Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:21 AM

63,879 posts, read 40,157,333 times

Advertisements

Superstition, gullibility, magical thinking, fear of the unknown and assorted mystical biases seem to drive people to either seek out some human Guru (guide, teacher, priest, pastor, Pope, etc.) to follow . . . or to shun the whole idea in FEAR. The ONLY teacher you can ever reach in meditation or devout prayer is God . . . in the form of His Holy Spirit (Jesus' human consciousness). There is NO OTHER Guru or teacher or Truth or Way or Path or Light or Life available to us than Jesus. WE DO NOT NEED ANY MAN TO TEACH US WHAT GOD HAS "WRITTEN IN OUR HEARTS."This is a fact of the design of our reality and is NOT a choice we get to make. God calls . . . NOT us . . . we accept. We just have to sincerely seek and be open. When will our species be mature enough to seek God on our own and listen to the Holy Spirit within . . . and not a bunch of human manipulators and money grubbers.

Sorry for the rant . . . my meditations have been disrupted by negative transients lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 07:50 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,689,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

Sorry for the rant . . . my meditations have been disrupted by negative transients lately.
There are no gods either. Too bad about your meditation. People must really hate you for you to have all those negative transients. Oh wait, negative transients don't exist either. You're just trying to shift the blame off yourself.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
There are no gods either. Too bad about your meditation. People must really hate you for you to have all those negative transients. Oh wait, negative transients don't exist either. You're just trying to shift the blame off yourself.
As you wish.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:41 AM

1,668 posts, read 4,372,173 times
So people who pay monthly dues to be part of a 'spiritual path' led by a 'guru' are being bamboozled?

Say it ain't so...

Old 09-23-2010, 08:59 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,028,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Superstition, gullibility, magical thinking, fear of the unknown and assorted mystical biases seem to drive people to either seek out some human Guru (guide, teacher, priest, pastor, Pope, etc.) to follow . . . or to shun the whole idea in FEAR. The ONLY teacher you can ever reach in meditation or devout prayer is God . . . in the form of His Holy Spirit (Jesus' human consciousness). There is NO OTHER Guru or teacher or Truth or Way or Path or Light or Life available to us than Jesus. WE DO NOT NEED ANY MAN TO TEACH US WHAT GOD HAS "WRITTEN IN OUR HEARTS."This is a fact of the design of our reality and is NOT a choice we get to make. God calls . . . NOT us . . . we accept. We just have to sincerely seek and be open. When will our species be mature enough to seek God on our own and listen to the Holy Spirit within . . . and not a bunch of human manipulators and money grubbers.

But see, you will have all kinds of people telling you that the heart cannot be trusted, especially fundies. Because, well, you know, the heart is evil or something.

Stillness meditation is the only way to hear God. It's a proven fact by all those who have made the attempt, but most people will either not attempt it or if they get frustrated because it doesn't happen immediately, they will leave it. I'm going through a period that I have to leave it because my focus is not on the intent but material things. It's hard when you do that. Things in my life are upside down right now and things are getting tougher. I'll pick it up again when my mind is more relaxed and I can focus.

You should check out George Barnard's Akashic Construct CD. I'm sure your well ahead but it's a good way for others to start. It's the best technique I've found and it really works. It's what I used in the beginning.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Mormons or JW's ring the doorbell?
A lot worse . . . it is impossible to describe the disturbing nature of negative emotions directed specifically at you . . . when they are driven by fear, superstition, hate, misguided self-righteous protection of their concept of the divine, fear of demons, fear of Satan, etc. Luckily . . . very few atheist/agnostics ever get that upset over such things. But it does indicate a time to back-off riling the "loving" religious vipers . . . (oops . . . that was poorly phrased given its intent!)

Old 09-23-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
But see, you will have all kinds of people telling you that the heart cannot be trusted, especially fundies. Because, well, you know, the heart is evil or something.

Stillness meditation is the only way to hear God. It's a proven fact by all those who have made the attempt, but most people will either not attempt it or if they get frustrated because it doesn't happen immediately, they will leave it. I'm going through a period that I have to leave it because my focus is not on the intent but material things. It's hard when you do that. Things in my life are upside down right now and things are getting tougher. I'll pick it up again when my mind is more relaxed and I can focus.

You should check out George Barnard's Akashic Construct CD. I'm sure your well ahead but it's a good way for others to start. It's the best technique I've found and it really works. It's what I used in the beginning.
is it really 'hearing God' or is the mind tricking one into thinking they're hearing God because that is what they are preoccupied with?

much like how our dreams are reflective of our day to day waking thoughts/desires...and nothing more.

where are the 'proven fact(s)' that stillness meditation, or any other meditation for that matter, is legit for anything more than relaxation & clearing the head?

So by purchasing this guy George Barnard's CD, I can connect with God?

What about these other 'Masters' out there who are claiming the same thing??

One God, so many 'Masters' and 'gurus' with the only true path to get there...but you need to spend some money first...

Say it ain't so....

Old 09-23-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
is it really 'hearing God' or is the mind tricking one into thinking they're hearing God because that is what they are preoccupied with?

much like how our dreams are reflective of our day to day waking thoughts/desires...and nothing more.

where are the 'proven fact(s)' that stillness meditation, or any other meditation for that matter, is legit for anything more than relaxation & clearing the head?

So by purchasing this guy George Barnard's CD, I can connect with God?

What about these other 'Masters' out there who are claiming the same thing??

One God, so many 'Masters' and 'gurus' with the only true path to get there...but you need to spend some money first...

Say it ain't so....
Spending money is never necessary to talk with God. I bought the CD because I needed to learn how to relax and still my mind.

You can connect with God anytime you want. In todays world, our minds are all filled with "stuff". We don't know how to be quiet. Well, if God wanted to talk to you and you had a mind that wasn't quiet, how would you hear Him? It's llike trying to talk to someone at a party with loud music. You can hear them but you have to yell and sometimes you miss words. Talking to God is the same. You want to still the mind so that you can hear Him.

Personally, I've never talked with Him but I have talked with Celestials and others. They are appointed to do the tasks when our soul is not in a condition to talk with God. We must uplift our souls to His vibrations.

I'm female and the last time I heard a message, it was a male voice, one of my Celestial guides. He said "Continue to pray for Divine Love. As you heal yourself, you'll be able to heal others". Short and to the point.

You hear them as if they are right beside you. When you "tune in" you will hear them when you aren't struggling with the everyday junk. That's what stillness meditation does.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Spending money is never necessary to talk with God. I bought the CD because I needed to learn how to relax and still my mind.

You can connect with God anytime you want. In todays world, our minds are all filled with "stuff". We don't know how to be quiet. Well, if God wanted to talk to you and you had a mind that wasn't quiet, how would you hear Him? It's llike trying to talk to someone at a party with loud music. You can hear them but you have to yell and sometimes you miss words. Talking to God is the same. You want to still the mind so that you can hear Him.

Personally, I've never talked with Him but I have talked with Celestials and others. They are appointed to do the tasks when our soul is not in a condition to talk with God. We must uplift our souls to His vibrations.

I'm female and the last time I heard a message, it was a male voice, one of my Celestial guides. He said "Continue to pray for Divine Love. As you heal yourself, you'll be able to heal others". Short and to the point.

You hear them as if they are right beside you. When you "tune in" you will hear them when you aren't struggling with the everyday junk. That's what stillness meditation does.
And you can say with 100% certainty that all this isn't merely a figment of your imagination...your mind playing tricks on you, in other words...?

Old 09-23-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
And you can say with 100% certainty that all this isn't merely a figment of your imagination...your mind playing tricks on you, in other words...?
No way. It was loud and clear. Like I said, it was as if he were standing right next to me. Right before he talked, I saw an extremely bright light. It was like staring into a light bulb. It just kept getting brighter and then he talked. This was a very bright spirit and had a lot of God's energy and the love that surrounded me is undescribable. No way can I make that up or dream it. It was real but I can only prove it to myself. You can prove it to you by trying the meditation. It took me a long time just to get there. It will never happen overnight but if you are consistant, it will happen. And make sure you do it at the same time everyday as they have schedules too. Mornings are the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality