kinds of fruit for him therein; and old age hath stricken him and he hath feeble offspring; and a fiery whirlwind striketh it and it is (all) consumed by fire. Thus Allah maketh plain His revelations unto you, in order that ye may give thought .quran 2:266.

I'm sure there's truth in a lot of books out there. Not a single one of them contains 100% truth.

Last edited by herefornow; 11-12-2010 at 06:14 PM..

Old 11-12-2010, 06:26 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:

You know this is a phenomenon that has been witnessed by many Native American tribes and Aborigines of Australia and other tribal cultures throughout the world long before Islam came into existence. Just because it is written about in your sacred book doesn't make your sacred book anything special.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:45 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
That phenomenon is neither rare nor anything to do with proof of science in the quran...Fire storms and fiery twisters have been around since there were things that burned.... The camel jockeys that wrote the quran probably saw lot of them.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I'm sure there's truth in a lot of books out there. Not a single one of them contains 100% truth.
I'm sure
the quran contains 100% truth.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:02 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
I'm sure
the quran contains 100% truth.

I'm sure the Quran has truth in it, but not 100% truth. I was sure the Bible had 100% truth as well, for many years. I would have died for it. But, the truth is, humans wrote it; humans who were inspired by God in some instances, but in many cases they were inspired by revenge and hate.

Jesus (pbuh) came to fix that way of thinking. He said the fruits of the Spirit were love, joy, peace, humility, patience, kindness, etc. He said the people in the Old Testament were confused and had been too caught up in the laws and not love. He desired mercy, not sacrifice.

He told the Pharisees that they were going to hell (Gehenna) which they did in A.D. 70. when Jerusalem fell. Their bodies were thrown into the Jerusalem garbage dump (Gehenna or hell) which was usually reserved for the worst of criminals who didn't deserve a burial site. They kept all the laws, did all the right things outwardly, but inside they were spiritually dead and without love for mankind.

Faith, hope, love but the greatest of these is love. I Corinthians 13:13.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know this is a phenomenon that has been witnessed by many Native American tribes and Aborigines of Australia and other tribal cultures throughout the world long before Islam came into existence. Just because it is written about in your sacred book doesn't make your sacred book anything special.

this is not the only scientefic fact .

the quran contains many scientefic facts .

Old 11-12-2010, 10:56 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
this is not the only scientefic fact .

the quran contains many scientefic facts .
And many, many more scientific fallacies and mistakes I'm afraid.

Here is a doozy!...4:1 O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward Allah in Whom ye claim (your rights) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bare you). Lo! Allah hath been a watcher over you.

Humans arose from earlier life forms...We didn't start out as one man.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:38 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
finalmessage: Well at least you are consistent. I'm sure there is some truth in the Quran, but nowhere near 100%. That statement marks you as a True Believer who is rigid and inflexible in such matters. That is not a good thing.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:10 AM

271 posts, read 355,779 times
Quote:

Thanks,
I read this verse, but I didn't imagine this .
May God save us from Hell. we can't bear it for a moment. what about eternal dwelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam