Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 05:51 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Try walking around naked in perfectly good weather and see what happens.
You end up with a nasty sun burn. What's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
We began to wear clothes to control our body heat..It had nothing to do with modesty..Clothes became necessary when humans migrated out of Africa over 100,000 years ago into colder climates. Many humans who live in tropical climates still live naked...That is the ones who are not influenced by the silly Christian notions of "sexual morality".
This.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:26 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Shame has to be learned. Societies that still live naked aren't 'ashamed.' And even among clothed societies, not everyone is ashamed. Go to any beach on a summer day--plenty of people are walking around without showing evidence of shame. And quite a few of them wouldn't be wearing anything at all if the threat of arrest wasn't in the air.
You may be right. Kids don't feel shame any more than they feel God - belief. Perhaps shame has to be taught, like religion. And then you have to get used to being without it without feeling that something is missing.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:35 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,524 times
Go play in the snow naked.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:06 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,779 times
Well, I have to admit, there are a few great arguements here for evolution. But for me, this really makes me that much more thankfull. I know for a fact that I have a personal relationship with God. For 16 years now God has been blowing my mind with His goodness and the very close relationship He has blessed me with. This is something that I cannot prove to you and I will not even try. I could tell you about the countless ways and things He has done but I know it's useless. But when I think about it really makes me that much more thankfull. To think that it could have been possible that I never would have even tried to find Him, through His Son Yahushua, the Messiah - The Lamb. Because I went through Him to find God and earnestly searched for Him and desperately tried to find Him, He has revealed Himself to me personally and even if I wanted to there's absolutely no way I could deny His existence because of Him personally in my life.

So, thank you for giving me some good arguments and proving to me how thankfull I need to be to accually have this relationship with Him.

There are really only two ways that I could help you to realize He is there. You could listen to Enoch and realize that the order of the heavenly creations are in perfect harmony and obviously created by God or you could listen to John, the eyewitness to the entire ministry of the one who healed thousands of people from all thier sickness and deseases and even raised dead people by the word of His command. He is the one we need to listen to, and obey.

The Book of Enoch - Proof In The Heavens (chapter two)

Watchers

Enoch was the one who told Noah to build the boat. Moses made reference to Enoch and said that he didn't die the physical death - he "disappeared", and was caught up to God. He tells us in His book how Satan currupted mankind by revealing weapon technology to us. All of the prophets read the Book of Enoch as well as the Messiah Himself and the early Christian church. Enoch's book is written specifically to "those who will be alive during the great tribulation", the final days of earth.

Enoch would have loved this video:

God of Wonders by Third Day - YouTube

Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Try walking around naked in perfectly good weather and see what happens. There's more to it than that, right?

Like I said earlier, a few monkeys didn't one day say, "hey lets start religion and we need to start wearing clothing because it's not right to walk around naked.
Monkeys didn't start religion, although their cousins (humans) did. Their ability to fear something they couldn't understand properly led to all kinds of "stories" and eventually myths, a belief in a single (or multiple) "micro-manager" of the world. Hence came the religions.

As for clothing, there are tribes that still walk around naked, or minimally clothed as their weather permits. Many, can handle climate conditions that others won't like to dream about. Clothing likely came about as a result of taboos or as ornaments. Humans also shed (most of) the hair off the body, which is often a shield for other creatures from the weather, largely, perhaps due to these practices. Their bodies evolved and adapted accordingly, just as it did for the tribes that chose to live high in the mountains (their lungs and ability to survive in thin air wasn't "instant").

Old 08-29-2011, 08:49 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,918 times
Quote:
And don't you have animals up there in North Dakota who are well equiped for that weather? What's wrong with us? Wouldn't that make us defective ?

Thanks for your input, you don't have to elaborate on your view or belief since I know were not going to see eye to eye on this. I understand and respect what your saying though.
Sure. We call them animals that evolved to deal with cold weather.

Most of these animals developed thick coats of fur (such as bears) or avoid the cold by migrating away for the winters (birds) or living under the ice (fish) or icy ground (reptiles) or perish and are rejuvenated eggs laid the previous year (insects).

One animal simply developed a very large brain/mass ratio, and used that brain to develop clothing (not to mention various ways of externally producing sources of warmth, such as open fires and various other more complicated heating devices).

And you needed this explained to you?

Old 08-29-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
And don't you have animals up there in North Dakota who are well equiped for that weather? What's wrong with us? Wouldn't that make us defective?
Not at all. It just requires us to put on clothing to live in North Dakota in the winter.

You may have noticed that we're also not very good at living:
*At the bottom of the ocean
*On the moon
*Inside active volcanoes

At least not without a great deal of protection (for the first two cases, anyway -- the third one is more problematic).

You appear to be putting forth the idea that it is a flaw in the evolutionary process that there are places where humans cannot live without technology of some sort. How you came up with this particularly weird notion is beyond me.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Well, I have to admit, there are a few great arguements here for evolution. But for me, this really makes me that much more thankfull. I know for a fact that I have a personal relationship with God. For 16 years now God has been blowing my mind with His goodness and the very close relationship He has blessed me with. This is something that I cannot prove to you and I will not even try. I could tell you about the countless ways and things He has done but I know it's useless. But when I think about it really makes me that much more thankfull. To think that it could have been possible that I never would have even tried to find Him, through His Son Yahushua, the Messiah - The Lamb. Because I went through Him to find God and earnestly searched for Him and desperately tried to find Him, He has revealed Himself to me personally and even if I wanted to there's absolutely no way I could deny His existence because of Him personally in my life.

So, thank you for giving me some good arguments and proving to me how thankfull I need to be to accually have this relationship with Him.

There are really only two ways that I could help you to realize He is there. You could listen to Enoch and realize that the order of the heavenly creations are in perfect harmony and obviously created by God or you could listen to John, the eyewitness to the entire ministry of the one who healed thousands of people from all thier sickness and deseases and even raised dead people by the word of His command. He is the one we need to listen to, and obey.

The Book of Enoch - Proof In The Heavens (chapter two)

Watchers

Enoch was the one who told Noah to build the boat. Moses made reference to Enoch and said that he didn't die the physical death - he "disappeared", and was caught up to God. He tells us in His book how Satan currupted mankind by revealing weapon technology to us. All of the prophets read the Book of Enoch as well as the Messiah Himself and the early Christian church. Enoch's book is written specifically to "those who will be alive during the great tribulation", the final days of earth.

Enoch would have loved this video:

God of Wonders by Third Day - YouTube
That's all very nice. And has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that wearing a parka outdoors in North Dakota in January is better than running around in the buff.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:59 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
And don't you have animals up there in North Dakota who are well equiped for that weather? What's wrong with us? Wouldn't that make us defective ?

Thanks for your input, you don't have to elaborate on your view or belief since I know were not going to see eye to eye on this. I understand and respect what your saying though.
O-Ducky....there are many, many animals that aren't equipped for severe cold, not just humans....and it doesn't mean they are "defective"....just different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality