Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
These verses hardly bode well for "all men." As a matter of fact, they're quite specific in reserving this "salvation" only for believers. And believers of what? Why, a very particular viewpoint...not necessarily held by "all" men.
The view the man holds has no bearing on salvation. It is the sin that matters. If all men have sin and all men are saved...especially those who believe then all men are saved. The belief is not a condition of salvation, sin is. All have sinned. God will destroy all sin... you are saved from your sins just like everyone else who has sinned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 11:22 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The view the man holds has no bearing on salvation. It is the sin that matters. If all men have sin and all men are saved...especially those who believe then all men are saved. The belief is not a condition of salvation, sin is. All have sinned. God will destroy all sin... you are saved from your sins just like everyone else who has sinned.
Even though I'm Jewish and don't venerate Jesus as the Messiah? That's not what the OP seems to think. Not that I care; his beliefs are 1) his, and 2) beliefs. There are a few billion other people walking around on the Earth besides me who don't subscribe to them.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Even though I'm Jewish and don't venerate Jesus as the Messiah? That's not what the OP seems to think. Not that I care; his beliefs are 1) his, and 2) beliefs. There are a few billion other people walking around on the Earth besides me who don't subscribe to them.
We can believe what ever we want.. that is our choice. God's choice was to save all men and show them truth. He has done it.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
We can believe what ever we want.. that is our choice. God's choice was to save all men and show them truth. He has done it.
I never had a problem with God's choice. My problem comes from other human beings interpreting God's choice according to their own agenda.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:03 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,191 times
my agenda is none o' yo' biznich. hehehe. jus' kiddin' sorta. idk "your agenda"... if it's to live & let live: yay.

kate

Last edited by sarahkate_m; 09-22-2009 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: condensation

Old 03-16-2011, 02:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,215 times
There seems to be many nonbelievers responding on this forum so I must say that if you are having trouble believing in a loving God...then look to the other side. With a world in such turmoil and hatred...there is definitely Satan working hard and fast to get as many souls as he can. Satan does not want us to believe in God and he is the one who casts doubts in our heads and hearts. So many people who have problems believing have not read the complete Bible. It is a history book. It tells of people of the past and their dealings with the same struggles that we have today. We must learn from their mistakes...I personally just want to be a good moral person so being a Christian is not a great stretch. If you are struggling it may be because your heart is telling you that you are not living right in some way and your sinful nature is casting doubt to keep from accepting Jesus. I will pray for you and hope that God will touch your hearts.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:19 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaguy View Post
the bible states very clearly that the only way to be saved is by accepting jesus as your savior. That means i'm not going to be saved and neither are literally billions of other human beings who are either non believers or belong to a different faith.
Bingo !!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you________

Old 03-17-2011, 01:08 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK1964 View Post
There seems to be many nonbelievers responding on this forum so I must say that if you are having trouble believing in a loving God...then look to the other side. With a world in such turmoil and hatred...there is definitely Satan working hard and fast to get as many souls as he can.
Yeah that is the usual rhetoric, weez all fooled by sawtan or sawtawn the hebrew word for adversery or adverse thoughts.
Quote:
Satan does not want us to believe in God and he is the one who casts doubts in our heads and hearts. So many people who have problems believing have not read the complete Bible. It is a history book. It tells of people of the past and their dealings with the same struggles that we have today.
Actually if sawtawn were real, I think his strategy would be for believers to actually study the bible and do extrabiblical research - oops that is what I did and realized god cannot possibly exist.
Quote:
We must learn from their mistakes...I personally just want to be a good moral person so being a Christian is not a great stretch. If you are struggling it may be because your heart is telling you that you are not living right in some way and your sinful nature is casting doubt to keep from accepting Jesus. I will pray for you and hope that God will touch your hearts.
What sinful nature is this. You are of course assuming that everyone sins. Give us some examples primarily of what atheists do wrong.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK1964 View Post
There seems to be many nonbelievers responding on this forum so I must say that if you are having trouble believing in a loving God...
I'll bet you don't have the first clue how disgustingly condescending that is. How dare you pontificate at me? The fact that you have one set of beliefs to which I don't happen to subscribe doesn't automatically mean you're right and I'm wrong. We could both be wrong...or I could be right and YOU could be the one with a problem.

Did you ever hear the expression "live and let live?" You need to learn how to practice that.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:41 AM

2 posts, read 2,215 times
Sorry that some were offended by what I commented on! I didn't mean for anyone to take it as I was being judgemental...I believe that everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe...AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T HURT ANYONE ELSE OR INFRINGE UPON THEIR BELIEF SYSTEM. I am a strong believer that there is not just one faith that leads to heaven. Yes, I do believe in heaven and hell....and if you choose not to believe....that is fine with me. I have open conversations with my friends who are of other religions and we share our beliefs and don't get mad. It's good to always learn as much as we can about each other's beliefs. Truthfully, no one will know who is right and who is wrong until judgement day. To those of you who are atheist...no offense to you for not believing. My father for years didn't know if he believed in God or not. Alot of terrible things had happened to him which left him doubtful. He was crushed by a tree and was critical for 9 weeks. I felt a presence at his right side...I believe it was an angel??? He was improving and became a believer only to die suddenly. I believe that God waited for him to believe. Mock me if you must but it made me believe.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality