Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 04:49 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
How do you guys feel about the Church of Euthanasia?
I would say it's a good thing....... hold on, hold on, let me explain........

Seeing as their slogan is, "save the planet, kill yourself"...... I would say anyone who is stupid enough to consider themselves a member of this "church", is so stupid that society has nmothing to gain from their existence. So..... hopefully they take the slogan to heart, and go on ahead and kill themselves.

Here's the link for a good laugh.....

Church of Euthanasia

Personaly I'm wondering if it was created as a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 01:31 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I would say it's a good thing....... hold on, hold on, let me explain........

Seeing as their slogan is, "save the planet, kill yourself"...... I would say anyone who is stupid enough to consider themselves a member of this "church", is so stupid that society has nmothing to gain from their existence. So..... hopefully they take the slogan to heart, and go on ahead and kill themselves.

Here's the link for a good laugh.....

Church of Euthanasia

Personaly I'm wondering if it was created as a joke.
If you look into it more, you will see that it wasn't so much a joke as a political statement.

This "church" is an atheist movement. Proof that atheism can cause harm, even if that harm is done only to oneself.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:08 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
If you look into it more, you will see that it wasn't so much a joke as a political statement.

This "church" is an atheist movement. Proof that atheism can cause harm, even if that harm is done only to oneself.

This statement goes against evrything you have been trying to prove in this thread, which is that no affiliation with any worldview specificly can cause harm, only the adherents themselves.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
This statement goes against evrything you have been trying to prove in this thread, which is that no affiliation with any worldview specificly can cause harm, only the adherents themselves.
You're right, what I should have said is that it is proof that an atheist can and do cause harm because of their beliefs. Thank you for correcting me.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:36 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
God's right hand man (according to him and lots of other people) the pope, forbids the use of condoms in a country that is being devastated by the spread of AIDS. And I suppose you are going to tell me that religion is harmless?

Old 11-12-2011, 10:06 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:

What make you assume that it is an atheist movement? I see nothing indicating that it is.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
God's right hand man (according to him and lots of other people) the pope, forbids the use of condoms in a country that is being devastated by the spread of AIDS. And I suppose you are going to tell me that religion is harmless?
Religion is harmless, just as atheism is harmless. It is how people interpret and/or use certain information.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What make you assume that it is an atheist movement? I see nothing indicating that it is.
What other term do you have for a disbelief in god and a hate for religion?

Old 11-13-2011, 11:02 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
What other term do you have for a disbelief in god and a hate for religion?
I see nothing of the sort...I don't think god or religion are even mentioned on that site.....Do you always equate atheism with hate? You keep talking about religion not being at fault when bad things happen, but you say bad things are done by people. However you continue to paint a picture of atheists with a very broad negative brush...

Old 11-13-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I see nothing of the sort...I don't think god or religion are even mentioned on that site.....Do you always equate atheism with hate? You keep talking about religion not being at fault when bad things happen, but you say bad things are done by people. However you continue to paint a picture of atheists with a very broad negative brush...
Nope. I don't associate atheism with hate. Those are your words not mine. Atheism in it's whole isn't bad, well not totally. Any movement that seeks to end another movement for no good reason is of course a bad thing. However, most atheists are good people. Sadly some paint a vary wrong picture of religion and most things spiritual or metaphysical.

They say that all religions are evil or bad and they use only bad examples like what is going on in some third world countries and the extremists that want to change laws. Ok we get it already, there are bad people out there using their flag as a crutch to do certain things. This does not in anyway paint the whole picture. MOST religious people are kind people who go through life never bothering others.

With atheism it is the same exact thing. There are bad people out there that use the atheist movement for their own purpose and fly the flag as a crutch. They do not paint the whole picture for atheists. Most go through life never bothering anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality