Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 02:24 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times

Advertisements

Has it ever been observed? No.

To presume that it could requires a "statement of Faith".

So why are so highly respective of persons that build their entire Evolution Religion on presumption.

According to JESUS, when the day of judgment comes it will be demonstrated to be a foundation of sand. Matt 7

Not only will the theory be forgotten, but ALL those that choose to continue to rebel against God and His Christ that adhere to this theological world view.

Can you imagine what it will be like to have "no hope"?

Thankfully GOD is good through His longsuffering and kindness still has His hand stretched out to a rebellious people. JESUS has his hand out, but he will not force you to grab it.

How we judge Christ is how we will be judged. Every word, deed, and motive from the heart.

Why not just repent and live? God created us for fellowship. Jesus says if you obey all His words He's not calling you servants but His friends.

So do you want to be his friend or his enemy? The Word talk as about an eternal state of the soul after death.

We'll either be with Him or separate.

The rich man that lifted up his eyes in hell did not wasn't anybody to go there. Luke 16. It is too late for him.

But not for YOU.

God resists the proud, but gives Grace to the humble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 02:30 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Why not just repent and live?
Why don't you just become a Muslim?

Old 04-20-2013, 02:33 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,411 times
I was just going to say that you evolve a cycle by breaking the cycle.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Why don't you just become a Muslim?
Because Islam can not answer the question, How can a Just God justify sinful man?

They, like every false Religion, are attempting to approach God with their relative "filthy rags" righteousness and good works as opposed to submitting to the righteousness of Christ by Faith in Him obeying Him.

Just as Cain did, and his works were rejected.

The question is referring Evolution theology however.

Every faith will be tested eventually.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Because Islam can not answer the question, ...
Just as Islam does not answer the question for you, Christianity doesn't answer questions for others...so there is the answer to your question.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:56 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
My comments on your overstated mistakes in blue.

Quote:
Has it ever been observed? No.

QUITE WRONG, in fact. Easily now observed in the lab, and of course with the new (but for your perspective, truly frightening, I'll agree) proven science of DNA lineage tracking. (If you don't agree, then I'll explain in understandable terms, but in fact I'm sure you don't want inarguable facts placed right in front of you for all to witness..)

To presume that it could requires a "statement of Faith".

Repeated: WRONG. No blind faith required when we can reproduce and/or observe it in the lab. Of course, you would choose to not be there, now would you? too frightening. The blind faith part is your domain, I"m afraid, since there has proven to be no way at all, ever, to provide even a tiny whiff of any evidence of a God.

So why are so highly respective of persons that build their entire Evolution Religion on presumption.

Oh please... point out our dogma book(s), our refusal to test anything you put before us, our regular meeting place and age-old unquestioned icons of worship (such as a carved wooden guy nailed to a cross up at the front of your places of regular groups chanting and parrotting, or of little crosses or Satanic icons hanging around our necks. Please. I want to know.

According to JESUS, when the day of judgment comes it will be demonstrated to be a foundation of sand. Matt 7

Not only will the theory be forgotten, but ALL those that choose to continue to rebel against God and His Christ that adhere to this theological world view.

Ah yes: again, the persistent misuse of the word "theory", and again, on purpose I'm afraid, since you more than understand the scientific use of that word. Hiding your head, all the spiritual way down to your heart, in the dark dry sands of total ignorance, will not save you from the true and final ending of your simply biochemical life when you finally die.

Meantime, you, certainly not I, are wasting a massive percentage of your limited time here on earth, alive, in such pointless faith-based and desperate praying and hoping for endless salvation, an eternity of sitting beside Jesus and discussing what again? For literally unending trillions upon gah-zillions of never-ending years? what will you ask Him tomorrow? Next week? A hundred years from now? A trillion? Or will you simply hope to have forgotten what you asked Him last weekend? Or do you think He'll possibly be interested on YOUR opinions? (Not likely, esp. since, of course, He doesn't exist.. but then,...)

What a mindlessly driven dream of totally absurd dimensions.

Can you imagine what it will be like to have "no hope"?

[b]Ahhh... of course: Fear-mongering at it's finest. No problem: it's what you and Christianity regularly use to try to convince the scientifically and mentally incompetent and illiteratá.

No Hope for what? My life, obviously unlike yours now, is not filled with a deep primordial fear and thus a need and hope for some imaginary salvation for all my "sins", those that have been successfully pre-defined and then drubbed into your mind as un-repairable unless you immediately give of your complete life to God and Jee-suss, brothas and sistahs!

(Remember now, I have read and leaned your side of this argument, while it's pretty obvious that you have not even considered learning any of our side's valid points. I was once a DEVOUT young brainless and non-critical Christian teen-to twenties kid, trained and admonished to NEVER give a minute to the atheist perspective. The proponents of this point of view were, in retrospect, truly frightened of those ideas, as are you. But by the time I's reached an adult-age of about 27 or so I'd figured it out and was finally freed of the strangling bonds of intellectual ignorance. Not all of us are so lucky, it seems...

I was therefore not dragged down with such unending and thoughtless drivel, can and do happily enjoy my happily spiritual life (just not your particular mandated set of intransigent Dogmo-theisms...), giving generously of my time to better educate the children that I come into constant contact with, helping others in my community, communicating as needs be (unscheduled, and not absolutely mandated by some other "administration") with other atheist thinkers, many, like me, who used to be thoughtless devout Christians, and so on.

Hardly the unethical morons you guys love to depict us as. How desperate you seem.

Thankfully GOD is good through His long suffering and kindness still has His hand stretched out to a rebellious people. JESUS has his hand out, but he will not force you to grab it.

How we judge Christ is how we will be judged. Every word, deed, and motive from the heart.

Why not just repent and live? God created us for fellowship. Jesus says if you obey all His words He's not calling you servants but His friends.

So do you want to be his friend or his enemy? The Word talk as about an eternal state of the soul after death.

We'll either be with Him or separate.

The rich man that lifted up his eyes in hell did not wasn't anybody to go there. Luke 16. It is too late for him.

But not for YOU.

God resists the proud, but gives Grace to the humble.
If there is a God (), He'll absolutely give me full credit for playing "The Devil's Advocate" in forcing the drummed-in stubbornly resistant mindset of non-critical thinkers to at least give life and their existence some thought. He'll also completely acknowledge such things, for instance, as a very old earth (from the inarguable geological column, ) and of the obvious truth of Evolution, and so on. I mean, c'mon: let's not be bronze-age non-thinkers here; the evidence you so vehemently but illiterately deny, is all around you. After all, this is the 21st, not the 16th, century.

As well, would you insist that the right thing for me, or anyone, to do would be to mindless adopt a highly questionable antique mythology that DOES NOT RESONATE WITH OUR MINDS? {but do look up the word resonate, please!} How heart-felt, explain, is such unethical and false thinking? Is this the Christian way, to lie to yourself? Hmmm....

I will be welcomed into that mindlessly brain-washed domain of endless chit-chat with Jesus, along with His audience of trillions of saved souls all crowding around like "Sycophants* for God", all hoping for some promised even-higher state of being. How silly.

*Sycophant: A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.

Last edited by rifleman; 04-20-2013 at 03:21 PM..

Old 04-20-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Just as Islam does not answer the question for you, Christianity doesn't answer questions for others...so there is the answer to your question.
The problem is, if something is the absolute truth and reality, picking "gods" is not really an option.

Especially as He's told us He's written THE truth of His existence in our hearts. A hardened heart striving to explain away God because he "judges" us nor letting feel comfortable in our sin so he is replaced with substitutes.

So their will be no excuse, because the secrets of the heart will one day be made manifest and we ourselves will see how it wasn't really unbelief but straight up rebellion.

The unrepentant man in Luke 16 realized what he was getting was just. He did not suggest it wasn't. His concern was that others would come to this awful place. Abraham said they must hear the prophets and respond by Faith.

The beautiful thing is after all of our rebellion JESUS still receives sinners. All it takes is a humble spirit asking for his forgiveness recognizing our offense giving our commitment to love and serve Him receiving His free gift of pardon.

All forgiven. Slate wiped clean as white as snow. A gift we could never earn but only receive, and it is SO sad that many are choosing to refuse to receive it.

There is only one sin that is not forgiveable, that is rejecting Jesus Christ as the propitiation for our sins.

The Blood of our Creator was shed. It is rejecting His love.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
The problem is, if something is the absolute truth and reality, picking "gods" is not really an option.
Well then, all you need to do is show that what you believe IS truth and reality isn't it. Go!

Quote:
Especially as He's told us He's written THE truth of His existence in our hearts. A hardened heart striving to explain away God because he "judges" us nor letting feel comfortable in our sin so he is replaced with substitutes.
Using the Bible to prove the Bible isn't going to work here. It will on the Christian forum...but not here.

Quote:
So their will be no excuse, because the secrets of the heart will one day be made manifest and we ourselves will see how it wasn't really unbelief but straight up rebellion.

The unrepentant man in Luke 16 realized what he was getting was just. He did not suggest it wasn't. His concern was that others would come to this awful place. Abraham said they must hear the prophets and respond by Faith.

The beautiful thing is after all of our rebellion JESUS still receives sinners. All it takes is a humble spirit asking for his forgiveness recognizing our offense giving our commitment to love and serve Him receiving His free gift of pardon.

All forgiven. Slate wiped clean as white as snow. A gift we could never earn but only receive, and it is SO sad that many are choosing to refuse to receive it.

There is only one sin that is not forgiveable, that is rejecting Jesus Christ as the propitiation for our sins.

The Blood of our Creator was shed. It is rejecting His love.
Nothing more than preaching.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:03 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Quote:

Again, here you instantly and thoughtlessly defer to insult and mindless inaccuracies about us. Since when is my heart "hardened"? I was originally full of thoughtless and soft-hearted (which is perhaps the default alternate position you claim?) love for the false God of Abraham, with all of it's impossibilities.

Such as His obviously endless vengeful behavior, which was typical of the bible's illiterate author's days, not of ours, His total lack of commentary on such factual realities as dinosaurs, an ancient earth and universes (not yet finished, as it was claimed to be in Genesis... Hmm...) etc.

Why do you assume so much about those of us who simply reject these obvious mythologies? You might "need" such an artificial beleif system, long since proven to be just that? OK: that's your choice, not ours. We've arrived at our different understandings, me by careful thought and simple tests, you apparently by just believing everything written in an ancient and translated book. I can send you a 15 year old biology/geology book if you just believe whatever is written in books.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:58 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
I have to agree that this OP was just the more mindless type of preaching. A boneheaded and uninformed and indeed irrelevant swipe at evolution, some waving about of that flawed book of myth, the Bible and some ad baculum hellthreat. As Christian exigesis and apologetics go it was so poor that this will be my only post here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality