Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:57 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,328,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
You are responding to:

Originally Posted by agnostic soldier
This is christian propaganda. Hitler didn't turn any hatred toward the religious.

What does Buddhism have to do with his post?
I'm saying that Jews are Jews by virtue of a common faith tradition and faith based history. Jews don't go in much for other religions because they usually already have a religion. Hitler targeted, among others to be sure, Jews who identified themselves by their 5,000+ year old religious faith. Hitler was raised a Roman Catholic, enjoyed singing in the choir as a kid. No truly good Catholic is anti-Semitic, but it would be foolhardy to try and deny anti-Semitism among them or any other group of people who self-identify by faith. Hitler may have learned his anti-Semitism from his parents based their intolerance of relgious differences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 11:00 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Yes, it looks that way. However, I don't blame religion. I blame evolution.

Yep. While I accept that evolution is real, I also know that the natural instinct to outcompete the other communities leads to the practice of overunning the other lot, occupying their lands, exterminating the men or reducing them to serfdom and taking their women and adding them to your gene pool.

Thus genocide is an evolved instinct and so is the rationalisations we use to justify it: patriotism or religious superiority.

Just think of the advantages we have with a genocide operation where the assurance that this is what God wants us to do completely blanks out any moral qualms we may have.

Natural selection in action, folks. I may believe it but I don't have to like it. Nor do we have to do it. We can think, we can reason. We can do better, and we must.
I do not think in those terms...but I agree we could do better!
If the word of God, and his laws and precepts were known and undertaken by all...Then a true Christianity would arise!

Because it is not practiced correctly by any of those claiming to be Christians...it fails!

So can we do better?....if Christ held the First testement as the word of God...then we all should pay more attention to it...As Jesus did do all of the instructions, and requirements God asked of him/us..."to tend and keep, be sinless, and put back what was taken by those who brought death onto the human condition in the first place...not taking or using any IDOLS...and teaching some who would listen...

Yes there was no Killing by his hand..at that time...infact Jesus raised some of the dead back to life....or so it was said he did...

So...if we follow what Jesus was harping on about....the IDOL...and them making a den of sinners, evildoers, robbers, and thieves....we find the same thread of stupidity running throughout the historic accountings of the Human condition....why?...well take that IDOL that makes people deluded into believing they need it to have, what God said he has Given freely to all....are they listening?

So by upholding the IDOL...the creator of wealth in dead things?, and poverty,famine, oppression, incarseration by bent laws, wars, and of course what is born under it as a constant, breaking the second commandment of God...(Sin) lead us into the death senerio....for sin begets death as a constant!

And so how many ways are their to die?...humans seem to make possible so many!/...and yet they only found one way to live?...pay (when it is freely given) using an IDOL God said not to make.....funny lines of paradoxes, along with the mutations I Guess is what Humans want, along with more woes, and more wrath...because of it going the wrong way.....eh?.

genocide is a tactic used by those who deem that "Might makes right"...

Not something Jesus taught...meek and mild...with the truth...makes Edens possible when sowing all seed freely for all living things, and to climatize the planet and filter the waters , air and soils...who would listen!..who is listening?

And that is all Jesus said...listen...then FOLLOW ME and DO...as I have done....sow the seeds, feed the birds, and tend to the living....

These simple instructions...make the foundations of a good moral and ethical World estate of Sharing....for Jesus shares Like God..." I give you everything"...when taken with thanks! and caring for all the living....which is perfections according to GOD who made them all living...

See no money is asked for in that estate God made......so in order to gain the free Gifts OF God, and Christ...WE THE People, should conform to sowing more seeds, and being sinless and sharing in all things.....so they can preform the miracle of multiplying out those things...abundantly, to those who do and listen and comply to all of what God has asked...making the lands abundantly giving and holy sound, and tame!....amen?
and when we do, they do for us what we cannot do for ourselves...So a ying and yang effect comes into play.

Mathew 6:24...You cannot serve two masters...God and Money...cause they are opposites....God makes life and shares it....money makes profits to destroy it..../those who do not have it....cannot live?

of course those who use the idol do not see how demented the other side of it is.....As you already know about Genocide, war, hatred due to jealousy,covetting what is not theirs, but take it by force....and of course all the evils and sins being done in those systems right now!....for lies and liars are now sitting on most nations using the IDOL...and even the IDOL is lying about its true value....and as someone said many moons ago....ALL LIES COME FROM SATAN!
And the ingrave value on the money...is not its true value by the systems own hand and word....and all life is subjected to or under a false value, and sacrificed for that IDOL...Profits...

Lies and liars ...are the opposite Prophetic truths of that...

Freetrade?...(Prohibition of certain plants, proves other wise)

Freedom and liberty for all?..(if they imprison people than it is not for all, only for some)

In God we trust?...(if they did trust in God, then what is shared by God would be shared by all)

Constitutions of liberties and freedoms?...(taken away when they deem it necessary...using their underhandedness, lies, and liars)

Now only a true Christian would understand that that is a bunch of bulloni....eh?

And Yet the taxed hand is in support of it......why?

Not too many bright lightbulbs in the bunch these days...wonder why?...Because they slaughtered or are now slaughtering, and or are now oppressing or imprisoning all the true Christians....right?

Last edited by Sir Les; 01-16-2011 at 11:57 AM..

Old 01-16-2011, 11:03 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,046,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
It seems that when a different group of people do not believe in your God, it is very easy for people to feel that that group is somehow sub-human. Look at how European Christians looked at Jews, it's obvious how seeing them as inferior due to their religion could morph into seeing them as inferior for their facial structure. Same as the Armenian Genocide, from what I've read, the Armenians were killed because they were Christian and the Turks were Islamic.

When the Europeans came to the New World, it probably wouldn't be hard on their conscience to slaughter any Indians who didn't convert to Christ that got in their way.

Genocides happen because of political, ethnic, and religious reasons.

Certainly there is historical genocides that were brought about in the name of Christianity.

But there are genocides going on in the modern age that do not come from Christianity but Islam.

Any time you have the belief you are right and every one else is wrong it is easy to move to seeing them as inferior and then you can take it even further to making them less then human.

It is easy to kill people that you see as animals.

To say this does not happen or did not historically happen is to ignore the truth.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:29 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,574,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
This is christian propaganda. Hitler didn't turn any hatred toward the religious.
It depends on what you mean. Did he want to rid Germany of religion or religious people? No he didn't. Or at least there's no evidence of that. Did he persecute many religious people or groups he deemed disloyal to the Reich? Yes, pretty much.

I think the Jehovah's Witnesses would certainly count. As would many of the "Confessing Christians" and those in the "priest trials."

A concise history of the Third Reich - Google Books

The lure of fascism in western ... - Google Books

For the soul of the people ... - Google Books

And the witnesses were silent: the ... - Google Books

I didn't link to anything on JW because I think their persecution is pretty well-known and accepted.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I'm saying that Jews are Jews by virtue of a common faith tradition and faith based history. Jews don't go in much for other religions because they usually already have a religion. Hitler targeted, among others to be sure, Jews who identified themselves by their 5,000+ year old religious faith. Hitler was raised a Roman Catholic, enjoyed singing in the choir as a kid. No truly good Catholic is anti-Semitic, but it would be foolhardy to try and deny anti-Semitism among them or any other group of people who self-identify by faith. Hitler may have learned his anti-Semitism from his parents based their intolerance of relgious differences.

I am sorry I still do not understand what Buddhism has to do with the conversation or whether Jews took part in other religions. Sure in the modern world there are Jews who are Buddhist and there are Jews who go to the UU. Usually those Jews still celebrate their Jewishness. They certainly can be buddhist and attend a UU and still keep their religion.

But prior to WW2 no matter how Jews tried to assimilate into Much of European society it was difficult because of the anti-semitism. And prior to the emancipation of Jews from the Ghettos they were forced to live in closed societies.

The treatment of Jewish people in history is why we tend to still be very insular. We have learned that we can always count on other Jews and we cannot always count on the rest of the world.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:17 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,684,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Both the Jews and the Catholics were targeted by Hitler--but since I'm neither one of them, I don't really care about that.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Both the Jews and the Catholics were targeted by Hitler--but since I'm neither one of them, I don't really care about that.

Then how about caring because they were human beings and you are too.

We should always care when people are exterminated because of what they are.

Care and compassion is necessary for human life.

"First they came…" is a famous statement attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. The text of the quotation is usually presented roughly as follows:

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:57 AM

you assume far too much...

Old 01-17-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
you assume far too much...

How so?

Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 AM

Well, either care and compassion aren't necessary for human life...or I'm not human.

Take your pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality