Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 11:29 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,222,233 times

Advertisements

The majority of atheists come from theistic homes and backgrounds, there is no way in hell we would follow a deer leeder coming out of a theistic background.

Being ex christian, I am not looking to join a group of peers as my religiosity or lack thereof does not really influence my interactions with other people but then again where I live, we do not have folk injecting "is god not great" into every frigging conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 12:26 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,440,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
but then again where I live, we do not have folk injecting "is god not great" into every frigging conversation.
Well ive lived in maryland,west virginia,florida,montana,and wyoming in my 48 years and haven't lived anywhere that people 'inject God into every frigging conversation'either.Perhaps its the circles i travel in but I doubt its as big a problem most places in the United States as some make it out to be.For that matter even when i'm having conversations with people at church I would say that 90% of them involve cars,kids,jobs,vacations,politics,etc,not much different then when i'm not in church.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,314,323 times
My neighborhood has a community council that has an idea where the neighborhood want to go and what we would like to see.

It has absolutely nothing to do with any religious bs. Because that's all religion is, divisive bs.
It's quackery, nothing to do with any type of reality, there's no proof of any of it.
It's simply divisive with bullies running around yelling my god can beat up your god.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 AM

63,930 posts, read 40,202,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's simply divisive with bullies running around yelling my god can beat up your god.
Religions are only one type of zealot group. There are "my no God is the only acceptable God in our society" bullies too, chielgirl.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:35 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,384,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I'm not playing a "Yes I did...Nope. You didn't....Yes. I did...Nope. You didn't", game. That's for kiddies.
Well as I said before to you, if you want to return to the topic of the thread I am here for you. If you want to keep making personal comments about me... I am not. When you want to stop using ad hominem and go back to the topic of the thread please do, and I will reply as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality