Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:34 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Jesus represents an idea. He was a living embodiment of a phylosophy. If you do not have faith in the phylosophy he represents, you will miss out on life eternal. Simple as that. If you lie about Jesus, you are damning people from ever living within the phylosophy of life eternal, or the phylosophy Jesus embodies, AND you block people from knowing the compassion of God. It's actually a pretty serious thing to speak lies about him. It's actually a pretty horrible injustice for all parties involved to have people fall away from God's intended love by lying about Jesus, if you think about it.
Who is lying about Jesus????????

This is exactly what we've been saying....you have to LIVE IT...it's a WAY OF LIFE...you'll get nowhere just yacking about Jesus and the way he lived...you have to actually show others that YOU ACTUALLY LIVE IT the way he taught us to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 02:34 PM

591 posts, read 641,550 times
One thing you may want to consider too, is like me, some people love Jesus like he is a brother to them. It's disgusting to have people talk trash about him. THe passion some people have about the issue is all about their love and devotion to a beloved brother. What if someone talked about your beloved brother as if he was a liar, and who never suffered? Around my house, he is family.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post

This is exactly what we've been saying....you have to LIVE IT...it's a WAY OF LIFE...you'll get nowhere just yacking about Jesus and the way he lived...you have to actually show others that YOU ACTUALLY LIVE IT the way he taught us to.

People speaking the truth about Jesus is not "yacking".

Old 05-01-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
People speaking the truth about Jesus is not "yacking".
Sure it is....if the person speaking is not actually LIVING IT...it's just alot of NOISE.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:

ALL of Islam teaches that Jesus was a false prophet who lied about who he was, and decieved people into making them THINK he was crucified. All atheists have the wrong idea about him. A lot of people claim he never even existed, much less believe in the messages he brings. I could go on.... You want to talk about people "yacking", what about all the lies people tell of Jesus, dragging his good name and legacy through the mud? I don't care if you are a murderer, if you speak out the truth about Jesus, you will get an "Amen" out of me.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
ALL of Islam teaches that Jesus was a false prophet who lied about who he was, and decieved people into making them THINK he was crucified. All atheists have the wrong idea about him. A lot of people claim he never even existed, much less believe in the messages he brings. I could go on.... You want to talk about people "yacking", what about all the lies people tell of Jesus, dragging his good name and legacy through the mud? I don't care if you are a murderer, if you speak out the truth about Jesus, you will get an "Amen" out of me.
Thank you...you just beautifully PROVED MY POINT. This attitude is a perfect example of what's wrong with some Christians and why nonbelievers run the other way.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Thank you...you just beautifully PROVED MY POINT. This attitude is a perfect example of what's wrong with some Christians and why nonbelievers run the other way.
I would not be tolerating a murderer by agreeing with one because he spoke the truth about something. Just because we all agree whith a murderer about the sky being blue doesn't mean we should all tolerate murder.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:

Tolerating evil is what Islam does. It is in the Koran and other "holy books" that spells out Muhammad as an unrepentant violent bigot, mass murderer, thief, rapist, and a prdophile, and all of Islam LOVES and gives him all the faith in the world with a "We should be like him", attitude. Talk about being hypocritical..

Last edited by Ball Pean; 05-01-2011 at 04:14 PM..

Old 05-02-2011, 12:12 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
One thing you may want to consider too, is like me, some people love Jesus like he is a brother to them. It's disgusting to have people talk trash about him. THe passion some people have about the issue is all about their love and devotion to a beloved brother. What if someone talked about your beloved brother as if he was a liar, and who never suffered? Around my house, he is family.
..and Muslims feel the same about Allah so perhaps you might like to go back and read your vehement anti -Islam posts and consider THEIR feelings when they read what you write. You demand respect for your beliefs whilst not being prepared to give to others what you demand should be given to you. We call that hypocrisy.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
..and Muslims feel the same about Allah so perhaps you might like to go back and read your vehement anti -Islam posts and consider THEIR feelings when they read what you write. You demand respect for your beliefs whilst not being prepared to give to others what you demand should be given to you. We call that hypocrisy.
This is the type of behavior I am expressly talking about. Christianity claims to be the superior religion and yet there are very few "Christians" who actually do what their holy books tells them to do. There are just as many hardcore fundamentalist Christians as there are Muslims...fanatics are DANGEROUS no matter what religion they adhere to...the Westboro crew is a perfect example of that...and they are living so far from the TRUTH of what Jesus taught it isn't even worth going into. Not ALL Muslims are terrorists...there are many who want to live in peace just as we do.

If you cannot respect, love and live in harmony and peace with others because their beliefs are different from yours...how can you expect them to respect, love and live in harmony and peace with yours. Don't you understand that this is the entire goal of religions...all religions???

Christians completely lose all credibility regarding their beliefs when they spout this disprespectful nonsense...this is not what Jesus taught us to do...so again I ask this question: Why is Jesus completely ignored???????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality