Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which afterlife?
We become worm food, majority atheist viewpoint 17 50.00%
orthodox Christian view, heaven and hell but only about 5% make it to heaven, the rest burn in hell 6 17.65%
We are reincarnated indefinitely, or until we reach nirvana 8 23.53%
our spirits roam the earth until the end of the universe 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 09:39 AM

741 posts, read 1,287,970 times

Advertisements

I also HOPE that after I die I'm not wearing something embarrassing. I really can't afford to die right now, I really want to trim down a few pounds before anyone starts processing my body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 12:31 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
I hope to be non-existent upon death and I'm perfectly OK with that. However, I rarely get what I hope for so why should after-death be any different?

I will say that I do not believe any of the other scenarios you offered as possibilities.

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 04-19-2011 at 12:41 PM..

Old 04-19-2011, 01:06 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This isn't what you BELIEVE happens, and what your science book or holy book teaches you, but what you truly hope, within your heart, will happen once the silver chord is cut.

edit: I left out Universalism because I thought it would be too popular, lol.
Many of you will be finding out that #2 is the only choice you will be having in this life. Make one or the other. It's kind of ironic how most atheist chose becoming wormfood when the Bible says that is exactly what happens to people in Hell. Except your actually alive to witness and feel it. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or hateful but I just find that interesting how Atheist truly believe that is their destiny. I don't understand how one goes through life like that. Then what exactly is the point of life? Accomplishing anything, doing something positive, or helping out your fellow man if your going to be wormfood anyway? If your life has no meaning or purpose other than to eventually die and become wormfood, what is the point of living? I hear crickets because scientist nor evolution can explain that one.

You can't appreciate anything this life has to offer if you don't acknowledge a creator and your eternal destiny after this life is over. One can't stare at the marvels of the Grand Canyon and think to themselves it just came to be and is beautiful. No. God created it all and he is the one who is beautiful because he choose make something so beautiful for us to look at and explore. I can't look at any majestic landscape on Earth without acknowledging God because it's ridiculous to assume no one created it. On other planets, the atmosphere is toxic and there's nothing but rocks and poisonous liquid that exist. On Earth, there is an abundance of life and a perfect atmosphere for life to function and continue. There are beautiful natural landscapes and climates that exist. Mountains, beaches, rain forest, lagoons, islands, artic climates, tropical, dry, etc. That is evidence that everything was created specifically here for us. It didn't just come about by ridiculous chances. It was all created. And we all have a soul and eternal destination to go to after it's all over. Make your choice where you will go.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't understand how one goes through life like that. Then what exactly is the point of life? Accomplishing anything, doing something positive, or helping out your fellow man if your going to be wormfood anyway? If your life has no meaning or purpose other than to eventually die and become wormfood, what is the point of living? I hear crickets because scientist nor evolution can explain that one.

You can't appreciate anything this life has to offer if you don't acknowledge a creator and your eternal destiny after this life is over. One can't stare at the marvels of the Grand Canyon and think to themselves it just came to be and is beautiful. No. God created it all and he is the one who is beautiful because he choose make something so beautiful for us to look at and explore. I can't look at any majestic landscape on Earth without acknowledging God because it's ridiculous to assume no one created it. On other planets, the atmosphere is toxic and there's nothing but rocks and poisonous liquid that exist. On Earth, there is an abundance of life and a perfect atmosphere for life to function and continue. There are beautiful landscapes and nations. Mountains, beaches, rain forest, lagoons, islands, etc. That is evidence that everything was created specifically here for us. It didn't just come about by ridiculous chances. It was all created. And we all have a soul and eternal destination to go to after it's all over. Make your choice where you will go.
There is no proof of a god or gods. I live my life with plenty of purpose without a belief in god. I enjoy the many beauties life and this earth have to offer.

Your post is nothing more than your opinion, it has no basis in reality whatsoever.

Just because you can't understand life without god or religious beliefs does not make it true for everyone.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:30 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
There is no proof of a god or gods. I live my life with plenty of purpose without a belief in god. I enjoy the many beauties life and this earth have to offer.

Your post is nothing more than your opinion, it has no basis in reality whatsoever.

Just because you can't understand life without god or religious beliefs does not make it true for everyone.
Lol. Oh wow! Tell me how you really feel!

Well, your going to face your eternal destiny one way or another whether you like it or not. We all do once we hit that death bed. That when ish becomes real.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:36 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This isn't what you BELIEVE happens, and what your science book or holy book teaches you, but what you truly hope, within your heart, will happen once the silver chord is cut.

edit: I left out Universalism because I thought it would be too popular, lol.
I hope I'm in Heaven with all the others I love.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Lol. Oh wow! Tell me how you really feel!

Well, your going to face your eternal destiny one way or another whether you like it or not. We all do once we hit that death bed. That when ish becomes real.
And you may find once you're dead that there was no magical happy-ever-after-playing-musical-flutes-for-jesus

Old 04-21-2011, 11:13 AM

430 posts, read 583,298 times
Quote:
Many of you will be finding out that #2 is the only choice you will be having in this life. Make one or the other. It's kind of ironic how most atheist chose becoming wormfood when the Bible says that is exactly what happens to people in Hell. Except your actually alive to witness and feel it. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or hateful but I just find that interesting how Atheist truly believe that is their destiny. I don't understand how one goes through life like that. Then what exactly is the point of life? Accomplishing anything, doing something positive, or helping out your fellow man if your going to be wormfood anyway? If your life has no meaning or purpose other than to eventually die and become wormfood, what is the point of living? I hear crickets because scientist nor evolution can explain that one.

You can't appreciate anything this life has to offer if you don't acknowledge a creator and your eternal destiny after this life is over. One can't stare at the marvels of the Grand Canyon and think to themselves it just came to be and is beautiful. No. God created it all and he is the one who is beautiful because he choose make something so beautiful for us to look at and explore. I can't look at any majestic landscape on Earth without acknowledging God because it's ridiculous to assume no one created it. On other planets, the atmosphere is toxic and there's nothing but rocks and poisonous liquid that exist. On Earth, there is an abundance of life and a perfect atmosphere for life to function and continue. There are beautiful natural landscapes and climates that exist. Mountains, beaches, rain forest, lagoons, islands, artic climates, tropical, dry, etc. That is evidence that everything was created specifically here for us. It didn't just come about by ridiculous chances. It was all created. And we all have a soul and eternal destination to go to after it's all over. Make your choice where you will go.
Actually, you only hear crickets because you've deeply preconditioned your mind to only hear what you want to hear. My total absence of faith in some impossible fairytale Creator, especially given the current and growing loads of evidence to the contrary, coupled with the total lack of evdience "for" your particular God, leaves my mind completely open to explore all the options, without having to force-hammer the "round evidence" that we can all easily observe in this world through the "square hole" of doctrinary religion. So what about all those edges that get knocked off, huh?

I feel immensely sorry for you and your self-imposed limitations. You know, the ones we atheists don't have to labor under. As well, you also cannot read the OP; you just like to proselytize. It's so predictable when a Christian's feathers are ruffled.

The OP asked what you'd LIKE to have happen after you die, not how off-base atheists are, in your never humble opinion. Oh well; at least your responses are predictable.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:08 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Hey GOT, this will be your 72 virgins
Hey as long as they are my personal slaves and I get to tell them what to do, I'll make it work somehow. But they'll be virgins pretty much for all eternity.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:51 PM

659 posts, read 1,101,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Hey, where the heck is the "Get 70 virgins" option?!?
No thanks, not too interested in virgins. Now 72 naughty ladies who've been around a little and have learned some good moves? That I could go for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality