Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:04 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times

Advertisements

According to Genesis 3:14 when God saw that the serpent had deceived Eve in the garden. God stated that the serpent from then on would travel on his belly. I use to tell people that snakes once had legs, and according to the Scriptures walked upright. Of course every non believer thought that was simply a foolish myth from the Bible.

However a recent finding now shows us that yes snakes in the past did have legs. Now science will tell you this is a riddle. Their question will be. "Why do these snake species have hind limbs? If legs were the norm for snake ancestors, it would make sense to see the species advanced anatomy as only superficially similar to more modern snakes. On the other hand, the stubby limbs on the fossil snakes might represent an evolutionary reversal.

The fact that these snake fossils have been found with legs, only confirms the Biblical account. And the belief by science that snakes not having legs today might be an evolutionary reversal. Is only believed, because they have ignored what the God of the Bible already stated.

New Fossil Snake With Legs, Reported In <i>Science</i>

Snakes having legs first stated in the Bible, and now confirmed by science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 08:20 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,895,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course every non believer thought that was simply a foolish myth from the Bible.
It is still a foolish myth from the Bible.

Don't you see that the recent scientific discovery does nothing to show that there was once a talking snake with legs that tempted an immortal Adam and Eve. Genetic Adam (common DNA ancestor of all modern humans) and genetic Eve (common DNA ancestor of all modern humans) lived thousands of years away from each other.

PS - Funny how some believers just love and celebrate science when it produces a finding they think supports the Bible, but wholely reject the tons of findings that show a literal reading of the Bible is completely wrong.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:01 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,386,350 times
Ummm, yeah. It's not a riddle for science. The lack of limbs is related to altered expression of some of the hox genes during embryonic development. We have known for quite some time that snakes evolved from a tetrapod ancestor, just like all the other reptiles. The vestigial hind limbs (spurs) are easily seen in most species, and I expect most people, even the authors of the bible, could surmise their ancestry just by looking.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:28 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,102 times
Thinking of these appendages as "legs" that would support their body to walk in an upright or other manner of mobility is a bit of a stretch of the imagination. It does represent a nice find of an intermediary link in the evolution of snakes.

Quote:
"The fact Haasiophis had legs means that either snakes lost their legs more than once or they re-evolved them," Jacobs said. He speculates that the tiny legs on Haasiophis were somehow used in reproduction and stimulation, much like the spurs on anacondas are used today. They are too small in relation to the reptile’s whole body to have helped it move.
SMU Paleontologists Publish Findings Of Fossil Snake With Legs

Last edited by nezlie; 11-21-2010 at 09:37 AM..

Old 11-21-2010, 09:38 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,006,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
According to Genesis 3:14 when God saw that the serpent had deceived Eve in the garden. God stated that the serpent from then on would travel on his belly. I use to tell people that snakes once had legs, and according to the Scriptures walked upright. Of course every non believer thought that was simply a foolish myth from the Bible.

However a recent finding now shows us that yes snakes in the past did have legs. Now science will tell you this is a riddle. Their question will be. "Why do these snake species have hind limbs? If legs were the norm for snake ancestors, it would make sense to see the species advanced anatomy as only superficially similar to more modern snakes. On the other hand, the stubby limbs on the fossil snakes might represent an evolutionary reversal.

The fact that these snake fossils have been found with legs, only confirms the Biblical account. And the belief by science that snakes not having legs today might be an evolutionary reversal. Is only believed, because they have ignored what the God of the Bible already stated.

New Fossil Snake With Legs, Reported In <i>Science</i>

Snakes having legs first stated in the Bible, and now confirmed by science.
Did Campbell pull a use of the word (or variation) 'evolutionary' to prove his point when he figured it was necessary to use it? The Lard surely works in mysterious ways indeed.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:30 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,581 times
I so do love Campbell when he uses the Bible to disprove evolution, but uses evolution to prove the Bible.

What a wacky guy!

Old 11-21-2010, 10:59 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,006,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
I so do love Campbell when he uses the Bible to disprove evolution, but uses evolution to prove the Bible.

What a wacky guy!
Verbal and mental gymnastics takes some serious skills.

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 11-21-2010 at 11:12 AM..

Old 11-21-2010, 11:29 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Lets see now....That fossil was found in 95 million year old deposits....Creation supposedly happened when?....Seems to me more like you have disproven at least the time of creationism and exposed yet another biblical error....Great find Campbell.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:29 AM

465 posts, read 528,841 times
What's funny is that in his own link, it talks about fossils being millions of years old which contradicts his young earth belief.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:31 AM

465 posts, read 528,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Lets see now....That fossil was found in 95 million year old deposits....Creation supposedly happened when?....Seems to me more like you have disproven at least the time of creationism and exposed yet another biblical error....Great find Campbell.
LOL...we posted at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality