Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Then let me introduce you to :

■600+ voting scientists of the Creation Research Society (voting
membership requires at least an earned master's degree in a recognized
area of science)...
I don't know what is worse... being told that "scientists" from Creation Research Society must be believed or that I can't challenge them to debate personally on a public stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 09:56 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Of course not, do you go tearing off every time you see a rainbow, looking for the pot of gold at its end? Of course not; reason tells you that it's just a myth.

The myth found in the book of myth has such a hold on society because children are indoctrinated when young minds do not yet possess the intellect, maturity and experience to be critical of their beliefs. Children are extremely susceptible hence make the perfect blank slates for irrational fanatics. This is why religions target children. get them when they are young and immature in order to warp their minds into their religious molds all the while discouraging critical and objective thinking by labeling it as an evil temptation or sinful with devastating emotional and cognitive results for the children.

You would not allow your children to be indoctrinated with drug or sexual propaganda. So why would you allow them to be indoctrinated into irrationality and be emotionally and intellectually crippled?

The damage is crippling and for the majority life long.
The most dangerous and heinous form of religion, is the secular one that has the 'dignity and worth' of a person wrapped up in a one celled pond scum protozoa that burped into existence from dead meaningless chemicals by accident (which even world reknown ATHEIST scientists accurately calculate at a 1 in 10^40,000 th probability...yet, anything but the Creator will suffice) . Now, that is the proverbial rainbow ... a license for people to act as they like/talk as they like/and think as they like since there is no moral law Provider . It is the religion for the one who worships entitle-itis who names himself as his own god with the universe revolving around himself.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
The most dangerous and heinous form of religion, is the secular one...
What exactly is your idea of a "secular religion"? Please expand on that.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yeah, the problem is that the CR don't mind if they buy those qualifications from a diploma mill run by uncredited 'Christian Universities'.

Suspicious Creationist Credentials

No doubt as dubious as the American ICR
Tell that to ALL of our Modern Science Founders who brought you the many conveniences you enjoy which serve to make your life much more enriching .

Old 09-07-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What exactly is your idea of a "secular religion"? Please expand on that.
Atheistic Secular Humanism which virtually every proclaimed Atheist embraces as their worldview.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Atheistic Secular Humanism which virtually every proclaimed Atheist embraces as their worldview.
So your understanding of secularism is limited to atheism. It can't be about respecting all religious beliefs and maintaining your own, can it? Consequently, anti-secularists are marked by the desire to poke their nose into everybody else's personal business.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
So your understanding of secularism is limited to atheism. It can't be about respecting all religious beliefs and maintaining your own, can it? Consequently, anti-secularists are marked by the desire to poke their nose into everybody else's personal business.
Is someone sticking thier nose into someones personal business in this thread ? It appears we are discussing worldviews and which appears more rational, no ? Everyone has a set of religious beliefs...because we ALL surrender to something or someone now dont we ?

Old 09-07-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I don't know what is worse... being told that "scientists" from Creation Research Society must be believed or that I can't challenge them to debate personally on a public stage.
They are only too pleased to challenge you on a Platform. Give Institute for Creation Research (ICR) a phone call and ask for Dr. John Morris or Frank Sherwin , PHD. As an Evidential Christian Apologist , id be happy to debate you in your home town at a local church with the subject matter being : 'Is there a personal theistic Creator' .

Old 09-07-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Is someone sticking thier nose into someones personal business in this thread ?
No. Personal business doesn't belong in a public forum, unless it is made "public" in which case it ain't poking your nose anymore. It is asking for others to participate.

Quote:
It appears we are discussing worldviews and which appears more rational, no ? Everyone has a set of religious beliefs...because we ALL surrender to something or someone now dont we ?
Discussions require an understanding of the subject. It also requires that when you make a claim, you're genuine enough to explain it and answer questions. And when you do, be prepared for others' take on your opinion. I hope you agree on that.

Now, I asked what you meant by secularism. You demonstrated an understanding I had already assumed on you, that it was limited to atheism. That promoting secularism is, by default, atheism. What you fail to see is that secularism, in a society, is about not endorsing a particular religion but leaving it to the individual. However, your take on the idea comes largely from those who want to force their will on everybody else. It is, by definition, poking your nose in others' affairs.

Quote:
They are only too pleased to challenge you on a Platform. Give Institute for Creation Research (ICR) a phone call and ask for Dr. John Morris or Frank Sherwin , PHD. As an Evidential Christian Apologist , id be happy to debate you in your home town at a local church with the subject matter being : 'Is there a personal theistic Creator' .
I would LOVE to. As you should be able to tell, I'm in Dallas area and available practically ANY weekend but the month of October. So, when can I expect? (This page will be saved for reference). Heck, I would let you pick the venue... the more extreme the better.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
No. Personal business doesn't belong in a public forum, unless it is made "public" in which case it ain't poking your nose anymore. It is asking for others to participate.

Discussions require an understanding of the subject. It also requires that when you make a claim, you're genuine enough to explain it and answer questions. And when you do, be prepared for others' take on your opinion. I hope you agree on that.

Now, I asked what you meant by secularism. You demonstrated an understanding I had already assumed on you, that it was limited to atheism. That promoting secularism is, by default, atheism. What you fail to see is that secularism, in a society, is about not endorsing a particular religion but leaving it to the individual. However, your take on the idea comes largely from those who want to force their will on everybody else. It is, by definition, poking your nose in others' affairs.
1. Like i said, whos discussing 'personal' business ?
2. Yes on paragraph 2.
3. I alluded to atheism being infused in Secular Humanism .. and im aware of the larger scope of secularisms ideologies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality