Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 11:27 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times

Advertisements

you may chose which ever questions you wish. or any comments related to the topic.

what do you think agnosticism is or means?

what is the reason you don't consider or call yourself agnostic?

what are the arguments against agnosticism?

Is there anything we can actually agree on?

what is ultimately true?

what are the emotional, moral, and other lackings of agnostics?

Do you have any credentials and/or evidence for your claims?

I want deep, insightful, and productive argument and disscusion please. I will appreciate all the imput to increase my understanding and maybe even other readers.

The Best, to all who teach and learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 05:03 AM

1,513 posts, read 1,624,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
This one say's it all.

How about this, you show me your "credentials and/or evidence" and I'll show you mine.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:04 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times
Quote:

you may chose which ever questions you wish. or any comments related to the topic.

what is ultimately true?

I want deep, insightful, and productive argument and disscusion please. I will appreciate all the imput to increase my understanding and maybe even other readers.

The Agnostic simply says, "I Don't Know!"

The Militant Agnostic says, "I Don't Know And You Don't Either!"

I'm Agnostic. In my opinion if there is a hereafter and a supreme being we will all be treated the same. One won't have to believe in some ignorant, primitive preacher or prophet or donate his money to some church to achieve anything. That's a fable and a man's tale.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:49 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,894,838 times
I am agnostic and I am atheist.

I am a nontheist in that I do not have a belief in god. I am an epistemological agnostic in that I do not believe we can either prove or disprove the existence of god. I am an atheist in that I estimate the probability of the existence of any type of god existing as extremely low. I am atheist not only because I believe that there is no convincing evidence of god's existence, but because I believe there is evidence that discredits many of the things typically cited as evidence for god's existence, such as the Bible, Quran, fulfilled prophecies, answered prayers, spiritual promptings, near-death experiences, visions, etc.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:27 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,434 times
Quote:

what is ultimately true?

I don't know whether or not a god exists (agnostic), which is why I currently have no belief in one (atheist). I would be open to believing in a god should I be presented with convincing evidence of one/any.

So, are you an agnostic atheist, or agnostic theist? If you are not an atheist, then can you tell more about the god you believe in, and why you believe in it?

Old 05-01-2011, 08:54 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:

what is ultimately true?

Taalk about slanting the questions to get only the answers wanted and trying to eliminate all discussion that you don't want.

Try posting unbiased questions and see what answers you get and you may actually learn something and increase your understanding. What you have here is merely an attempt to make yourself feel better.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
This one say's it all.

How about this, you show me your "credentials and/or evidence" and I'll show you mine.
what sort of credentials or evidence do you think shows the truth of agnosticism of all humanity?
I am mainly concerned with the evidence that shows otherwise

Old 05-01-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
The Agnostic simply says, "I Don't Know!"

The Militant Agnostic says, "I Don't Know And You Don't Either!"

I'm Agnostic. In my opinion if there is a hereafter and a supreme being we will all be treated the same. One won't have to believe in some ignorant, primitive preacher or prophet or donate his money to some church to achieve anything. That's a fable and a man's tale.
Personally the Militant agnostic simply follows with logic to the next best believe. the argument is akin to the "soul" argument. how do you know others have souls? because you assume you have one and then you assume they share that characteristic. Personally I've never heard the word "militant Christian" so I consider Militant to be an insult which comes from fear of discussion. fundamentalist agnostic might be a more accurate term. I'm glad you shared your thoughts on organized religion but I'm more interested in what the evidence and claims against agnosticism are.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 05-01-2011 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: correct spelling from agosticism

Old 05-01-2011, 03:07 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
And a true Native Spiritualist will say: I have a belief in the Creator and believe that all living things have a spirit and what you believe is of no concern to me, for you are entitled to believe as you will.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
I don't know whether or not a god exists (agnostic), which is why I currently have no belief in one (atheist). I would be open to believing in a god should I be presented with convincing evidence of one/any.

So, are you an agnostic atheist, or agnostic theist? If you are not an atheist, then can you tell more about the god you believe in, and why you believe in it?
Though I'll be glad to share my personal opinions based on my experiencing, I am mainly concerned with what anti-agnostics have to say. I concider myself an agnostic agnostic. I see the "chances" as 50/50. heads or tails. yes or no. The Odds I see them as 1/0 or Unknown; especially since theism is very unspecific. I don't know whether or not god(s) exist, so I currently have the belief that I am agnostic.
If there is an all-knowing God, it understands its agnosticism
If there is an all-powerful God, it seems indifferent or unsure or it wants everything the way it is and has been and will be.
If there is an omnibenevolent God, it likely prefers good agnostics and progressives.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 05-01-2011 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: remove the extra "no" and add the odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality