Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:51 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yep!

Soon as he left office he 'converted' to Catholicism too. Not many votes from the Catholics in Britain see.
Now I see....that explains EVERYTHING!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 11:17 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
Tony Blair only shone by the reflected light of his buddy George W (a pitiful scenario indeed).

Old 09-02-2010, 01:24 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
If you understood religion and what religious folks believe and what they are commanded to do, and you tried to see it from their perspective, then I don't think you would say those things. Tony Blair ran a first world country. What have you done that even approaches that, Mr. Intellectual?
He ran it into the ground, though, and no, I haven't done anything that comprehensively stupid. But thanks for asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
secularism and atheism is the devil
That's "secularism and atheism 'ARE' the devil". At least get your grammar correct before you blurt things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Is he really that fanatical???
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Tony Blair only shone by the reflected light of his buddy George W (a pitiful scenario indeed).
Yep. I heard that they both fell to their knees and prayed together in the Oval Office.

hmmm...godless communism may have it's advantages after all.....

Old 09-02-2010, 02:18 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How on earth can such ignorant people head a nation?
Oh, it's OK for Atheists to proclaim their mission against Theism (For some atheists, though, there is the feeling that any connection with religion may be hypocritical and may only be serving to reinforce the assumption that religion is acceptable. They argue that it would be better to strip all religious aspects from their lives) and to mock and insult it at every turn...but not OK for the Theists to act likewise against Atheism?

He's ignorant, why? Because he doesn't side with the inconsequential minority?

Get a clue. On the world stage, Majority Rules. If the Atheists want to be able to "call shots" they have a looooooong way to go, and a lot of ground to gain. Until then, weeeeeeell, you'll just have to get hip to your relevancy in the word...and that is--Not So Much. No insult...just, "the fact of the matter".

Old 09-02-2010, 04:35 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,633,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Agreed. We still call him "Bush's poodle" over here. This is the man who has no moral principles, who spent his entire political career as a king of "spin", who quite happily sent our troops to Iraq on the basis of LIES ( he like Bush KNEW there were no WMDs) , who has caused the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians, thousands of troops, the wholesale destruction of an entire sovereign nation, the radicalisation of people who were previously part of the most secular Muslim nation on the planet, the man who with his Master of Hounds has made our world less secure, caused terrorism to grow and still after all this still cannot say a simple "sorry" to the Nation and to Iraqi people.

Bliar another apt nickname for it should be standing at the Hague for crimes against humanity. Instead he has made Envoy for Peace in the Middle East ( WTH??? why not make Bush a special envoy to Palestine or Ambassador to Iraq whilst we are losing our sanity) and feathered his nest very nicely because of his appalling foreign policies. Invading Iraq has done nothing but make him obscenely rich.

And the guy claims to be a Christian. Funny but where I come from Christianity is supposed to be about love , forgiveness and starting a so called "war" on terrorism by invading a Nation with no WMDs and no terrorism does not seem to agree with my idea of what Christ would have done.

I cannot see Christ baying for the blood of innocent civilians ( collateral damage , let's face Iaqis are a little too "brown" so who bloody cares if they die and their entire infrastructure is blown to bits back to the middle ages , certainly not Bliar and his acolytes )

Bliar wanted to get into bed with Bush and whored his way into a "war" which had nothing with 9/11 and everything to do with oil, political expediency and helping Bush to distract the American public from other economic and social issues and of course from concentrating in Afghanistan ( and Pakistan) where the real problems were. So now we end up mired in Iraq AND Afghanistan.

And now we are told this upstanding citizen of perfect moral rectitude has the gall to throw a call to "arms" against Atheism and secularism ? Because of course like so many believers he has the "truth" and his "truth" has done so well . Pardon me if I don't want to listen to a single word coming out of the bastard's mouth. Pass me the bucket.

Someone ought to do a citizen's arrest on the guy or at best throw manure on him at his next book signing.

Throw him in jail and throw away the key. And I say this as a previous Labour voter . The man is a disgrace to Britain and a disgrace to Humanity.

Self righteous, arrogant and responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. If he was Bosnian he would be in the Hague right now.

But being British and an ally of the US of course he is simply a politician who had to make "hard choices" . Piffle and double piffle.

The worst thing is that he has no conscience and will sleep perfectly well at night. The sheer arrogance is mind boggling.

Bliar a Christian ( as in Christ like and a follower of Christ) ? He is to Christianity what Britney Spears is to music and what Saddam Hussein was to world terrorism. Nothing but a stranger to it.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:03 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Hmmm...just one more religious fanatic to add to the pile.

It's scary when people with these kinds of views are in charge of entire countries.
Yea, Great Britain sure was scarey under Tony Blair's leadership. Wait, a minute. Wasn't that country the best ally and friend to the United States? I can certainly understand your horror.

And you know it's been a dream having those atheist eastern block country leaders. Those Russians and Chinese leaders have been such darlings over the years.

Based on your posts, I would guess that today, North Korea is your kind of country and Kim is your man.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:09 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Oh, it's OK for Atheists to proclaim their mission against Theism (For some atheists, though, there is the feeling that any connection with religion may be hypocritical and may only be serving to reinforce the assumption that religion is acceptable. They argue that it would be better to strip all religious aspects from their lives) and to mock and insult it at every turn...but not OK for the Theists to act likewise against Atheism?

He's ignorant, why? Because he doesn't side with the inconsequential minority?

Get a clue. On the world stage, Majority Rules. If the Atheists want to be able to "call shots" they have a looooooong way to go, and a lot of ground to gain. Until then, weeeeeeell, you'll just have to get hip to your relevancy in the word...and that is--Not So Much. No insult...just, "the fact of the matter".
Who mocks theist?.. I mock the primitive religions that most theist follow. But somehow you are equating this to his bigotry.

"What if Tony Blair's message read like this: "Arguing that there was "no hope" from Jews who scorn Christ, he said the best way to confront the Jewish agenda was for all Christian denominations to unite against it." How hard would it be for people to recognize such a message as stupid, dangerous, and bigoted? Blair would probably be criticized quickly and strongly, but that's because people today can recognize anti-Semitic bigotry for what it is. People have a much harder time recognizing or even caring about anti-atheist bigotry -- and few seem to have any comprehension of the dangers in anti-secularist politics."

I guess these anti secularist want to return to one religion putting in laws forcing police officers to hunt down and jail those of a different faith, or *gasp* no faith, as the christian religion did in the early days in America before the constitution was put in place.

YouTube - The American Form of Government

If Blair is anti secularist, he is anti American, he is anti freedom from religion, he is, in my eyes, a mad man.

As for you GldnRule, you seem to want to run the world on mob rule, I warn you that in due time, muslims will out number christians, if your religion manages to get mob rule to be acceptable, you will be next on the list, after me and those like me have been crucified.

Last edited by Gplex; 09-02-2010 at 07:53 AM..

Old 09-02-2010, 07:57 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times
Quote:
Yea, Great Britain sure was scarey under Tony Blair's leadership. Wait, a minute. Wasn't that country the best ally and friend to the United States? I can certainly understand your horror.

And you know it's been a dream having those atheist eastern block country leaders. Those Russians and Chinese leaders have been such darlings over the years.

Based on your posts, I would guess that today, North Korea is your kind of country and Kim is your man.

YouTube - Atheism - Religion - Dogma

Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Wait, a minute. Wasn't that country the best ally and friend to the United States? I can certainly understand your horror.
You mean, haven't we pulled Britain's proverbial shyte out of the fire more than once? Why yes, yes we have. What have they done for us that compares?

Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:

Our country is FREE and comparing what I said to Communism just shows EVERYONE your PROFOUND INGNORANCE.

In the words of Gplex:

If Blair is anti secularist, he is anti American, he is anti freedom from religion, he is, in my eyes, a mad man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality