Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:41 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Be Honest
The thread title is short and will easily fit on the victim card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 04:05 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Why would I be at war with Christianity? It writes me off as a 'non-believer,' and has spent a fair amount of the last two millennia trying to exterminate my ancestors. I wish it nothing but the worst...but I'm hardly 'at war' with it.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:06 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post

FOX is the #1 cable news channel in the US - so you do the math
I have, and it is similar to the math that makes McDonald's the #1 restaurant in the US...

Old 02-04-2011, 05:30 PM

419 posts, read 868,512 times
Christianity is no friend of mine, though I wouldn't go so extreme as to call it warfare. Really, though, how can I have respect for a religion that has caused so much needless destruction throughout history and even today? How can I trust its followers to do good by me, an unbeliever? Until Christians are ready to take life at face value and find brotherhood in all of mankind (instead of putting supernatural faith first), peace is not going to happen.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:57 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,546 times
according to most christians im just a devil worshiper,since i beleive that g~od is not lim ited to only one form,-the abrahamic God,but ill tolerate their hatred or maybe thats too strong a word,o.k. ignorance towards other cultures,ill tolerate the fact that most of them think and have no problem with me and most of the world burning in hell forever,ill tolerate the fact that while they speak learned words they certainly dont live up to the mark of being pure beings that has God consioussness bursting from their hearts,although they say they do,,,ill tolerate anything that comes from ignorance as long as they dont bring war to my door,then this warrior can and will have peace and peacfull debate with all of them if they want.

in saying that i have met alot of christians on this site that seem to be coming out of the doctrines that seemed so radical and out of place with a God of good nature,and i have alot of respect for alot of them,i think most christians are just brainwashed with fear and false hope.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:21 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Not at war with, simply defending my freedoms from the nonsense of those that wish to impose their religious fantasies into the lives of everyone.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:47 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaida View Post
Christianity is no friend of mine, though I wouldn't go so extreme as to call it warfare. Really, though, how can I have respect for a religion that has caused so much needless destruction throughout history and even today? How can I trust its followers to do good by me, an unbeliever? Until Christians are ready to take life at face value and find brotherhood in all of mankind (instead of putting supernatural faith first), peace is not going to happen.
Christian societies were either not worse than others or there's little difference.

The Pre-Christian Romans would wipe out entire peoples, enslave countless others, rape children, and destroy artistic masterpieces. The Chinese, whose culture I greatly respect, had: witch-hunts, massive rebellions that killed millions, grand persecutions under the T'ang, and mass-suicides over fear of Mongols. The Aztecs sacrificed thousands to their gods and the Mayas lived in almost incessant inter-city warfare. The Incas made drums from the skin of their enemies and several African peoples killed anyone born a twin.

Two of the most Christian nations of Europe (Cyprus and Malta) are no more murderous than the secular Dutch and barely have a higher homicide rate than the Swedes. The Poles have a lower homicide rate than the French and significantly lower than their highly atheist neighbors the Czechs.

International Human Development Indicators - UNDP

The US is murderous and religious, but much of this can be traced to the great inequities and cultural issues of my homeland of the South. Several religious states outside the South (Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Utah) are not particularly violent. Although Kansans come close to being fairly violent, Utah and North Dakota look to have a murder rate similar to Luxembourg or Belgium. Nebraska and South Dakota are more in the range of Finland, which is murderous for Europe.

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center
Mississippians Go to Church the Most; Vermonters, Least

Also Christianity comes in many denominations. Most Anabaptist groups, the Molokans, and the Moravians are pacifists. The Assyrian churches are victims for most of their history, not persecutors.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:38 AM

1,513 posts, read 1,624,286 times
Is anyone else annoyed by people who start a discussion thread and then disappear?

Old 02-05-2011, 03:35 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
Is anyone else annoyed by people who start a discussion thread and then disappear?
they probly dont even read the threador at least the whole thread.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:25 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Be Honest
The real question should be: "Why have Christians started wars killing so many people over the ages in the name of Religion and the so called church?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality