Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 04:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,559 times

Advertisements

ٌٌٌٌRead this and you will know what is the true religion

Download The Holy Quran [Free] - English | French | German | Russian | Chinese | Spanish | Greek | Indonesian

Just read
I swear this will change your life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 06:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Nope, life hasn't changed. Thats ok, pretty good the way it is.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:54 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
I don't think it is possible for there to be a "true" religion. Truth is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:10 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,991 times
Which chapter in the Quran has helped you the most?

If you asked me that about the Christian Bible, I would say The Sermon on the Mount, which is the Book of Matthew, chapters 5 thru 7.

All I know about the Quran is verse 4:34.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,559 times
First, please, does not mean that Muslims are bad people that Islam is a bad religion.
It is very clear that all you know about Islam is from the newspapers and the media.
So Read first about Islam and then judge.

If I went to the people hate you and I told him to talk to me about you, it is certain that they will say bad things about you,
this is what happened with you, Islam arrived to you by people who hate Islam(perhaps by ignorance).

This is not something difficult, you have the mind and can distinguish between right and wrong.
All I ask you to forget what you hear about Islam and read about from the correct sources.
just read and then you will find replies for all of your questions:
Wathakker
islamway.com
Islam Guide: A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam, Muslims, & the Quran

Old 02-27-2011, 05:46 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
I have no quarrel with any religion. That doesn't mean that I must embrace it, only that I set myself apart from it.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:49 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
I've read portions of the Quran, just like I've read portions of the bible.

I'm still happily agnostic and I highly doubt that reading either book in it's entirety would change my mind.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:58 PM

509 posts, read 1,262,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusive4allah View Post
First, please, does not mean that Muslims are bad people that Islam is a bad religion.
It is very clear that all you know about Islam is from the newspapers and the media.
So Read first about Islam and then judge.

If I went to the people hate you and I told him to talk to me about you, it is certain that they will say bad things about you,
this is what happened with you, Islam arrived to you by people who hate Islam(perhaps by ignorance).

This is not something difficult, you have the mind and can distinguish between right and wrong.
All I ask you to forget what you hear about Islam and read about from the correct sources.
just read and then you will find replies for all of your questions:
Wathakker
islamway.com
Islam Guide: A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam, Muslims, & the Quran
You know, maybe some people might be open to learning about Islam just to have a working knowledge of it, but because you wrote in your title "the true religion", I think it has turned off the majority of people here to even give it a chance to learn something new.
Although I know that Islam itself has probably good teachings, I just can't understand how it demeans women. I know that in some Muslim countries women do have a lot more freedoms than in other Muslim countries, but it still just seems very restrictive and not what we here in the United States would accept.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:15 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Ok I read it. Did not find the punch line........really, you should refine your jokes better before you try them on real people
You know what I mean, I'm not being serious; it is Subjective and generally hard to know which is the true religion. But most importantly the religions have possibly made progress to trueness because we have realized that the simplification of helping All the people is to be confronted by many new elements of personal acceptance and love and conscience.

The true religion may be collectively inspired, and I felt for much of this concern in the web site that it was a failing circumstance in Christianity. We would need too much to question. Christianity has to wait for much light to realize it's balance between collectivism and individualism.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:25 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I've read portions of the Quran, just like I've read portions of the bible.

I'm still happily agnostic and I highly doubt that reading either book in it's entirety would change my mind.
same here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality