Originally Posted by MrClose
An All Powerful God also means that the same God would have complete control of that power.
Yes, God "Can" know all things .. past, present and future 'but' Just because he "Can" does not mean that he always chooses to do so.
As far as disease, dying and whatever befalls us as humans .. That all came about when we sinned in the Garden of Eden.
(The act of Taking of the fruit of knowledge of what is Good and Bad was rebellion .. saying that WE can decide for ourselves!)
Basically, we told God that we could control our own lives without his help!
(WE would decided what was Good and Bad)
From that moment on .. He (God) has allowed us the time (and freedom) to prove it.
(Isn't working out too well .. is it?)
The best part is He still gave us the choice as a perfect Father He also allowed us to receive the consequences of our choice then and now and throughout history. The uncertainties and vissitudes of our existence do not in any manner contradict the concept of the universal sovereignty of God:
1) How do we learn of courage? By being reared in an environment which necessitates grappling with hardships and disappointments.
2) To learn faith. Then must the mind of man find itself in the troublesome predicament where it knows ever less than it can believe.
3) To learn truth. Then man must grow up in a world where error is present and falsehood always possible.
4) To learn loyalty. Then one must carry on amid possibilities of betrayl and desertion.
5) To learn humility & unselfishness. Man could not dynamically choose divine life and God's kingdom if there were no self to forsake or as you say "We control" our own lives. Man could never lay hold on righteousness if there were no potential evil to exalt and differentation of good to contrast.
God is PERSONAL. He exercises a soverign will, experiences self-consciuosness of divinity, executes the mandates of a creative mind, pursues the satisfaction of the realization of an eternal purpose, and manifests a Father's love and affection for ALL His universe children.
God the Father loves men; God the Son serves men; God the Spirit inspires the children of the universe to the ever-ascending adventure of finding God the Fther by the ways ordained by God the Son through the ministry of the grace of God the Spirit.
A plan so much bigger than puny little me that it is beyond my humble comprehension. I can only rely on faith in His guidance in my search for truth.
"Oh Lord I am not worthy to enter under your roof but speak the word and my soul shall be healed."