Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 06:54 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,228,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Just a note. I do not believe SuperSoul is a homophobe. I was addressing someone who thought she may be.
So why did you think I was gay or bi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 07:00 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,026,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I truly don't understand how a person can actually worship and follow a religion that so despises gay people? I was so naive in the past and thought that religion wanted people to love everybody and now I realize that Christianty is more about hating others than anything else How can anybody actually continue to follow this and live with yourself?
Christianity is a religion of creation. Gay is an antithesis to this religion, seed death is an absolute. This God supposedly produced everything so that it could replicate it's on kind; seed within seed that should endure survival.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
So why did you think I was gay or bi?
Thou protest too much. And the anger in which you've attacked SuperSoul.

I only took the opportunity to ask you after you asked her to confess to being a homophobe.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:38 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,228,981 times
Quote:
Thou protest too much. And the anger in which you've attacked SuperSoul.

I only took the opportunity to ask you after you asked her to confess to being a homophobe.
So being opposed to homophobes is the new gay then I guess?

There is no valid reason to be homophobic, if anything is choice, choosing to not be homophobic is one that actually works and is real.

All other platitudes folk make are merely to put up a front for their homophobia. I now live in a society where that creature has gone the way of the dodo bird. The gays have all the rights they ever wanted, homophobia in the form of hate speech is unconstitutional and we really do not hear from them anymore. They blend in in the workplace, they live next door to folks and no one gives a hoot, my backdoor neighbors are lesbian and no, I have not even peeked over the fence.

Some gay guys do the effeminate speech thing but usually speak normally, they just do it in jest or to pee someone off.

20 years ago, we were very homophobic society and of course the gay parades were a standoff between them and the bible thumpers. The gay pride parade these days are toned down and they are mostly attended by the transvestites in their gory dresses, gets about a 1 minute airtime on the news. There used to be riots and the cops keeping the gays and bible thumpers at bay, then we had plenty airtime, follow up prosecutions, articles in the newspapers, columns for and against, letters to the editors, now it is just a meh, whatever and folk carry on with their daily lives.

There is no gay agenda and they simply faded into the crowd as I have said.

The laws protect everyone regardless of their sexual orientation. There are rare cases of kids being kicked out of their homes by parents b/c they come out, it is no longer a SHAME.

The churches do not have to marry them and are within their constitutional rights to deny them this.

If that is seen as too much protesting then so be it.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
So being opposed to homophobes is the new gay then I guess?

There is no valid reason to be homophobic, if anything is choice, choosing to not be homophobic is one that actually works and is real.

All other platitudes folk make are merely to put up a front for their homophobia. I now live in a society where that creature has gone the way of the dodo bird. The gays have all the rights they ever wanted, homophobia in the form of hate speech is unconstitutional and we really do not hear from them anymore. They blend in in the workplace, they live next door to folks and no one gives a hoot, my backdoor neighbors are lesbian and no, I have not even peeked over the fence.

Some gay guys do the effeminate speech thing but usually speak normally, they just do it in jest or to pee someone off.

20 years ago, we were very homophobic society and of course the gay parades were a standoff between them and the bible thumpers. The gay pride parade these days are toned down and they are mostly attended by the transvestites in their gory dresses, gets about a 1 minute airtime on the news. There used to be riots and the cops keeping the gays and bible thumpers at bay, then we had plenty airtime, follow up prosecutions, articles in the newspapers, columns for and against, letters to the editors, now it is just a meh, whatever and folk carry on with their daily lives.

There is no gay agenda and they simply faded into the crowd as I have said.

The laws protect everyone regardless of their sexual orientation. There are rare cases of kids being kicked out of their homes by parents b/c they come out, it is no longer a SHAME.

The churches do not have to marry them and are within their constitutional rights to deny them this.

If that is seen as too much protesting then so be it.
Having disdains towards something/behaviors does not always equate to phobias.

Last edited by gabfest; 06-28-2011 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: changed aberrance to disdain

Old 06-28-2011, 11:56 AM

33,595 posts, read 37,235,200 times
Quote:
Yes, sometimes it's just bigotry.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, sometimes it's just bigotry.
absolutism=bigotry

Old 06-28-2011, 06:13 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,138,343 times
Quote:
Exactly. Thanks for standing up for me, Gabfest.
I've heard childish attempts to discredit a person by calling them homophobic or in the closet, simply for objecting to harmful homosexual behavior.

I have good friends & family who have homosexual preferences. I've hung out with them - I don't fear them!
I fear harmful illusions that result in harmful consequences of risky sexual behavior.

Here are some reasons I object to homosexual practices...
1. I've had 2 friends die of AIDS & I don't want to see any more death or sickness & I feel the need to shed light on health risks.
2. Homosexuality being inborn is becoming a twisted illusion adopted by too many people - sexual preference is influenced by BOTH biology AND environmental influences (esp. psychology).

Last edited by SuperSoul; 06-28-2011 at 06:22 PM..

Old 06-28-2011, 11:19 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,138,343 times
Not only is sexually risky behavior a concern, but so is the way homosexuality is pushing it's way into the legal system & into others' lives, sometimes imposing "gay rights" over the rights of others.
This especially applies to legally redefining marriage & legalizing gay marriage, which can & has had significantly negative influences, especially on children...

It has been proven over & over that children do best being raised with a mother AND father.
Supporting gay marriage is devaluing mothers & fathers, claiming one or the other is not necessary, when BOTH are.
Children have the RIGHT to be raised by the 2 different, complimentary sexes that created & conceived them.

Children have the right to not be taught homosexuality in school. Yet, in places where gay marriage has been enacted, these rights have been infringed upon.
Freshmen were told not to tell their parents about a pro-gay seminar & were required to sign a confidentiality agreement (Derrfield, Illinois Mar. 2007).
In March, 2007, a Massachusetts high school banned parents from attending a seminar for students on how they can know they are homosexual.
In October, 2008, First graders (6 year-old students) were taken on a field trip to watch their lesbian teacher's wedding.
In Oct 2008, a Hayward CA public elementary school celebrated "Coming Out Day."

Also, others' rights have been infringed upon in favor of supporting gay rights.
In April 2008, an Albuquerque photographer was fined over $6,000 for refusing to be hired to photograph a lesbian couple's commitment ceremony.
In May, 2008, a black administrator was fired from the U of Toledo, Ohio, for writing an editorial objecting to the comparison of black discrimination to same-sex marriage.

An intolerant opponent of Proposition 8 even violently attacked & injured a Proposition supporter in Oct. 2008.

On November 19, 2008, eHarmony, a Christian-based matching service was forced by New Jersey's Division on Civil Rights to provide website matching services for homosexuals.

Redefining marriage is trying to impose a minority's belief on a majority, forcing social acceptance through the legal system & is causing harm to others in the process.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:23 AM

33,595 posts, read 37,235,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Not only is sexually risky behavior a concern, but so is the way homosexuality is pushing it's way into the legal system & into others' lives, sometimes imposing "gay rights" over the rights of others.
How is homosexuality affecting you? It's not, and heterosexual behavior is just at risky

Quote:
This especially applies to legally redefining marriage & legalizing gay marriage, which can & has had significantly negative influences, especially on children...
Bull crap... Do some research.

Quote:
It has been proven over & over that children do best being raised with a mother AND father.
Supporting gay marriage is devaluing mothers & fathers, claiming one or the other is not necessary, when BOTH are.
Children have the RIGHT to be raised by the 2 different, complimentary sexes that created & conceived them.
Total bull crap...You must have pulled this out of your arse... All of the research to date has reached the same unequivocal conclusion about gay parenting: the children of lesbian and gay parents grow up as successfully as the children of heterosexual parents. In fact, not a single study has found the children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged because of their parents' sexual orientation.

Quote:
Children have the right to not be taught homosexuality in school. Yet, in places where gay marriage has been enacted, these rights have been infringed upon.
They are not taught homosexuality..They are taught that gays exist, and the reason they are taught that is to minimize the bigotry against gays.....Kids can be cruel, but then so can the religious, as you are demonstrating in this post.

Quote:
Freshmen were told not to tell their parents about a pro-gay seminar & were required to sign a confidentiality agreement (Derrfield, Illinois Mar. 2007).
So what? How does that effect you, or their parents? Parents do not own their children.
Quote:
In March, 2007, a Massachusetts high school banned parents from attending a seminar for students on how they can know they are homosexual.
What is your point? I think that is a good thing.

Quote:
In October, 2008, First graders (6 year-old students) were taken on a field trip to watch their lesbian teacher's wedding.
In Oct 2008, a Hayward CA public elementary school celebrated "Coming Out Day."
Big deal, gays exist so why would you want to hide that fact? My kids were told about the existence of gays too at an early age, and guess what...They are not bigoted against them, but accept them as equals, unlike you.

Quote:
Also, others' rights have been infringed upon in favor of supporting gay rights.
Wow, what rights have been taken away from heterosexuals?

Quote:
In April 2008, an Albuquerque photographer was fined over $6,000 for refusing to be hired to photograph a lesbian couple's commitment ceremony.
Citation requested.

Quote:
In May, 2008, a black administrator was fired from the U of Toledo, Ohio, for writing an editorial objecting to the comparison of black discrimination to same-sex marriage.
A bigot is fired..That proves what?

Quote:
An intolerant opponent of Proposition 8 even violently attacked &
injured a Proposition supporter in Oct. 2008.
I'm sure there were more attacks on the other side...Bigots can be nasty.

Quote:
On November 19, 2008,
eHarmony, a Christian-based matching service was forced by New Jersey's Division on Civil Rights to provide website matching services for homosexuals.
Good for the New Jersey civil rights people.

Quote:
Redefining marriage is trying to impose a minority's belief on a majority, forcing social acceptance through the legal system & is causing harm to others in the process.
That is how true justice works, otherwise blacks would still be slaves.
Really? Tell me how it harms anyone...

You are not a homophobe....You sir, are a bigot of the highest order, and I despise bigots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality