Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:07 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnofresno View Post
I believe Christianity as a whole teaches discrimination so it does not suprise me a bit.
While not exactly germane to the thread it does indirectly establishes how and why black theology and white theology diverged. An interesting article on the topic.

Content Pages of the Encyclopedia of Religion and Social Science
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 10:09 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Racism is another one of Satan's cards to promote division and hatred. It has ZERO to do with biblical Christianity which is how God determines who is Christian not modern apostate movement in Christendom.

He's talking to people that call Jesus "Lord."

Matthew 7:22-27

"22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39

In the end, it's who God calls "Christian." He makes it clear we will be judged based upon "what is written." It says we all have the same origin independent of skin color, et al... Christ Jesus says love EVERYONE. Love meaning charity toward one another/ personal sacrifice for one another. Notice it doesn't mean love what everyone DOES. Skin color is due to an increase in the pigment melanin to protect against the radiation from the Sun. There's nothing more to it. No Aryan race or any other Satanic concept of origin.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:06 AM

87 posts, read 87,267 times
Smile Great piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Racism is another one of Satan's cards to promote division and hatred. It has ZERO to do with biblical Christianity which is how God determines who is Christian not modern apostate movement in Christendom.

He's talking to people that call Jesus "Lord."

Matthew 7:22-27

"22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39

In the end, it's who God calls "Christian." He makes it clear we will be judged based upon "what is written." It says we all have the same origin independent of skin color, et al... Christ Jesus says love EVERYONE. Love meaning charity toward one another/ personal sacrifice for one another. Notice it doesn't mean love what everyone DOES. Skin color is due to an increase in the pigment melanin to protect against the radiation from the Sun. There's nothing more to it. No Aryan race or any other Satanic concept of origin.
Hello lee9786

What I bolded is what I wish to conclude on the matter. Being judged on what is written puts fear in my heart as Paul summarizes I am the least of least of men. Some people want to divide the goats from the sheep before Christ does. That's fine by me but that is done in the spirit of error which can be of the antichrist. Doing things before Christ that is. I only ask them to reconcile themselves before they leave the world because death is forever.

Thanks.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Racism is another one of Satan's cards to promote division and hatred.
Well whether it is satan or Cat in the Hat, it has no bearing on the discussion regarding the differences between African American and white American theology or liturgy.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:53 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
As a non-Christian who has been to both types of churches extensively, I'd say the main difference is the style of worship. For the most part, white-majority churches (other than the Pentacostals) believe in reverence, while black-majority churches believe in celebration.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
As a non-Christian who has been to both types of churches extensively, I'd say the main difference is the style of worship. For the most part, white-majority churches (other than the Pentacostals) believe in reverence, while black-majority churches believe in celebration.
I suspect that there is a theological (maybe liturgical is a better word) basis for that difference.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:00 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,685 times
Thank you for such a thoughtful article. I agree with your insights.

I attend a church where many ethnicities are represented. And, as far as I know, folks work well together. From my experience, African Christians don't seem to have the cultural baggage that African Americans have. And understandably so. But I can tell a difference. So it seems not so much a black/white issue, as an American black/white issue.

And, of course, it's not all Black churches. One Black church in my community is a leader when scriptually-based responses are required concerning social issues. But I think your article is, unfortunately, often true.

I have a similar dialogue with myself along the lines of nationalism. Am I a Christian first, or an American first. I am a Christian first, so must look at my country through that lens. That means I don't blindly follow a party or candidate. I must examine things compared with scripture.

Again, thank you for THINKING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality