Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:52 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,912,053 times

Advertisements

Red:

Have you participated in a pow-wow? What did you do there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 05:02 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,191,100 times
Actually, the dude with European ancestery is the only one that very hairy. Maybe there is a reason. Did the white guy run around without clothes longer than the others?

think of all the time wasted by whites shaving all that stuff off.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:49 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Similarly, this Human Being believes religious books should be used to develop internal ecstacy in relation with their personal beliefs. Further, these Holy Books should not be used to bash other Human Beings over the head with to bring about a holier than thou Warrior of God A-Team or to justify a terrorist *holy bully* act.
Redbird, I like your thinking! It's unfortunate that so many don't think along the same lines. We, as Human Beings, would be obviously better for it!

Old 08-21-2007, 08:06 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,543,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throx View Post
Dear Human person,

Did God impregnate Mary with his holy seed? In order to make a new religion that condemns other religions to hell?

Just curious,

Throx
Dearest Impregnator Enquiring Mind Human,

LOL. My! Aren't we graphic today. Did you by chance stumble into HolyXXX.com? You have awakened me from my Lortab euphoria.

God from God, Light from Light, True God from True God. The Immaculate Conception is a foundation upon which the christian religion is based.

The big picture is the Human Being's mind wants to connect the dots. If you think about it, the belief in a God is Human Beings way of identifying the who, what, where, when and why, -of his place in the cosmos. How did we get here? Why are we here? What happens when we die? Where do we go? etc. Don't sweat it. You will soon find all the answers or find yourself fading to black.

As for condemnation. Christianity does not have a corner on the market, infidel! Extremism is only a synapse away. Besides, if you don't believe in hell, what are they condemning you to?

Old 08-21-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Red:

Have you participated in a pow-wow? What did you do there?
Yes, He Whose Spirit Dances for Him.
Type and search:

Kiowa Gourd Clan

Carnegie, OK

Old 08-21-2007, 08:44 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,912,053 times
Quote:
Yes, He Whose Spirit Dances for Him.
Type and search:

Kiowa Gourd Clan

Carnegie, OK
Thank you...I'll have some fun over there reading!

Old 08-25-2007, 12:38 AM

122 posts, read 385,342 times
Quote:
Dearest Impregnator Enquiring Mind Human,

LOL. My! Aren't we graphic today. Did you by chance stumble into HolyXXX.com? You have awakened me from my Lortab euphoria.

God from God, Light from Light, True God from True God. The Immaculate Conception is a foundation upon which the christian religion is based.

The big picture is the Human Being's mind wants to connect the dots. If you think about it, the belief in a God is Human Beings way of identifying the who, what, where, when and why, -of his place in the cosmos. How did we get here? Why are we here? What happens when we die? Where do we go? etc. Don't sweat it. You will soon find all the answers or find yourself fading to black.

As for condemnation. Christianity does not have a corner on the market, infidel! Extremism is only a synapse away. Besides, if you don't believe in hell, what are they condemning you to?

A very good point oh wise and human one. Those of us that don't believe in hell should not be bothered by what they are condemning us to. It does bother me, oh great wonder. I consider all people as brothers and sisters, and the condemnation, of any one of them, to a fictitious place, for believing otherwise, is devisive toward my other brothers and sisters.

Infidel? Really human being. I sort of thought that you were above calling people that.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:59 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,279,193 times
Oh Wise Sage, Redbird:

I spent some time reading about the Kiowa Gourd Clan ritual dances. I thus include the following quote, along with a question, beneath:

"A spectator or participant does not necessarily have to know or understand a song or it's origin to feel it's power. If a song is sung well by the drum everyone within or outside of the circle can feel the spirit of a particular song."

June was particularly touched by what she read. She especially liked the fact (as the above-mentioned quote suggests) that individuals who have attended these dances/rituals were able to feel their power, albiet, as an observer. It seemed to imply the power of people coming together, in a spirit of collective acceptance...

Thus, what can you speak to us, here on CD, about UNITY, oh Wise Sage? Do you feel that we are forever destined to feel the division that exists in the hearts and minds of mankind due to individual beliefs? -OR- Does the Wise Sage lean more towards the notion of open acceptance as regards the ultimate mysteries of life, and the observer in all of us remaining open to others within that mystery?

If possible...

Speak to us of UNITY, ACCEPTANCE, oh Wise Sage...Are we here on CD not somehow unified, despite those differences in cultures and beliefs?

With open mind and accepting heart,
June

Take gentle care

Old 08-25-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throx View Post
A very good point oh wise and human one. Those of us that don't believe in hell should not be bothered by what they are condemning us to. It does bother me, oh great wonder. I consider all people as brothers and sisters, and the condemnation, of any one of them, to a fictitious place, for believing otherwise, is devisive toward my other brothers and sisters.

Infidel? Really human being. I sort of thought that you were above calling people that.
Dear Non-infidel Human Being,

I would never call you Infidel, Throx. I merely used that word to illustrate the point that other humans besides christians condemn. P.S. What does Throx mean?

Old 08-25-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Oh Wise Sage, Redbird:

I spent some time reading about the Kiowa Gourd Clan ritual dances. I thus include the following quote, along with a question, beneath:

"A spectator or participant does not necessarily have to know or understand a song or it's origin to feel it's power. If a song is sung well by the drum everyone within or outside of the circle can feel the spirit of a particular song."

June was particularly touched by what she read. She especially liked the fact (as the above-mentioned quote suggests) that individuals who have attended these dances/rituals were able to feel their power, albiet, as an observer. It seemed to imply the power of people coming together, in a spirit of collective acceptance...

Thus, what can you speak to us, here on CD, about UNITY, oh Wise Sage? Do you feel that we are forever destined to feel the division that exists in the hearts and minds of mankind due to individual beliefs? -OR- Does the Wise Sage lean more towards the notion of open acceptance as regards the ultimate mysteries of life, and the observer in all of us remaining open to others within that mystery?

If possible...

Speak to us of UNITY, ACCEPTANCE, oh Wise Sage...Are we here on CD not somehow unified, despite those differences in cultures and beliefs?

With open mind and accepting heart,
June

Take gentle care
Dearest Kindest and Gentlelest June,

Truly, your heart is connected to your mind and your post shows a great compassionate and sensitive soul.

Picture this: A gathering of human beings where the drum represents the heartbeat of Mother Earth and the dancers, such as I, feel my dance is a prayer to the Creator, and while dancing I often pray fervently during the Gourd Dance songs, one can feel a sense of Unity with Creator on a personal level.

On a larger scale at the tribal gathering this feeling can sweep the arena as the spirits of long dead warriors and great grandmothers stand beside us and dance with us! And the red wolf howls reverberate from the throats of men connecting to our ancient tribal ancestors.

This feeling comes from many sources and not by any means from any individual culture or church.

Have you ever sat alone somewhere in nature, a quiet place by the waters where you felt at peace? What is peace? Can any church or religion state they are the sole possessors of peace or Truth? We all share in it. And I believe it is a gift. I also believe it may be innate, because folks that do not believe in a Creator can also feel peace and know Truth.

Unfortunately, we Human Beings also take great pleasure in combat. Be it verbal sword fighting on forums, or physical oppression on national scales. It is the duality of our present state of being. We are physical as well as spiritual. We fight and feel powerful, we pray and feel connected to God. We pray to God to give us victory over our enemies. Double-dipping?

Ever see a pentecost believer with eyes shut, hands raised, praising the Lord, with powerful gospel music raising the crowd to a fever pitch until a powerful feeling overcomes him/her and even sweeps the entire congregation? That is the feeling. Unity with God, with each other.

To foster this move towards enlightenment and peaceful love towards others, one merely has to let go of rampant ego.

So many christian brothers who steadfastly hold to their beliefs often come across as "MY INTERPETATION IS RIGHT G*D@MN YOU! THOU SHALT BURN IN HELL IF THOU ARGUES WITH MY INTERPETATION!" which leads to verbal combat on the CD forum like Obi Wan and Darth Vader with their light sabers.

An elder prays, a sage sits on the mountain top and the CD forum poster each has its own reward. Some get rep points, some peace and tranquility and some get the cute sexy man from Montana. DOH!

I would rather sit alone and pray than argue whether or not Noah took two of each animals onboard a boat. Who cares?! One rep point for faith believers and one for logic believers, we're all still in the same boat, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality