Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:42 PM

436 posts, read 1,174,119 times

Advertisements

So does he exist? is satan realy out there? are demons as realy as you and me? above all do you really really get people possessed with other entities. I am a christain, but my western mind rejects the reality of a devil with his crew actively striving to destroy the Lords plans for my life. personally i dont believe in blaming this devil for the struggles i have, most of them i have concocted. but could it be that i am wrong? that there are other powers at work among us. whats your take on the devil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 02:55 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,265,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothylogan3 View Post
So does he exist? is satan realy out there? are demons as realy as you and me? above all do you really really get people possessed with other entities. I am a christain, but my western mind rejects the reality of a devil with his crew actively striving to destroy the Lords plans for my life. personally i dont believe in blaming this devil for the struggles i have, most of them i have concocted. but could it be that i am wrong? that there are other powers at work among us. whats your take on the devil?
Well, Jesus believed it. Now I've heard theories like, "Well, Jesus was a product of His time and culture. Maybe in His human form, He didn't know any better." or "Well, maybe He didn't really believe that, but He knew the people around in that culture did. So, in effect, he "humored" them and went along with it." Uh...no, that just doesn't ring true about Jesus with me. So ... yes, if Jesus believed in Satan and his minions, then, yes, so do I.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:58 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,040 times
I, like you said , can concote alot of troubles all on my own...if I may point out a book...the ghost and the present darkness..by Frank Perreti..although a work of fiction its shows the parallels IMHO of the work of demonic forces...

and on point number #2..the Bible states that there is a devil, and that he seeks whom he may devour...
also...check out this website..
Ephesians 6:12

and..as KAYKAY said..Jesus was knew there was a devil...and he cast out demons.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:04 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,525 times
No devils or demons, just rotten people. They're very real and sadly, quite numerous. C'est la vie

Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,198,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
No devils or demons, just rotten people. They're very real and sadly, quite numerous. C'est la vie
I wish I could believe that, but I know what I've seen. Demons and evil spirits are real.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:43 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,229,511 times
It has been said that the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist.
I just don’t agree with that. The greatest trick ever pulled is convincing the world that there is no good or evil. That it all is relative.
It is irrelevant if the devil exist or not, what matters is that evil exists and it is real.
But evil itself is impotent and has no power but that which we let it extort from us.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:44 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,525 times
What happened to Kaykay's post? It disappeared?

Old 09-14-2007, 03:46 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,265,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
What happened to Kaykay's post? It disappeared?
I deleted my second post because it sounded ambiguous, like I don't believe in Satan's existence and I do! But I was agreeing with you, Chief, that a lot of what we assign as Satan's fault is really our own carnality.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:47 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,271,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
But evil itself is impotent and has no power but that which we let it extort from us.
Good point!

Old 09-14-2007, 04:48 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,456,617 times
It always made me wonder why those who think they are "possessed" only seem to be of the Catholic faith. Why is it that a Southern Baptist has never needed an exorcism???? Or a Hindu, or a Muslim, or an African Tribesman, or someone of any other religion. Why is the devil picking on the Catholics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality