Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 03:06 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
It's passed the point of stupidity a long time ago. i'm done with it
I see someone isn't a fan of Monty Python.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 03:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
that's the thing though....the gnostic Jesus doesn't look, quack. walk, etc like the Biblical Christ. He's a different person in the gnostic heresy.
So the "Gnostic Christ" is just some look-alike people reported on? Like in the movie "Dave"?

Or he was Jesus' long-lost brother Shlomo Christ or something?

Old 12-14-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
He didn't sink in water. What else doesn't sink in water? Wood, witches, very small pebbles, and...DUCKS.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! So you're saying if the Gnostic Christ weighs more than a duck..........?

Old 12-14-2011, 03:14 PM

87 posts, read 87,248 times
Talking No leads mean no goddesses deeds were taken serious

Hello all.

I see that there are more insults to goddesses than praises.

At least that is consistent.

So there is still the unknown of the worshippers of Greek and Roman goddesses versus the 'mythological' accounts of written works by scribes of the Holy Bible translated into many languages with a Christianity slogan.

Which worshipper are known versuses the unknown without any following.

For now, that means that the goddesses of Rome and Greece were not taken serious and in the end made a mockery.

I think the OP proposed a solid question but apparently there is no solid leads except back to the original element of degrading the most widely spoken forms of worship of today in the OP locale.

That's my thoughts on this matter.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
u do have it. mother mary.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
that's the thing though....the gnostic Jesus doesn't look, quack. walk, etc like the Biblical Christ. He's a different person in the gnostic heresy.
Okay, so there WAS this second Christ dude. A false deity and all that stuff...He did of course somehow overlap tons of things that the purportedly historical Jesus did, had the same name, and his followers all had the same names as Jesus' followers and they must have looked identical since apparently, people "mistook" the "Gnostic Christ" for Jesus and it all occurred at the same time in the same place and.........

But...different dude.

It's so weird that the NT doesn't report on this look-alike. That must have pizzed Jesus off bigtime, some dude following him around and copying everything he did, even gathering followers of the same names. Ughhhhhhh! Somebody slap that Gnostic Christ. No wonder Jesus is never smiling in paintings of him.

I actually had a girl like this follow me around all through Middle School (although we didn't look exactly alike, both have friends w/exactly the same names, etc). ANYthing I did, she copied (just like Shlomo Christ of the False Gnostic Texts did with Jesus). I SERIOUSLY was tempted once to go in with my hair sort of half-chopped off and dyed plaid or something. I think Jesus totally should have done something like this with the Gnostic Christ. That would have been hilarious.

Okay, sorry, folks. This has all been fascinating, you learn something new every day! I personally am going to look up Shlomo the False Deity. Now he could be a good one to follow. At least he liked women.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...K8SsVw&cad=rja

Mother God

Old 12-14-2011, 05:02 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
A lot of them did! The Greek and Roman gods were depicted as notoriously horny and slutty.
And angels had sex, too.
That info on Yahweh being originally a god of war, one god among many for the early Jews makes SO much sense.
It explains a lot about the guy in the OT.
It also explains the very different feeling of the god of creation in Genesis, compared to the guy who populates the rest of the OT.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:50 PM

641 posts, read 558,279 times
Quote:
He didn't sink in water. What else doesn't sink in water? Wood, witches, very small pebbles, and...DUCKS.
Ahahahahahahaha!!!

"She's a witch. BURN HER!!!"

Old 12-14-2011, 07:05 PM

641 posts, read 558,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
And angels had sex, too.
That info on Yahweh being originally a god of war, one god among many for the early Jews makes SO much sense.
It explains a lot about the guy in the OT.
It also explains the very different feeling of the god of creation in Genesis, compared to the guy who populates the rest of the OT.
The OT was written by at least four different authors and a fifth redactor, who probably also wrote Deuteronomy, at four distinctly different points in time. This is why the language of the OT is so radically different from passage to passage and why certain passages refer to events that an earlier author could not have known would happen.

It's funny; the god, El Elyon, is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT god from Yahweh. So when you hear Christians and Jews quoting certain passages, they're actually worshipping a god other than Yahweh, who, prior to king Josiah's decree that Yahweh was the only god in existence, was only Yahweh Saboath, or Yahweh, god of the armies. If you study the archaeology of the Levant and the Near East, you'll be blown away by the influence that Sumerian, Egyptian, Akkadian, Canaanite and Babylonian religion had on the authors of the Bible. The OT is positively innundated with remnants of these religions.

And to a lesser degree, so is the NT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality